Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 926 927 [928] 929 930 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454195 times)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13905 on: November 29, 2016, 11:04:19 pm »

Just Cause 3 is at -75% currently (both with and without the DLC with actual content), on Steam.
Wasn't it really unstable and buggy? That was what kept me playing JC2 even though that's a total pain in the ass to run.

Yeah, it has some gigantic memory leaks that make it run like crap on a lot of systems. Patches have never explicitly addressed it. Some patches have made it better for folks, some have made it worse, but last I checked, it definitely wasn't definitely solved, if that makes sense. Which is a pity, because it's a really fun game.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13906 on: November 30, 2016, 01:23:49 am »

Just Cause 3 is at -75% currently (both with and without the DLC with actual content), on Steam.
Wasn't it really unstable and buggy? That was what kept me playing JC2 even though that's a total pain in the ass to run.
I don't really know.
But with its 60 Go, I will be able to tell you (at least for my system), in 2 weeks or so :-°
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 01:25:33 am by IWishIWereSarah »

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13907 on: December 01, 2016, 06:14:43 am »

*fweeee-thunk*  Message for you, sir! /python

Neverwinter Nights 1 Complete is free on GOG's Winter Sale thinger, offer expires in ~47 hours.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13908 on: December 01, 2016, 08:34:59 am »

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up. I think I have two copies of the original NWN somewhere but it is nice to have a digital edition.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13909 on: December 01, 2016, 09:29:07 am »

Same; thanks for the due notice.  It's much more convenient than my little index card of CD keys, very finely written on both sides.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13910 on: December 01, 2016, 10:19:52 am »

The best Neverwinter and it's free.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13911 on: December 01, 2016, 10:57:02 am »

Yoink.

Just told all my tabletop buddies to get it, maybe I can get some dungeonmastering going on there (always wanted to try that).

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13912 on: December 01, 2016, 11:19:45 am »

Every time I try to play NWN I get to/past the prison area very early in the game and lose interest. It's a shame because back when it was popular there was a lot of neat stuff online that I never got to try. There were even proper roleplaying servers and such with dungeon masters (I think? I can't recall).

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13913 on: December 01, 2016, 11:27:39 am »

There were. I played on a couple. The couple I played had really specific rules but also custom loot and all this other cool stuff.

For the base game yeah, I lost interest a couple hours in to. Probably because I hate the 3rd Ed rules set and buying up a whole bunch of crap I don't care about and doesn't improve my character didn't endear me to playing.

But it's still a decent game if you can get past that. I spent a lot of time in the map editor.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13914 on: December 01, 2016, 11:39:22 am »

I'm not sure if I ever met anyone who actually enjoyed the main quest of the base game, though I suppose I didn't hate it as much as some people out there claim to.  It was a rather uninspired paint-by-numbers plot that could be summed up as:
10 START chapter: go to new region
20 Collect four plot coupons from four areas in region
30 Redeem plot coupons for final area/boss
40 Fight chapter boss
50 END chapter: GOTO 10

The expansion stories were better (within limits), and the real shining gem of the game was the ability for people to build their own stories.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 11:41:18 am by Culise »

nyulzsiraf

• Bay Watcher
  • Panic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13915 on: December 01, 2016, 11:46:55 am »

GoG winter sale:
https://www.gog.com/

With free Neverwinter Nights Diamond

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13916 on: December 01, 2016, 11:55:23 am »

Yeah, everyone should grab that. Some of the user-made scenarios are amazing. I'm pretty sure they're still around, too, since NWN never got a sequel that the fans really moved over to. I had the complete edition, but not the diamond edition which included the third expansion pack, so there were a lot of servers I couldn't join, but I also felt bad about basically buying the game over.

I also want everyone to know that the BASE CAMPAIGN is rubbish, but the two expansion packs are worth your time. Hordes of the Underdark is good, and I enjoyed Shadows of Undrentide even more. I also haven't played the Kingmaker scenario, which wikipedia says is "award winning" so that's probably good, or the other two scenarios in the Kingmaker expansion, Shadowguard and Witch's Wake.

TL;DR GET NWN DIAMOND IT'S THE BEST DND COMPUTER GAME THAT ISN'T ROLL20
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13917 on: December 01, 2016, 12:01:36 pm »

Oh. Back in the day, I played the original and quit after an hour or two because it wasn't fun.

Of course I didn't buy the expansions because that would have required a fundamentally different personality. One willing to "throw good money after bad."
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13918 on: December 01, 2016, 12:57:58 pm »

I wonder if the additional modules actually work with this one. Y'know how Diamond had the three expansions and then a handful of modules that you were supposed to register online to get and then it asked for you to pay for those again?

Yeah, those ones.
Last time I reaquired/reinstalled the game the modules ran fine. If nothing else there's... solutions... of one sort or another around these days.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13919 on: December 01, 2016, 01:09:48 pm »

By the way, the premium modules are actually free nowadays (legally, if you worry about that). They are not always easy to find, however. There's a bunch of them, including a random dungeon generator.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 926 927 [928] 929 930 ... 1134