Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 924 925 [926] 927 928 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454194 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13875 on: November 25, 2016, 09:28:13 pm »

Eh, I have a similar problem. I beat the game on my brother's PS4, and bought it on Steam to support CDPR, but even though I have mods and faster loading times and stuff I'd kinda rather just go play it on console since I already have so much more progress. :P It's a great game, but it's also a very long one...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #13876 on: November 25, 2016, 09:30:43 pm »

I think it's probably worth going through it again
I actually have the old hard drive
But no clue how to get the save data out of it
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13877 on: November 25, 2016, 10:04:19 pm »

Oh, no question. Good luck with the hard drive Twin, maybe someone around B12 can help out if you post down in Life Advice.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13878 on: November 25, 2016, 10:24:27 pm »

Generic Computer Advice Thread is your friend.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13879 on: November 25, 2016, 10:27:13 pm »

It's a Playstation 4 though :P
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13880 on: November 25, 2016, 10:37:11 pm »

It's a Playstation 4 though :P
It computes!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13881 on: November 25, 2016, 10:39:51 pm »

That and I have an idea of what I think I need to do
That being, plug hard drive into my computer, move files to flash drive, plug in flash drive to PS4

But the issue is I don't think the hard drive or it's case have anywhere I could put a cord, and I don't know how I'd get the data otherwise. Nevermind that I can't find my flash drive.
Sigtext!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13882 on: November 25, 2016, 10:42:02 pm »

That and I have an idea of what I think I need to do
That being, plug hard drive into my computer, move files to flash drive, plug in flash drive to PS4

But the issue is I don't think the hard drive or it's case have anywhere I could put a cord, and I don't know how I'd get the data otherwise. Nevermind that I can't find my flash drive.

Isn't there a way to transfer data from one PS4 to another through the system menu? I was able to do it with 2 PS3s.

Not sure how it would work with an old hard-drive to a new one though...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13883 on: November 25, 2016, 10:45:03 pm »

Yeah, it wouldn't work with hard drives. I think I moved some other data over by uploading it to the PSN (which you can do with PS+ I think). Not sure how I'd go about getting the rest of it though, without replacing my hard drive again just to get that one save game.
Sigtext!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13884 on: November 25, 2016, 11:03:34 pm »

I could ask my friend for you, since he is fairly savvy with such procedures having done similar things in the past, but unfortunately he's at a wild rave in some remote location for the next day or so and even if he had reception in the middle of nowhere getting an intelligible answer from him would likely be impossible.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #13885 on: November 26, 2016, 10:45:03 am »

You could connect it to a PC tower with a SATA cable. Or if you have a laptop with two hard drive bays you could plug it in there. Then xfer to thumb drive.

Alternatively, swap the old drive to new PS4 then export files to a flash drive and swap back.

Or buy you a case to make it into an external drive. Like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Tool-free-Inateck-External-Enclosure-FE2004/dp/B00JQTO8TU

Haha, totally unrelated but I just noticed something funny: Many of the external hard drive cases have an option to "include installation" for like $55+. Who would pay for "installation" of a hard drive into an external enclosure that literally snaps together? Let alone $55 installation for a $10 item.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 11:02:00 am by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13886 on: November 28, 2016, 12:25:29 am »

Age of Empires 2 HD with all the new expansions is currently 75% off ($8.74) on Steam. I personally consider it the best RTS ever made with a fantastic balance of mechanics which something that caters to almost anyone. Whether you enjoy rushing, turtling in a base or just playing some casual singleplayer campaigns/custom scenarios.

Both of the expansions added some nice content and balanced the meta a lot more. The recent beta patch seems to have fixed the majority of the performance issues people were having (although I doubt you'll ever get good performance out of a 8 player ludaKRIS 500 pop).

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13887 on: November 28, 2016, 12:52:15 am »

More importantly, IIRC you can use the HD version to play through voobly.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #13888 on: November 28, 2016, 05:29:14 am »

You can, although you need a fan patch. Do note though that I think the legendary HD input delay (you probably won't notice it if you're not a high-level player, don't worry) is still present then, so Voobly doesn't magically fix much, just give you access to a larger playerbase.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13889 on: November 28, 2016, 09:33:14 am »

Attila for 10€: Should I get it?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 924 925 [926] 927 928 ... 1134