Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199449 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 103 (In which donations are profitable)
« Reply #2430 on: June 27, 2011, 02:27:07 am »

Indeed. ^^; I'm going to try to recap everything in this post.

So, yeah. No Super Saint. This isn't Final Fantasy 7. >.> (You all know what materia combination I'm talking about.)

Will add that skill, Krath.

Unfortunately, Irony, I'm going to have to say yes. >:3 You'd better keep Wymar alive no matter what, since that's merely how powerful he is in life. Like Marcus and Malakai's about to be, he's going to be even stronger when he's on team Evil.

If you're in the game and ask for a waitlist you get put on the waitlist's waitlist, although Talarion would be of a slightly lower priority than everyone else since he's on his second character whereas, say, Ahra is still rolling with his first. ^^; WWs only get moved to the actual waitlist once their character's dead.

Also, Tal, you're forgetting you have that Blue Amulet which is going to be extremely useful against Malakai. Almost all of his attacks will be magic and you have a 25% chance to power through all of them. The two people with the worst chances are Wymar (since he's specifically specced for damage over survivability) and Greenmoore (since he has the next lowest HP and Dwarmin's determined to kill him off during play :P).

Updating skill Zako.

Finally, is that all the actions? I kinda got confused.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 02:35:13 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: June 27, 2011, 02:31:50 am »

Sometimes, offense is the best defense, especially if I can blackmail the rest of the group to keep me alive.

Yeah, even if my character's a nice guy I'm a massive jerk.

Also, how about, when I get reduced to 0 HP, I still have a round left to action? So I can still cast a spell in retaliation or something.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: June 27, 2011, 02:34:31 am »

Will resisting Malakai's attacks use Defense or Movement?

And that's... probably all of the actions from people who wanted to action (I can't think of what I want to buy, so I'll buy nothing for now). It's hard to tell. :-\
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: June 27, 2011, 02:36:15 am »

I dunno. I was going to use Movement against magic but Ahra didn't like the change, and no one else expressed an opinion. :-\
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: June 27, 2011, 02:40:07 am »

Wha? I didn't notice anything of the sort or I'd have heavily approved for it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: June 27, 2011, 02:41:11 am »

That was awhile back. Twenty, thirty pages maybe? I dunno, it was when I first started talking about expanding combat.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: June 27, 2011, 02:42:52 am »

Ah well. I'm all offense now so I'll just enjoy the fact that the enemies won't get to evade my magical onslaught.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: June 27, 2011, 02:52:53 am »

Well, Ahra's obviously rather biased. :P

I like it, naturally, but I'm arguably even more biased. >_> Or at least, I like Movement being used for nonstandard effects, like being grabbed or entangled.

I think one of the major issues, and likely the root of Ahra's complaint, can be seen by imagining a falling chandelier. Obviously, you'd use Movement to get out of the way- but it's also easy to imagine a guy in full plate and carrying a massive shield would be less injured by it landing on him. There's no good way to synch up (all possible versions of) flavor, balance, and simplicity.

That said, balance and simplicity should generally win out.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: June 27, 2011, 02:56:40 am »

Also, Tal, you're forgetting you have that Blue Amulet which is going to be extremely useful against Malakai. Almost all of his attacks will be magic and you have a 25% chance to power through all of them. The two people with the worst chances are Wymar (since he's specifically specced for damage over survivability) and Greenmoore (since he has the next lowest HP and Dwarmin's determined to kill him off during play :P).
Good point. Nonetheless, I already have my next character written up. Mainly because I was bored >.>
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: June 27, 2011, 02:58:26 am »

I think I said special attacks, which I guess would be the called/aimed shots, disarms, trips, bull charges, grapples, dismemberment, eye gouging, moving to a flanking position, power attacks, etc, and just leave defense for the standard melee, ranged, and magic attacks.

PreEdit: You ninjas. >.> Also, really? Huh.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: June 27, 2011, 03:01:52 am »

So, who are we waiting on to run the turn?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: June 27, 2011, 03:03:59 am »

We're waiting on meh to go get some caffè, most likely. :P That and figure out what's going on in the flurry of OOC. ^^;

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: June 27, 2011, 03:05:50 am »

Mmk. Well, I'll stop derping like Darvi then, and let you get to it.

What more do you need?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: June 27, 2011, 03:05:57 am »

Well Greenmore was about to dream about ham, I was going to figure out how to use holy fire, and Claire is about to get overwhelmed by information from our incredibly intelligent mages.

E: we were derping?

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: June 27, 2011, 03:07:23 am »

You always derp, Darvi. I on the other hand was being a derplurker.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 288