Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1458776 times)

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #135 on: April 26, 2011, 03:16:14 pm »

Goshdarnit. I bought those a few months ago when they weren't on sale.

For those of you who have ARMA and don't know about this:

www.plannedassault.com

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 26, 2011, 03:22:38 pm »

http://store.steampowered.com/news/5370/

You know you want too.
which one is better to get?
Definitely getting Arma.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 26, 2011, 04:20:46 pm »

So, I've 5 dollars to spend on Steam. Spend it now or later?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #138 on: April 26, 2011, 04:54:40 pm »

Nice. I wanted to try out another one of these kinds of games. Did the math and the package deal is definitely worth it. (Full individual price - current sale = $52.99 difference; Full package price - current sale = $18 (actually, it was visible anyway)). Overall, nice deal nonetheless.

If it plays anything like Delta Force, I'll have some fun. Then again, I may not be the best team player in operations. I tend to play these kinds of games too much like a mercenary. A crazy-awesome mercenary. Considering physics engines and such, given the opportunity, instead of a more effective grenade toss in the open behind a wall (or reflecting off walls), I would instead try to aim a grenade in a way that the shock would launch something heavy at the guy behind a wall (like a table or something).

Then again, if it plays anything like Ghost Recon, I'm going to die. Like I said, I'm not a good team player sometimes. Even in Delta Force, Alpha Leader always got shot (then again, I was always Bravo). Almost every single mission, whether be by my mistake (thinking he's the enemy), or I thought I got everyone sniped, only to see A-1 get shot in the ass by someone where I didn't think to look. Let's not forget, I also give myself some small challenges, like in underground halls or tall buildings (Delta Force: Task Force Dagger), go stealth, and knife everyone at the site.

I'm also the type of player that tends to think it a good idea to fire rockets at any troops riding ATVs or Zodiacs, because they're vehicles. I think I'll reserve that kind of behavior for if a multiplayer match is getting dull.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 05:06:42 pm by Itnetlolor »

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 26, 2011, 05:41:20 pm »

I really wish I could run ARMA II.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 26, 2011, 05:42:09 pm »

http://store.steampowered.com/news/5370/

You know you want too.
which one is better to get?
Definitely getting Arma.
If you can, get both. While Arrowhead is technically a Standalone, if you have both (installed, not merely owned), you unlock some stuff from the other version that isn't on the base of that version.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 26, 2011, 06:19:07 pm »

So tempting. No money sadly =(

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 26, 2011, 06:47:35 pm »

i would buy arma II right now even if you can't run it. It's unlikely to be this price again for a year or more. As for the question about playing like delta force, it's nothing like that or ghost recon. It's much more hardcore than that my friend. it's not really an action fps as much as it is a simulator.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 26, 2011, 08:07:19 pm »

As for the question about playing like delta force, it's nothing like that or ghost recon. It's much more hardcore than that my friend. it's not really an action fps as much as it is a simulator.

This.  First person small squad and single unit tactical simulator.  I didn't like it, though I didn't give it much time.  I just saw a steep learning curve for a genre I don't care for.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 26, 2011, 08:46:07 pm »

Yah don't go in expecting any games you've played before. Closest cousin is the OLD Operation Flashpoint games, which were done by the same dudes. Heck, earlier I was watching a PvP mission on YouTube. They are 40 minutes in without encountering the enemy once.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 26, 2011, 09:08:08 pm »

i would buy arma II right now even if you can't run it. It's unlikely to be this price again for a year or more.

I was thinking this, and typically I have this mindset, but I don't know when I will have a computer that will run it.  I was thinking I would get both and that seems like a lot of money for something that I can't even use, and won't be able to for some time.  But just ARMA II might be a good investment, and if you say it won't be this price over a year...  Hmm.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 26, 2011, 09:36:40 pm »

God I want it so bad but I can't afford it, even at that low low price.

Being a student sucks :3
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 26, 2011, 10:05:36 pm »

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 26, 2011, 10:34:01 pm »

That doesn't make me want to play ARMA II.  This does.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 26, 2011, 11:40:14 pm »

That doesn't make me want to play ARMA II.  This does.

That was pretty awesome.  And at least one guy there had decent radio discipline.  I picked up this game since I haven't played a decent squad sim since America's Army 2.8.3...I'm looking forward to it now.

KG
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 1134