Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I put words in your mouth when discribing things happening?

No, i dont want to say somethign stupid
- 7 (10.8%)
Mostly no
- 6 (9.2%)
Silence means yes
- 7 (10.8%)
Only if appropriate
- 26 (40%)
Shure i dont mind
- 19 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 82

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG  (Read 88138 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The RPG
« Reply #960 on: March 07, 2012, 12:01:04 am »

Rush forward, hurl imp onto dwarf. Spitfire dwarf.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: April 08, 2012, 11:44:04 pm »

Invaders Turn 8

The Centaur cocks his rod back to crush Ragnars skull, but he was ready...
Ragnar has unlocked a new combat maneuver! the Stop-hit A.K.A. Attack on prepperation (if you hold your action to attack during the enemies attack, Then roll a quick contest of weapons skills, the winner strikes first, and the defender can only defend at a penalty.) Thrusting weapons and extremely light weapons(like a wand, epee, fist or straightrazor) have an easier time succeeding
     ...Ragnar rushes under the centaurs swing, but his formidable weapon skill has failed him, and the centaurs weapon cracks him in the back first, Ragnar, not even incovencienced by the pain, collides shields with the centaur. but it seems he is too massive for a critical moment before centaur offcenters and and is toppled by the low, stable and burly dwarf!

The muscled tattood goliath leaps back from the sprawling centaur before him, and sends a vengefull whip strike against Ragnar, He raises his shield and blocks, but the tip reaches past and cracks, rending dwarf flesh! A spray of blood splatters all nearby. Ragnar reels from his wounds and the world begins going dark, but the fury of his battlecry carries him on for at least another moment yet.

The Catperson bard flees back down the stairs dropping his drum to pat out the flames, it can be heard tumbling down into blackness and the stench of smoking cat permeates the air...

The enemy dwarf tinker fires a bolt from his repeating crossbow, the flames lick his backpack from his burning greatcoat... smoke stings his eyes but he sinks another bolt into Ahras stone hide.
"Celephas you mongrel coward! if i ever see you again I'll make your gutstrings into a harp! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGHH!"

Bad guys turn 9

The swarm of goombas impetuously charge the fallen centaur, a few of the most reckless ones dive in teethfirst, another one can be seen jumping up and down onto him.

Shigon approaches the enemy dwarf and hurls his firey imp, the imp spins through the air and cannonballs right into the dwarfs mining helmet, the only exposed part from behind his upright shield. The imp claws its way back to his feet and backhands the offending candle off the mining helmet. the helmet absorbs the imps fire aura damage.
Shigon fires his super spitfire and at the dwarf behind cover, but the shot strikes the edge of the shield.

Raargh bleeds out onto the ground still unconcious

Micelus oxidises the innanimate carbon rod some more, literally thousands of molecules at a time...

Bernard rushes after the bard and chases after him across the room, he is a couple of seconds behind, but bernard is not about to let somebody get away.

Mirran pulls another potion, and holds to ready to throw at a moments notice from around her corner.

Rahal the gargoyle spins, bristling with protruding bolts and makes it a few paces in order to be able to attack the centaur

[/i]
invaders turn 9

The centaur kicks off a goombah or two, and rolls over to a bit of a crouch, assuming as defensive a posture as he can from his vulnerable position. a goombah hangs by its teeth off his rump.

The Goliath alternates lashing with his other whip! Ragnar sees it coming as if in slow motion, but his shield arm is losing strength. He hears a squeal from his right, and a goombah heroically dives into the shot ment for him. The goombah is exploded like a waterfilled balloon and lands as wet paste. (Ragnar makes a sucessful will roll to function next turn, but at a staggering pace. he feels dizzy and his whole body throbs)

the Dwarf Tinker fires off a hasty shot at the gargoyle Rahal, but it only pierces his wing, for negligible damage. He lowers his crossbow and tries to paw off and shake the imp off his head violently. The imp latches onto a buckle but it breaks off and the imp goes careening away. it rolls back to its feet ready to attack!

bad guys turn 10...

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: April 09, 2012, 02:19:52 am »

((Oh cool, its alive again!))

Ragnar stumbles back, shield up and circles around to keep the centaur between him and that whip using bastard.

"Git the one with the whips! Focus on him!"

Back off out of range of the whip user, circle around to put the centaur between us and let out a battlecry before going into a full defensive position.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: April 09, 2012, 02:45:54 am »

This game is best zombie.

"Raargh needs help!" Shigon shouted. He wanted to attempt a last-ditch cauterization, but...

Super spitfire centaur. Shout encouragement to imp.

Did I ever give my imp a name? I think he might be named Brimstone, but I'm not at all certain.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: April 09, 2012, 02:54:19 am »

REPEAT!

Yeah, my guy's useless in combat.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: April 09, 2012, 03:25:41 am »

Miran darts out of cover and hurls her Molotov potion in the direction of the centaur, aiming it for the side further away from Ragnar. She doesn't want to accidentally fry her ally.

She hesitates and briefly eyes the floating skull. With a quick jerk, she rips off her ammo necklace, which still contains four unexploded potions, and - cautiously - puts them down beside her.  "Bite down on the thread and do a bombing run!" she whispers urgently and dashes forward, toward the goliath. The flickering light from the dancing flames fights with the darkstick-produced shadows concealing her as she moves forward with smooth steps, intent on jumping on his back and draining his blood.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: April 09, 2012, 05:06:02 am »

"Statement: Would you kindly knock it off with that crossbow, it ******* hurts, Dwarf"
I guess rahal needs help, body tackle the goliath fire fist first
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: April 09, 2012, 08:18:23 pm »

Fight through the pain, and lop the centaurs head off

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: April 11, 2012, 01:19:12 am »

Bad Guys Turn 10...

Ahra the gargoyle turns his back to the enemy dwarf and charges jumping over the centaur, dropping his axe and flying tackling the goliath, with no thought to his own defence. There is a punch in there somewhere. His fist misses wide, his skill too poor to pull off such a move this time,  and his flying tackle is dodged!, The goliath sidesteps and RaHAL just hits the wall. Rahals lack of relevant fighting skills shows.

Miran hurls her molotov potion through the air, it misses its intended target, 'cause between the goliaths sideways movement and Rahals tackle sending him far past... The potion explodes nearly atop Rahal, who is engulfed in flames, the Goliath beast-tamer is splashed at by flames, but he leaps aside, ending prone, but does not catch fire, his leg is burned but his leather apron keeps the damage to a minimum

Shigon superspitfires at the centaur huddling behind his shield. the centaur blocks and  a crater is burned into the shield and it catches fire for a moment.
Shigons imp, who is unnamed, circles the dwarf, who cocks his crossbow warily with its mechanism, The imp lunges forward into the dwarfs kick, but the imp ducks and grapples the dwarfs leg with both hands! The dwarfs armored coat sizzles, and leather peels away to reveal scale plates protecting him from the damage.

Ragnar backs away out of immediate swinging range, he can feel blood dribble out his back from the whip wound.

Kass Duskfur, the spear wielding catperson, advances into range, seeing a good opportunity to join the battle

Invaders Turn 10

The Centaur Squire gets back to his feet and thrashes free of a goombas grip, and turns his back to Rahal lying on the ground, He mule kicks Rahal with his horseshoes while he is down, striking him in the hip. Rahals leg gives out and shooting pain wracks his body as he falls back to the ground on fire. He cannot see from smoke, is in pain, on fire, and stunned.

The Goliath Beast-tamer gets up on one knee and starts twirling one of his whips

The Enemy dwarf tinker crossbow butts at the imp, who lets go and tries to leap back and away... but it  strikes him in the shoulder and crippling his arm with a downward thrust. The imp shrieks but only flares up in anger!

Bad guys turn 11
Rahal Recovers from stunn, he can act next round. he burns. he resists passing out to pain.

Miran sets some potions down for the floating skull, and pulls out a darkness potion.

Shigon fires at the centaur again! , but is blocked! the shield is 1/4th destroyed
The imp kicks at the enemy dwarfs foot! The dwarfs ankle is twisted! His boot is on fire!

Kass lunges forward, her spear at full extention and thrusts at the kneeling goliath. The goliath is stabbed in the chest, piercing his leather apron and snapping some ribs! He reels from his wounds and roars in defiance.

Ragnar looses blood pressure and faints.

Goombas redouble their efforts and swarm at the centaur despite a few losses. one gets a good bite in, the rest are parried or miss, mostly because they get in each others way.

Invaders Turn 11

Goliath stand up and whips at Kass, forsaking all defences for a single focused strike... Kass knows better than to try and parry a whip, and moves to duck under, but is lashed  savagely in the left arm, a cat-chunk flying free from her now crippled arm. She grits her teeth and resists the pain, choking up her spear to wield it one handed.

Centaur charges at shigon! 2 goombas are trampled! Shigon leaps aside! The centaur crashes shieldfirst into the stone bowl in front of the giant toad statue, The centaur turns to face everyone, his shield is 1/2 destroyed

Dwarf Tinker sweats profusely and points his repeating crossbow down at the imp, who flinches and cowers in expectation of its death. but his flaming foot and smoke in his eyes is too distracting, and  the only snap the imp hears is the bolt snapping on the dungeon floor , MISS!

Rahal claws his way out of the fire spilled out onto the ground, He resists passing out, he moves south towards the wooden ricketey bridge and away from danger.

Miran arms her darkness vial, pulling off the  cap and putting in the reactant, The zone is enveloped in darkness, hindering everyone but Kass and Miran, except those adjacent to something on fire. Miran takes a sneaky step or two towards the goliath (2 more seconds to get there unless he moves away)

Kass retreats into shadows behind her.

Shigon fires towards movement! A firey pulse of light illuminatesthe centaur, Shigon inhales for another blow
The imp punches the enemy dwarf tinker in the shin! but the dwarf lifts his leg.

Goombas attack the centaur! in a gnashing flurry of teeth! One goomba goes down to freindly fire in the dark!

Bernard the enchanter has run down the steps and reached bottom, he hears a jingle jangle and padded footsteps in the dark growing fainter, and finds a ruined drum lying in a heap at the bottom of the stairs. he persues for now...

What sorcery is this!? Fighting withdrawal! Give us a flare Oddom!Goliaths eyes dart to and fro as his readied whips twirl overhead, He retreats back, limping backward as fast as mirran sneaks towards him, although she could make a dash for it.

Centaur runs over beside his dwarven ally, stepping on the imp unawares from behind. the imps mangled body smears the dungeon floor. Now nothing but a smouldering boot dimly illuminates the Invaders.

The dwarf fiddles with his gear, out of sight.

Bad guys turn
Kass twirls and underhand grips her spear to be thrown, aiming it over her shoulder in a dramatic pose.

Bernard sees a moving glow of light ahead, reflecting his way off the dark stone walls through these twisty rough hewn corridors. does he continue or turn back? He figures the catperson he persues has light magic, perhaps a vial of elendil or the like.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: April 11, 2012, 02:48:07 am »

Miran doesn't like the talk about a flare, and decides to lunge forward and dig her fangs into the goliath's neck while it's still dark. Besides, she has to hurry up if she wants to use his corpse to smother the flames rising from Rahal.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 07:51:39 am by Rask »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: April 11, 2012, 04:37:04 am »

Roar in fury, attempt to tackle an enemy to the ground.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: April 11, 2012, 05:12:18 am »

can i come in :)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
you need a good smith to work that shiny new forge my plan for fights is grab the great bow and fire away no people getting away because of slow footsloogers
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 05:20:14 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: April 11, 2012, 07:23:21 am »

((Ragnar the dwarf is not on fire, Rahal is however. Ragnar is just bleeding out from that damn whip.))

Revive and bind my wounds as best I can.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: April 11, 2012, 07:29:20 am »

"Statement, i could be in a lot less pain right now"
Check what damage i have been sustained
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: April 11, 2012, 10:19:15 pm »

Ptw.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 82