Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199433 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 103 (In which donations are profitable)
« Reply #2445 on: June 27, 2011, 03:08:27 am »

Was adding additional weapon damage types officially in? How much did it cost? Is there any limit to it? Why am I asking so many questions when I also want a turn?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: June 27, 2011, 03:15:38 am »

Yes; two bags o' gold, which you have - but keep in mind it counts as an upgrade; I 'unno.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: June 27, 2011, 03:43:36 am »

Curses. I'll stick with the gold for now, then.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: June 27, 2011, 04:56:36 am »

Turn for turn Dwarmin. No backing out!

CLAIRE & ZATHYRAN

Zathyran, overhearing Claire and Jonas's conversation, indicated he might have the answer to her question and pulled out his FAQ/Walkthrough/Strategy Guide grimoire. (5, Minor Success) Marcus's notes were mainly about how to dispatch the fishmen, but after searching through the pages carefully he found a bit that pertained to what Claire wanted. "It looks like fishmen really like gemstones, zircons in particular," he said, showing her the entry. Well. That would be useful knowledge!

WYMAR SANE

The gypsy settled down in a pew to get comfortable with his new book and study it. (6, a little progress is made) It would take more study, but he was definitely learning how to combine Fire and Light. Bored of the books for now, he closed them and got out his tarot cards. (And personally I'm hoping Wymar at least makes it through the next battle so I can give him an evo pertaining to tarot. :3 Anyway, 6.) After a bit of thought, he chose the Palladini deck in the Shadowed Truth spread and laid out the cards. For the significator, he chose the Page of Swords.

The first card in the center, representing the client's attitude towards the question - in this case Claire, since she had asked, with the question being "What lies ahead?" - was the Page of Pentacles. It meant the supplicant was looking for material gain. That sounded about right. Next was the card to the east, representing the underlying thoughts and feelings of the client. It was the Three of Swords, representing sorrow since it was reversed. It indicated her attitude was in reaction to a previous hardship; losing her crew perhaps? It also meant she should keep her head up and stay positive; negative emotions would lead her to her doom.

The northern card, representing how Claire's attitude was evolving, was the Knight of Pentacles. It represented earth behaving as fire, like molten magma; slow to action, but decisive and unrelenting once started, a force of nature as predictable as it was unstoppable. It represented duty, honor, and the will to change the world through unstoppable determination. Fourth up was the card to the west, representing how other perceived Claire. It was the reversed Eight of Swords, indicating Interference. In summary, it meant she needed to move on from the past. Again, was it referring to her crew? How odd. Last was the southern card, representing the shadow of Claire's psyche, the part of herself she denied. It was Strength in reverse, meaning she felt she would be unable to overcome the obstacles in her future, that she wouldn't be prepared for them.

Wymar gathered his cards and thought about how to interpret the reading. It boiled down to that the road ahead would be hard and frightening, but if they had the courage to stick with it and hold out to the end they would change the world and get a lot of loot in the bargain. So... tough enemies then? Hmm....

PIERRE Dé GRASSE

Pierre strolled back up to the altar and plunked down his old armor and rapier. He wasn't needing those any more! They vanished, and the tears and scrapes along his armor that the party had inflicted when fighting the demon mended themselves, bringing the plate mail back to full strength! He also grabbed a bottle of consecrated wine while he was there, just because. (Pierre gets Consecrated Wine! It's holy. :3)

FRIAR GREENMOORE

Greenmoore went to the bunks and laid down. (5) He dreamed about ham. It was kind of watery though and really wasn't that good. :\ At least it was ham.

EVERYONE

Naptime. Everyone found a bunk and caught some z's.

----------------------

The next day dawned cold and gray. When everyone awoke, they found themselves in the ruins of an old church, the roof partially torn off and exposing the main room to the wind and the weather. The pews were scattered around in various states of disrepair, and parchment scraps covered the floor in small piles. Weaver was already up and cooking something in a cauldron. "Good morning," he said as they shuffled in. "It looks like Sister Winstead, and indeed the church itself, was a ghost." He didn't seem too surprised by it. "In any case we'll be safe here for the moment. Here, eat up. It's the best I could manage in the circumstances."

After a breakfast of watery ham and onion stew, all nine members of the party set out on the path leading out of the ruined village. "There it is," Jonas said, indicating the distant structure with his pistol. "The dark lord's abode. We should be there by afternoon, if the fighting isn't too heavy. I'll come with you part of the way, but I'll be going my own path soon. If the gates are locked I'll need to open them for the rest of you."

(MAR: 3) They proceeded down the path, unharmed for the moment.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 104 (In which our heroes begin their approach)
« Reply #2449 on: June 27, 2011, 05:06:08 am »

Proceed onwards! The dark forces of evil shall not stand in our way!

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: June 27, 2011, 05:36:29 am »

Proceed onward, not letting any dark forces stand in my way!
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: June 27, 2011, 06:03:05 am »

Zathyran moved forward, gravitating to the Slovakian Nobleman. "Your name was.. Frenz, correct? Nice to meet you. My name is Zathyran Firsankh..." It was never a good thing to not talk.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: June 27, 2011, 06:09:11 am »

Hmm, yes, my name is frenz, im trying to kill this dracula for fame and fortune. it is good to meet you....
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: June 27, 2011, 06:36:55 am »

"You seem like a strong man. You seek to kill Dracula? In that, I wish you luck. I hope I'm there to see it, but to me it seems... Unlikely. This path has already taken my mentor; it lowers my confidence, to be honest with you." Zathyran looks to the side a bit, looking over his new companions.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: June 27, 2011, 07:33:47 am »

onwards
"i hope theres not any goddamn undergrounds passages this time, and for gods sake dont talk like that you´ll bring bad luck."
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: June 27, 2011, 07:43:37 am »

"Luck, Sir Knight, has nothing to do with it. I doubt my own skill to survive, for if the man who taught me everything I know, yet not everything he knew, fell... Then I find it hard to envision success where he failed. That is my personal opinion, and I apologize if it offends you." Zathyran sighed, bringing his hand to his neck, hidden by his cloak, to touch the amulet he was given. This amulet, the grimoire and the sword at his side were the only things left of Marcus now. As much as Zathyran talked pessimistically, his soul and will were both as restless and bright as the elecricity he wielded. He had been tasked to assist these people... So he would assist with all his being, in any way possible.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: June 27, 2011, 07:51:21 am »

Friar Greenmoore replied thoughtfully

Have no hope for yourself, Zathyran. Hope for the world we intend to save.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: June 27, 2011, 07:57:09 am »

Zathyran nods uncertainly at the friars words, bringing forth the tome from within his robes, searching through it for information on the castle, and anything pertaining to it that may help the group.

Yay for useful action!

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: June 27, 2011, 08:07:00 am »

"Dracula?" Jonas said. He considered the possibility. "I would say that the lord of the night is just a myth, but given everything I've encountered so far myself you may be on to something." He crossed himself, just in case. "We may be in real trouble then." He looked over at Greenmoore. They knew many of the same stories and legends, passed down in the monastery from one generation to the next. "They say his castle is chaos incarnate, a manifestation of some abomination beyond mortal ken, and that the layout inside changes every time it is entered. They say he has the power to corrupt and control souls of demons and mortals alike."

Jonas ran a hand through his salt-and-pepper hair. "I'll be honest with you. Not all of us will make it if our opponent truly is Dracula. I've already accepted my death, but that doesn't mean I have to give up without a fight. Unless you want to condemn the world to a slow decline you'll fight on as well. The lord of the night will never win as long as one man stands against him." That was what Jonas believed; it was why he was still traveling onwards despite everything that had happened to him over the past year. "The power of faith is a great thing, Zathyran. Don't underestimate it."

He turned to Greenmoore. "All the same, brother, this may be our chance. Our order has fought so long to cleanse the world of his kind, and defeating Dracula himself will be a great victory for us."

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: June 27, 2011, 08:12:42 am »

Zathyran smiled sadly. "Aye, faith is a powerful thing. Useless when broken, however. I was a simple peasant, then my mentor came. I placed my faith in him; He was my power. He taught me... I thought him untouchable. Not even a day ago I saw him dead. Not more than a day ago I laid him to rest, for the greater good. Today is not a good day to talk about faith to me..." He paused, to reign in his sorrow. "But you are right. We must never waver lest the goodness in us all falls prey to the night."

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 288