Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 73

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A  (Read 49264 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A
« Reply #495 on: June 05, 2011, 10:15:42 pm »

Hrm, didn't we have some people who were good at getting food? The Sprite had planted us some crops, I thought, and some other people were good at hunting I think.

Guess we could try blackmailing the trogs again...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 05, 2011, 10:16:36 pm »

Can I kill the trogs? Please?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 05, 2011, 10:18:45 pm »

I'd rather keep them as a terrified but savage tribe of servants. They're already thinking Sly might be a god, might as well run with it.

Besides, we'll get actual invaders again at some point.

EDIT: Question! Are summoned creatures "killed" for real or just banished?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 05, 2011, 10:22:35 pm »

Darn I wanted to kill all of them. Well can someone make me a bow (we may need to enchant it to make sure it doesn't break ) my size that is?

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 05, 2011, 10:24:00 pm »

Can I kill the trogs? Please?
you can try!

and yes some people were good at farming, the sprite namely, but it has not been farming, unless you start eating its sentient mutant plump helmets that it is using for research.
Oh and i have not defined SUMMONED creatures at all. if you are talking about demons gated in with your infernalism then they die for good.

EDIt: the bow in the stocks wont take advantage of your strength but it is still deadly on unarmoured targets. An armorer or woodworker can make you a bow

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 05, 2011, 10:24:59 pm »

Aw. My imp poofed into flame when it died, right?

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 05, 2011, 10:30:21 pm »

well ok then, demons have the UNNATURAL ability that sends them back when in negative their own quantity of hit points. But they can still die from one good shot. You can resummon the same imp

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 05, 2011, 10:32:12 pm »

That's awesome, but I was just asking if it left a corpse.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 05, 2011, 10:41:29 pm »

Well I quess I will have to begin to make a bow myself then. Also is it possible for me to summon a creature using the portal?

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 05, 2011, 10:44:21 pm »

there is no corpse.

Theoretically, you could conceivably summon a creature with the portal. But you dont know how. but you can try maybe you'll crit.

hey i forgot you have a corpse or two in the stocks, ima edit day 10 so the ghoul eats it

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 05, 2011, 10:51:54 pm »

Well now on to my next question what is alchemy, and what does it do? (Is it the Fullmetal Alchemist type of alchemy, or different?)

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 05, 2011, 10:57:23 pm »

it lets you choose from a list of items that you can craft using gatherable ingredients

edit: i like tthat everybody posts so fast and with little complaints. IM THE SLOW ONE.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 11:18:51 pm by Hastur »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 06, 2011, 12:08:28 am »

The map is a tile off from my digging plan; there's supposed to be two spaces between the wall and center pillar-thing.

On that note, we can make double doors that are two tiles wide, right?

And, does the material a bed is made of make a difference for different types of creatures? Would I be happier on a wooden bed?

Also, anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for digging? I'll probably have some space leftover from finishing the current design, so I could start doing all sorts of other things. I guess my personal quarters or something should come next, but I'll be sleeping in the common room for a while anyway.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 06, 2011, 01:47:15 am »

Well, for the blood problem, I could always nibble a bit on the residents before they go to bed and hand them half a healing dust if other blood sources run dry. 

Well now on to my next question what is alchemy, and what does it do? (Is it the Fullmetal Alchemist type of alchemy, or different?)

It's mixing potions and chemicals and stuff like that. Also includes regular cooking and brewing. I could imagine that it might also allow for the refining of rare substances, possibly also for transmuting one kind of metal into the other. Maybe even the creation of some sort of philosopher's stone (or other complicated apparatus) that automates the production process for a specific substance somewhat.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 06, 2011, 02:57:29 am »

MIRRAN: yes you can feed on person without killing them. They would take 3 damage and lose 3 endurance and you would be good for the day.
I don't know how fast endurance would come back, but spread out over all of us who have blood 3 damage shouldn't be too bad.

Trouble is, Raargh needs to eat also. We'd likely be looking at all of us needing to be cycled through for feeding, and would probably need to rest more than once a day without healing powder.

Also, it's occurred to me that we really are out of food. I could try milking the purring maggots and making the result into cheese, but would rather finish mining; on the other hand, I'm probably better suited attribute-wise to crafting, which milking and cheesemaking might fall under, so if someone would be willing to mine for me I could give it a shot.

Everyone else should strongly consider trying to acquire food in some fashion. My attempts at fishing ended badly, so I think I'll avoid that where possible.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 73