Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1452104 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #6315 on: October 03, 2013, 02:06:15 pm »

Railroads! sucks. It's kiddie Tycoon.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #6316 on: October 03, 2013, 06:54:15 pm »

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition is currently on sale as a weekend deal at 75% off. $5 USD.

I dunno if I want to buy it or not. Baldur's Gate is one of those games I almost always hear good things about, and looking at some videos on Youtube it seems like my kind of game.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6317 on: October 03, 2013, 06:56:20 pm »

I found it boring, and its difficulty was in tedium. That said, I still recognize it as a great game. You could buy it to try it, and if you don't like it you can still use it to show off your great taste.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6318 on: October 03, 2013, 07:35:51 pm »

I sure played the heck out of it when it first came out.

Also XCOM is seeeeeeriously tempting me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6319 on: October 03, 2013, 11:00:22 pm »

Sword of the Stars: The Pit + DLC are on sale for a total of $5. Thoughts?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6320 on: October 04, 2013, 12:44:56 am »

I sure played the heck out of it when it first came out.

Also XCOM is seeeeeeriously tempting me.
Well worth it at $10, I think. Not sure if the DLC justifies its high price though...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #6321 on: October 04, 2013, 12:55:56 am »

$10 for the base game of XCOM:EU is definitely worth it. Lots of replayability and enjoyability from attempting Classic Ironman or Impossible Ironman.

The little extra DLCs going for a few bucks might be worth the extra cash. Can't say for the newest DLC. Maybe if that went for a cheap price in the future like the base game is at the moment, otherwise $30 seems unnecessary.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6322 on: October 04, 2013, 01:04:08 am »

$10 for the base game of XCOM:EU is definitely worth it. Lots of replayability and enjoyability from attempting Classic Ironman or Impossible Ironman.

The little extra DLCs going for a few bucks might be worth the extra cash. Can't say for the newest DLC. Maybe if that went for a cheap price in the future like the base game is at the moment, otherwise $30 seems unnecessary.
This is Firaxis here, Enemy Within is a big update to the game compared to the smaller dlc adding more branches in character development and more strategies to the game. Comparing to say Civ5 with Gods and Kings and A New World, i can't argue with the price as someone will jump on it.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6323 on: October 04, 2013, 01:10:00 am »

I'm sure it's a decent update, but the question is, is it worth my substantial wad of cash at this very moment?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6324 on: October 04, 2013, 03:07:38 am »

The Railroad Tycoon franchise is on sale.
Railroad Tycoon 3 has one of the best economic systems that I saw in a game. I played that and replayed that.

I miss you, PopTop games.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #6325 on: October 04, 2013, 09:13:07 am »

I miss them, too. I remember reading their dev diaries of Tropico that came on the deluxe edition or w/e CDs. It was like a short book, detailing the life of an indie studio, trying to come up with game ideas, reusing methods that worked in their previous games, parking in the parking lot outside of E3 and inviting whoever they could to play a demo version that could have exploded at any moment but thankfully behaved itself... it might seriously be one of the best resources for getting a realistic understanding of small game studios. What I'm sad about, though, is that they were having very, very serious funding issues, but they didn't want to sell their studio. Finally, they were able to negotiate something with Take-Two Interactive that would allow them to remain independent but get the financial security that they desperately needed. They were afraid the entire time that attaching themselves to a big publisher would mean that they'd just get eaten up and lose everything anyway, but they thought that they could remain as they were under Take-Two. That was the case, for a while. I'm just upset that their fears when they sealed the deal were eventually realized.

Anyway, if you really liked RR3 for its economics, you might prefer RR2. It is considered to be more robust of an economics game.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6326 on: October 04, 2013, 09:46:45 am »

So what do people think of Volgarr the Viking? Somehow I managed to earn a 25% off coupon for it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6327 on: October 04, 2013, 01:48:37 pm »

So what do people think of Volgarr the Viking? Somehow I managed to earn a 25% off coupon for it.

Yeah me too...

Just looking at the first trailer, Adult Swim seems responsible for it's production, which actually makes me instantly leery of it's quality. Though that's just me holding a grudge, a grudge against anyone who for any reason whatsoever could ever possibly think Squidbillies was either a funny or interesting enough concept to build a show about.

Fuck I hate Squidbillies.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6328 on: October 04, 2013, 01:59:08 pm »

The Adult Swim publishing team is obviously different then the team that decides what goes on television. They've published some decent little games in the past like Paranautical Activity and Super House of Dead Ninjas.

I heard Volgarr is a retro callback to the old design school of video games - influenced by arcade machines. It's a brutally hard action platformer heavily inspired by Ghosts and Goblins, it even includes the same damage system.
I haven't played it but I've been curious and watched a couple Let's Plays. What's really holding me back is that the game seems to have really old school controls, in particular the jumping. I like my brutal platformers to have very precise movement otherwise I don't find them fun at all. 

EDIT: Fixed some spelling and grammar.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 02:13:48 pm by Catastrophic lolcats »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6329 on: October 04, 2013, 02:01:55 pm »

Fuck I hate Squidbillies.

The bird is mine!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 1134