Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 73

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A  (Read 49267 times)

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A
« Reply #480 on: May 26, 2011, 10:48:03 am »

SLY     my gm sense tells me that you think the trogs barricaded you, but it was mirran, read her turn, the top of the stairs are blocked now

MIRRAN: yes you can feed on person without killing them. They would take 3 damage and lose 3 endurance and you would be good for the day.

Raarg: yes you can rename your waraxe. it can be used one or two handed like a bastard sword.

zako the stock list is listed at the end of each day. it shows what people have.

man that last turn took me like 3 hours somehow,. I can tell because i watched like 3 episodes on hulu
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 12:23:28 pm by Hastur »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 26, 2011, 02:51:56 pm »

I like your doodle, Rask. It's very cute. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 26, 2011, 09:02:16 pm »

Heh, thats inspiring stuff. And also an effective trap, since why use a normal round boulder when I could make it a spiked boulder, which our alchemist could then cover with a paralyzing poison or something, so we have prisoners and slaves, as well as eliminating some of the opposition.

The problem is making a remote activation lever. To link that door with a lever with such a large distance between them will take time and also some good hard thinking. Maybe we should make some automated traps instead? Something like a leg clamp made from stone would be great!

What happens is thus: The adventurer (victim) steps on a stone tile in the floor, thinking that it is just a normal stone. Unfortunately for him, the stone quickly falls under his weight and hits a switch which causes two stone slabs on either side of this new hole to press in hard against the hero's (soon to be slave) leg, trapping him as well as letting off a signal for us to know that there is an intruder (slab of fresh meat), such as activating a magical message or signal which is recieved in the main lair.

What do you guys think?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 26, 2011, 10:10:48 pm »

I like it. Also remember that we've got the sprite for entangling vines, two mind breakers, and whatever the drider's venom does, along with whatever the alchemist concocts, I summon, or the necroghoul raises. So, we've certainly got some other options as far as traps and disabling go.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 26, 2011, 10:25:28 pm »

Were'nt there screaming vines or plants of some kind in the toad room? Those when modified to make a louder scream could make a nice alarm system when hidden underfoot or behind a door or something. We could connect them to a tripwire while they are in the main room, so we know something is coming from a long way away. Just needs a very thin thread of silk from the drider and some of those plants and we have a primitive alarm system!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 26, 2011, 10:31:01 pm »

SLY     my gm sense tells me that you think the trogs barricaded you, but it was mirran, read her turn, the top of the stairs are blocked now

Ah, oh well, it does not matter. I am wondering why she did that, but what ever.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 26, 2011, 10:34:03 pm »

Early defensive measures. Hopefully to help hold off any more heroes for a little while. BTW, can I have that shield you are using? I can use it better after all.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 27, 2011, 12:32:13 am »

Yeah, sure.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 04, 2011, 10:58:49 pm »

Heh, thats inspiring stuff. And also an effective trap, since why use a normal round boulder when I could make it a spiked boulder, which our alchemist could then cover with a paralyzing poison or something, so we have prisoners and slaves, as well as eliminating some of the opposition.

The problem is making a remote activation lever. To link that door with a lever with such a large distance between them will take time and also some good hard thinking. Maybe we should make some automated traps instead? Something like a leg clamp made from stone would be great!

What do you guys think?

I'd let you make a remote activation lever with a 2 mechanisms and a chain or rope                Oh hey im doing the turn now. my classes are done.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 05, 2011, 02:29:14 pm »

I would suggest using the healing wand for healing the wounded, unless recharging it costs more than healing dust ingredients (120)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 05, 2011, 02:56:39 pm »

Well.. Im guessing that recharging just takes time, which, is good.

It means that I can now be the healer.
Nice. But I am also looking to make that anti-mage stuff. Its kinda important, seeing as before how much power that mage had.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 05, 2011, 02:58:22 pm »

Its costs 240$ worth of effort to get a charge back on the wand. done with the enchanting skill

which is double a healing powder (in combat), but is up front.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 02:59:58 pm by Hastur »

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 05, 2011, 03:01:10 pm »

In that case, the healing dust is much more cost efficient. As for mages: I suppose handing everyone an acid or molotov potion to throw at the mages would work fairly well to discourage casting, too.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 05, 2011, 04:04:42 pm »

Resting makes you heal faster, yeah. More specifically, you make an endurance check or something each shift to see if you heal.

As far as maps go, dunno about the new areas, but assuming +1 stone = +1 space dug, the mining area should look vaguely like this now:

Spoiler: Dug Areas Map? (click to show/hide)

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 05, 2011, 04:07:24 pm »

Resting makes you heal faster, yeah. More specifically, you make an endurance check or something each shift to see if you heal.

As far as maps go, dunno about the new areas, but assuming +1 stone = +1 space dug, the mining area should look vaguely like this now:

Spoiler: Dug Areas Map? (click to show/hide)
yeah i've got the map done i just havent uploaded it and put the moods and stocks in.

Rask, yeah i forgot to add the training il edit that in. im trying to play my kinect here people!

EDIT: yeah so im polishing off day 10 and you guys are seriously low on food lol. Vampires have no blood, and there is no bats left for meat. I let them count as a blood unit and a meat unit, but they are harder to gather than digging up grubs or super-druid-farming.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 10:02:18 pm by Hastur »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 73