Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 53

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia - The treasure awaits! [Game over!]  (Read 112665 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - The Hall of the Gold Dragon King [Day 1]
« Reply #150 on: February 27, 2011, 09:24:29 pm »

ITT, noobs claiming D1 for no reason. We might as well MC. It might actually help slightly.
Yeah no. MC, on day 1 man? Yeah, thats all fine and dandy until the idiot scum with the Genocide scroll comes in.
Yeah.

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 27, 2011, 09:26:45 pm »

welp we will be down a priest...

Big whoop...

For all we know he might be scum...
Armok knows he's due for a scumming  ::)

It'll suck if he flips town though...

super don't replace...
Please?

All we have are tanks and a bard  :'(
That was my answer to what would happen if super got modkilled...
We have nothing to gain from super being killed.

Super said he wouldn't quit when toaster asked him before letting him join, and it wouldn't result in a day end if he gets mod killed, since he day kills are possible...

Him getting mod killed is quite bad...
I actually don't want him to resigning himself to quiting the game really but if thats how its going to be then so goes it.

When I said all we have are Tanks and a bard i was saying that.... um...
I don't really know what I was saying...
I wasn't rolefishing...

My class might not be innocent either...
all classes can be either alignment...

i don't want him to get modkilled really I was just observing what he said he was going to do and isn't doing it now...

Welp, I did a $!#%y play again :(

to org
What if its an idiot town who gets the genocide scroll?
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 27, 2011, 09:36:24 pm »

Maybe less deaths, same result.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 27, 2011, 10:28:11 pm »

You know what Janus, I'm not even going to bother diving into that line of questioning. It's REALLY not worth it. There are far better things to ask you about if I care, which I happen to. I'm not asking for a response or anything, but if I did go into it, I'd drill you into what exactly made you change your mind about Org uselessness. The reason I don't want to go into it is simply that the actual question is beyond useless to me. It would just be a way out of RVS eventually. The thing is, anything at all will work, so I might as well ask about something else.

An MC of classes would be crazy unhelpful. In fact, if we MC before lylo, I'd argue that we should specifically not claim classes and only claim items. And even then, I'd be fine with bards lying about having a second item, as long as they do what they say they're gonna do. The only reason to MC is so we can plan out what we do each night with maximum efficiency. For instance, we'd know who's inspecting tonight. That's good, we'll know how many protections we have and who needs protecting. We should then be able to protect every inspector, guaranteeing they all hit tomorrow and give their inspection instead of taking the information to their grave. Extras can then randomly guard other guarders. If we don't have enough, well, at least the protectors can randomly protect and that should hopefully drive the scum away from killing any of them. All the roleblockers will know who not to roleblock. All the killers know who not to kill. These are all just examples, by the way. There's so many items that we'll be able to plan it all out.

On that note, I'm actually thinking just letting everything happen randomly might be good for the test game. I still want to try a D1 MC in some game just to see how helpful it is, though.

ITT, noobs claiming D1 for no reason. We might as well MC. It might actually help slightly.
Yeah no. MC, on day 1 man? Yeah, thats all fine and dandy until the idiot scum with the Genocide scroll comes in.
Yeah.

Let's take the worst case scenario and disregard all other possibilities.

Actually, I'd argue that scum facing a scum ?oGenocide would be game over because all they have to do is wait til MC and bust it out the next night if the player with the scroll is still alive. If they feel particularly frisky, they can use it the night before MC and still have a great shot at instant victory if they can just pick a class at least one townie has. Early MC does exacerbate the problem, but it's not like there's no problems without an early MC. I'd argue the good an early MC does would outweight the risk of any late-game cheese, because the cheese is dangerous with or without MC.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 27, 2011, 10:29:44 pm »

Understandable I guess.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 27, 2011, 10:37:40 pm »

IronyOwl, your say I want to drop the converation. That is not entirely true. I think the conversation has become more of a circular logic ridden line of conversation yes but I am still think you are suspicious for what you said. Also I do not contradict myself.
It's circular logic ridden because you're using circular logic. This is not an excuse to lose interest.

Regardless, I say you want to drop it because you're refusing to address it. If you don't quite want to drop it, why are you ignoring it?

The first reason you put does make it look so but that is because it is not actually part of my reason to vote for you now. I just needed a reason to vote for the first person who voted. As for reason 2 and 3 they do not contradict themselves.
This seems remarkably convenient. You vote someone for something they didn't actually do, then they do it, allowing you to leave your vote and continue your exact same sentiment but with actual reasons now? How often does that happen?

You say that you are quick to assign blame where blame is due in response to me saying you are quick to blame someone. As in I said that you blamed someone and you responded that you assign blame where blame is due.
Trouble is, as you note here, the response is only as firm as the initial statement. You'd have to admit that your initial, reasonless statement of "you blame someone" was serious and specific in order to take my response of "I put blame where blame is due" as likewise. If you'd just been poking me to see what happened, you wouldn't have been so certain.

Also, I really don't know about MCing items. I'm less than convinced we'd have enough firepower to outweigh the benefits scum would get from being organized and in the know.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #156 on: February 27, 2011, 11:07:13 pm »

What I said to start was not baseless, it was exactly true. You did in fact vote for Supercharazad only 6 minutes and 56 seconds after day 1 began. For the other stuff, I truly did believe that you where blaming Supercharazad for something and it was likely something like uselessness or lurking from another game.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 27, 2011, 11:18:23 pm »

Don't take this the wrong way or anything, but Akhier, your strange line breakage was actually starting to grow on me. Now your posts seem... ugly. That has more to do with your lack of returns, though. I'm also not posting from a phone.

Oh, So theres your question....
didn't see it...Had to read in a panic and overlooked it, since I didn't expect the game to start so soon...
It wasn't bold'ed either >.>

Items will have a very big effect on the game,Thats a given of course!
even if we were to find out who has what today with a 100% assurance that can always change the next day...

Now as for why I asked book for a recap, I Think that bit of flavor he gave at the start of the day.
Was a bit peculiar, and I wanted to see it some more...

I'm going to re read the posts now...

What's with all the ellipses? They make you sound unsure about what you're sounding. At worst, they make you sound passive and scummy. Be more confident. Are you sure of what you're saying or not?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 27, 2011, 11:29:29 pm »

Ima sorry, I can't stop Ellipsising!

Ima get it out of my system.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There

oh damn I used all of my periods|
well Mr Person
The next day roles by,someone gets a solar flare scroll,
what Should they do with it if they are town?
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 28, 2011, 02:53:52 am »

You did in fact vote for Supercharazad only 6 minutes and 56 seconds after day 1 began.
Uh, dude, you do know that's what you do in RVS? Vote random people? Irony just was there at the right place and the right time when the game began.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 28, 2011, 03:00:36 am »

What I said to start was not baseless, it was exactly true. You did in fact vote for Supercharazad only 6 minutes and 56 seconds after day 1 began. For the other stuff, I truly did believe that you where blaming Supercharazad for something and it was likely something like uselessness or lurking from another game.
You've yet to explain how this means I'm "blaming" him of anything. I'm especially curious as to what the exact timing has to do with anything- would it have been less suspicious if I'd waited half an hour after the game had started?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 28, 2011, 03:54:09 am »

Supercharazad, If you really want to be replaced then WHY did you post your role. You are acting like a spoiled child.

I like to cause stuff like this, it's just how I am. For all you guys know, I could really be a guy with a useless item that wouldn't help anyways.

Or I could be the guy causing random drama.

Or I could actually be a priest.

As Darvi said, you do know what Red Vote Staging is, right?

I don't see any harm on  Claiming Bard.

All I gotz is one shot items :(

That's why you DON'T CLAIM.
You should claim GOOD roles.

SaintDraze: You are claiming a bad role to disguise yourself, arn't you? What are you trying to hide? Are you really a thief, getting ready to steal my protect-o wand?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 28, 2011, 08:53:35 am »

Vote Count:
Darvi: Zrk2
Mr.Person: Book
Org:
Tyberix: Supercharazad, Mr.Person
Akhier the Dragon hearted: IronyOwl
Ottofar:
SaintDraze: Tyberix, Darvi, Painiac
JanusTwoface:
Supercharazad:
Book: 
IronyOwl: Akhier the Dragon hearted
Painiac:
Zrk2:

Not Voting: Ottofar, SaintDraze, JanusTwoface, Org

Day 1 will last until 11 PM EST, Wednesday 3/2.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #163 on: February 28, 2011, 09:35:23 am »

You've yet to explain how this means I'm "blaming" him of anything. I'm especially curious as to what the exact timing has to do with anything- would it have been less suspicious if I'd waited half an hour after the game had started?
   I told you, I had said you where quick to blame and you responded that you where "quick to assign blame where blame is due". If you assign blame where blame is due and what I asked you is why you where quick to assign blame that to me equals you thinking blame being due to Supercharazad.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 28, 2011, 09:55:07 am »

I told you, I had said you where quick to blame and you responded that you where "quick to assign blame where blame is due". If you assign blame where blame is due and what I asked you is why you where quick to assign blame that to me equals you thinking blame being due to Supercharazad.

Wha'?

That's pretty confusing, TBH.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 53