Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1458714 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #150 on: April 27, 2011, 12:34:59 am »

Oh man, that level of roleplay is pretty intense.

I tried out the demo and a couple of missions. Holy shit this game is hard... Not to mention the controls are seriously difficult to learn.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 27, 2011, 01:33:15 am »

The only qualm I have about this game is how my damn squad can't keep up in single player. Ended up going multiplayer at the third mission, logging onto one of the most populated servers, then spending 12 hours playing some kind of cops and robbers style game that I didn't expect at all.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2011, 02:05:47 am »

Oh man, that level of roleplay is pretty intense.

I tried out the demo and a couple of missions. Holy shit this game is hard... Not to mention the controls are seriously difficult to learn.

Agreed.  If they're going to make the cyclic controls on the helis that realistic, easier to use flight instruments would be nice.

Although I have no idea what the hell is up with the parachute...apparently that sucker can spin on a dime.

KG

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2011, 02:13:52 am »

The only qualm I have about this game is how my damn squad can't keep up in single player. Ended up going multiplayer at the third mission, logging onto one of the most populated servers, then spending 12 hours playing some kind of cops and robbers style game that I didn't expect at all.

Yah don't play singleplayer campaign. Really, ever. Bets bet for soloing is the Flashpoint: Placenamehere maps, like Flashpoint Takistan and all that. Randomly generated dynamic battles in the open world.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 27, 2011, 04:25:09 pm »

God damnit I want this game, but I currently have zero cash.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #155 on: April 27, 2011, 07:40:20 pm »

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 27, 2011, 07:46:34 pm »

I just registered on the forums for the 15th MEU, although I'm reconsidering actually applying for training because they seem to be a bit TOO serious about their rules - like forcing you to join a reserve unit and be passed over for promotion if you can't make a few of their Sunday video game meetings. Way to take ANY conceivable enjoyment out of a hobby guys.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 27, 2011, 07:49:09 pm »

I just registered on the forums for the 15th MEU, although I'm reconsidering actually applying for training because they seem to be a bit TOO serious about their rules - like forcing you to join a reserve unit and be passed over for promotion if you can't make a few of their Sunday video game meetings. Way to take ANY conceivable enjoyment out of a hobby guys.
Fake Real war is serious buisness pal, fake men have lost their lives in these games.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 27, 2011, 08:01:21 pm »

Fake Real war is serious buisness pal, fake men have lost their lives in these games.
Real men have lost their lives to these games.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 27, 2011, 08:14:48 pm »

Real men have lost their lives to these games.

Hah!  As fun as it seems like it would be to play with the 15th MEU, I don't know if I would want to stick it out with 'em.  However, I give them credit because they do some pretty cool stuff and it is all so well executed and encompassing.  When it comes down to it, I feel like I should devote my time to something... real.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2011, 08:51:28 pm »

If you think your computer will have trouble with ARMA II, get Combined Operations. I've found that Operation Arrowhead runs much smoother than the base game.
If your computer can run Operation Arrowhead, try the base game. If it doesn't run good, you still have to content in Arrowhead.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2011, 04:17:21 pm »

This sale looks decent, I suppose. The Mount & Blade complete pack is $20. It includes the original, Warbands, and the newest one due out May 3. Also: TF2 hats, as if there aren't enough of them.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2011, 04:38:06 pm »

Hmm, not that interested in With fire and sword but that's a sweet deal. grabbing Warband off Steam (I have non-steam M&B that I spent WAY too much money on right before WB came out, bad move by me)

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 28, 2011, 04:43:58 pm »

Im looking forward to fire and sword. Hey, anybody knows a good novel about that history period? (specially from that part of europe)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 28, 2011, 04:56:09 pm »

Im looking forward to fire and sword. Hey, anybody knows a good novel about that history period? (specially from that part of europe)
How about the novel series "With Fire and Sword" by Henry Sienkiewicz. :P The new standalone is adapted from those books.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 1134