Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199429 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 104 (In which our heroes begin their approach)
« Reply #2460 on: June 27, 2011, 08:30:00 am »

Jonas nodded. "I, too, have seen many of my allies in the ground. Some were my friends. One a lover." Greenmoore had been there, at the last stand of the Mistbridge order before the dissolution. "It was about a decade ago. Desmond," he indicated the friar, "Sigurdson, Archibald, Amelie, Bartholomew, Guinevere, Teller, Jamison, Antonio, Devon, Laura, and myself. We tried to defend a small town on the border of Scotland." Jonas looked down with a sigh. "Word came that the monastery had been destroyed, our brothers and sisters scattered to the winds. Morale broke, and the werewolves struck."

He shook his head. "Of the twelve of us, only four survived. Myself and Desmond, of course, and Amelie and Sigurdson. The four of us argued, and eventually we split, with Sigurdson and Desmond going one way, and Amelie and myself another. We traveled together for many years, her and I, doing what we could for the simple folk of the world. But, as always, there was no rest for us. We settled down to raise our twin sons, but we were unaware the town we were in was home to a warlock. In the night he destroyed the village, and everyone in it, in an unholy ritual." He placed a hand to his face and took a deep breath.

"That is who I've been tracking this last year. I suspect your mentor is the creature I was thinking of as the guardian of the caves. If so, he is a creation of the man I chase, Berkeley." Weaver smiled grimly. "Another life to put on his head. The death of your mentor and the magician who traveled with the others in the caves." He put a hand on Zathyran's shoulder. "If you don't have faith, you at least have vengeance. We will find and kill this man."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: June 27, 2011, 08:45:41 am »

"Sounds like trouble to me. A powerful foe, a warlock, or so I have heard. What kind of magic does he use? What do you think he can be capable of? Do you think he may be in cahoots with dracula, if it is indeed he that we face?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: June 27, 2011, 08:52:33 am »

"Time," Jonas said. "I do not know how he managed it but I am certain Berkeley has somehow learned how to control time. He is capable of many things, Daniel." The monk looked over at him. "And I believe that he is the one behind Dracula's appearance. The legend is old but if I had to guess I would say it was during the fifth century, a man named Belmont sealed Dracula away, supposedly for eternity. The legend says he died of the wounds Dracula inflicted on him, a curse sapping his strength. Our order was formed by his followers to uphold the peace he had created." He looked towards the castle. "Berkeley could have gone back to that moment and saved Dracula just before the killing blow, bringing him to this time, the twelfth century. And what better time? People are losing faith all over. The church is failing."

Jonas spoke bitterly. "I believe Berkeley to be capable of just about anything."
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 08:54:10 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: June 27, 2011, 09:23:13 am »

"The powers of time and space in the hands of a madman...an unsettling concept.

I am glad to hear that, if only for a short time, you were at peace Jonas. I am sorry to hear of Amelie's fate...she was, in many ways, the strongest of us, even if the more conservative priests were biased against her for being a woman.

And, if you ever wondered the fate of Sigurdson... He lept into the maw a Giant Kraken we were fighting in the Aegean Sea about a year ago, but not before lighting the two barrels of exploding black powder strapped to his back. As most of us had expected, he died laughing, with a rather large explosion and rain of monster parts."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: June 27, 2011, 09:35:05 am »

Despite himself, Jonas smiled. "That sounds about like him," he said. "He always said that when he died he wouldn't go alone." He looked up ahead as the group walked along. "Well, whatever your motivation for continuing onwards, don't let it waver."

Let's see, I believe Krath, Irony, and Darvi haven't posted, but on the other hand this isn't really an urgent situation requiring them to skate or die. Run turn?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: June 27, 2011, 09:46:15 am »

Aye! Aye! Aye! Aye!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: June 27, 2011, 10:02:48 am »

EVERYONE

Talking among themselves, the party advanced down the trail. (MAR: 7) But as they went, they suddenly found themselves under assault from all sides! Hands, both rotting and skeletal with the skeletal ones holding wooden boomerangs, began emerging from the ground, and three purple-skinned demons dived down from the sky. The fight was on!

(Enemy party: 4 Skelerangs, 4 Zombies, and 3 Gaibon.)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 105 (In which it's a monster party)
« Reply #2467 on: June 27, 2011, 10:22:37 am »

"Undead are no problem for us, right Jonas?"

Blessed Holy water on skelerangs one and two!
Auto consume 1 heart after attack (if possible)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 10:25:06 am by Dwarmin »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: June 27, 2011, 10:23:45 am »

OH SNAP!

ITS A TRAP!

"Watch out! They are all around us!! 'Tis an ambush! Fight for your lives!!" Unleash the powah of my new cross on the 3 Gaibon's!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: June 27, 2011, 10:24:31 am »

lol first triple attack. Achievement worthy!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: June 27, 2011, 10:26:27 am »

Hells yeah! And since demons are ALIVE (unholy, yes, but alive) then I get my attack bonus on ALL OF THEM!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: June 27, 2011, 10:55:12 am »

"I've always been better with living foes," Jonas replied, drawing his combat cross and squeezing the handle, causing the chain to come loose. He whirled it around his head, then lashed the bladed chain at the first Zombie.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: June 27, 2011, 11:09:39 am »

"i sure as hell hope this thing does what it says on the tin"
bring down my new nifty warhammer on the 3rd skelerang
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: June 27, 2011, 11:42:40 am »

Slash zombies!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: June 28, 2011, 12:23:55 am »

Be careful my brothers, don't let these foul monstrosties get the better of you! *encourage everyone and attack the 4 zombies with whip*
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 288