Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 73

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A  (Read 49278 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A
« Reply #510 on: June 06, 2011, 03:06:55 am »

Hastur how long can I last without feeding before it begins to hamper me? Once I have reached thoe 100 mork on the training I will start making my bow, and some arrows for it once its done could someone enchant it for me to make it stronger, and to maybe light the arrows I use on fire?

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 06, 2011, 03:40:53 am »

Well, the brain-washed minion thing would be my first choice for a quick snack. I also refined the sweet pods into sugar for eating during the last turn, so we are not completely out yet. But yes, we need a more reliable and efficient food supply. And with "efficient", I mean "least amount of total shifts spent necessary to feed everyone".

Farming is the one option that immediately springs to mind for those who can digest plants. Since it's pretty boring, I suggest making the imp do it. Tilling soil and putting seeds into the ground should be simple enough that even it can manage. Optimally, the Sprite can cast its fast growth magic on the fields and otherwise concentrate on more challenging tasks.

As for our carnivores: this is trickier. The optimal solution would be a herd of grazing animals, upgraded by our resident mad scientists so that they regenerate lost limbs. Put them in a pasture and forget about them until it's time to sever a limb for eating or to suck some blood. Since we don't have any grazing animals, we should probably launch an expedition to the surface or to that new cave behind the sludge warrens to catch some. We'll need to find a way to safely deal with the slime first, though. (Trap it in a container or poison it with a molotov or acid potion, perhaps?)
In the meantime, fishing, hunting, and vermin collection are an inefficient stopgap measure. Maybe the time efficiency of hunting could be improved by setting traps and collecting what they gather from time to time?
Finally, there is the issue of brain lobes for the illithid, but I think a project for growing sentient plants is already well underway.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 06, 2011, 03:49:48 am »

Well, Im sure that if we mine out part of the slime place we can easily make a farm, so that should be good.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 06, 2011, 04:37:25 am »

How does the slime attack exactly?

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 06, 2011, 04:40:29 am »

It dissolves what it touches.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 06, 2011, 04:46:01 am »

Then the container we make for it will need to be enchanted to prevent it burning through, and to suck it into it. Then onc eits inside we will have to either put something heavy on top, or use magic to seal it shut.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 06, 2011, 05:13:05 am »

I have been noticing the food problem for a while now. That's why I grew some sweetpods a while back. I'm not going to spend every turn growing sweetpods however.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 06, 2011, 05:15:26 am »

Woa woa wait.

We are not gathering that slime.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 06, 2011, 05:16:11 am »

Woa woa wait.

We are not gathering that slime.

Why not?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 06, 2011, 05:18:45 am »

We know you're not going to spend every turn growing sweetpods, but farming is probably our best method of getting food.

Also, what's the point of the sentient plumphelmetmen? Are they intended to be servants or snacks? Also also, I can't stop imagining them as Goombas. What do they actually look like?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 06, 2011, 05:20:25 am »

I have been noticing the food problem for a while now. That's why I grew some sweetpods a while back. I'm not going to spend every turn growing sweetpods however.

Yes. I suggest we put the imp to farming so you only have to cast a growth spell on the field.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 06, 2011, 06:06:48 am »

Yeah, and with the help of ahra's character, I could probably make a fast growth enchantment or something.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 06, 2011, 07:16:26 am »

We know you're not going to spend every turn growing sweetpods, but farming is probably our best method of getting food.

Also, what's the point of the sentient plumphelmetmen? Are they intended to be servants or snacks? Also also, I can't stop imagining them as Goombas. What do they actually look like?

They're meant to be servants. Now I'm picturing them as goombas as well. :/

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 06, 2011, 07:21:38 am »

Sheesh why can't you just think of them as smaller versions of the giant mushroom off .hack games?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 06, 2011, 08:14:04 am »

I agree with the farming idea. That slime cavern, when cleared out and fixed up would make an excellent farm plot. We just have to figure out where that magic water is coming from so our food doesn't mutate on us and tries to eat us. Making the imps farm for us would be best, and those sentient plump helmets would also make good farmers. (I always picture them as the mushroom people out of baldur's gate 2, the part in the underdark for example.)

I really think that we should do something about the brain eater though. If he doesn't get something to eat soon, he'll try to chomp on one of us, and if he tries that, I'm using that kukri to cut his head off. Plus, I would rather NOT let some vampire chew on me as I'm asleep, I'll give some blood into a bowl, but that's it!

I reckon that the sprite should have a look at the slime. It seems to be coming from that moss, so perhaps he could do something with it?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 73