Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526594 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Getting punched out by an imaginary tropical waitress
« Reply #7470 on: September 14, 2012, 12:16:37 am »

When there isn't much things to rig up and such :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7471 on: September 14, 2012, 12:30:54 am »

Dom headed into the bathroom - if that's what it was - with the intention of checking for survivors or, much more likely as it was probable the door had been locked for a year, bodies. If bodies were found, she planned to look for usable loot; afterward or if nothing was found, she'd take a moment to wash her hands and face.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7472 on: September 14, 2012, 12:36:59 am »

When there isn't much things to rig up and such :P

Honest to God I expected you to go the Darths and Droids route and start stealing parts off the doors, the holo-emitters, the wallscreens, deadhead's brains, the stasis tanks, that little modeling station I mentioned way way back, the memory foam carpet (also way back) and pretty much everything that I didn't explicitly say "Strangely, this single object forms an integral part of the area's structure. It's removal, while seemingly inconsequential, would cause the room to collapse in on you."
I mean, for Frith's sake, you filled Saun's old helmet with ants. (which are now probably dead ants.)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 12:38:30 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7473 on: September 14, 2012, 12:45:00 am »

Hey powder, just an idea here for your fight. Maybe you should stick to your character's strengths instead of trying to do difficult mental abilities?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7474 on: September 14, 2012, 04:01:30 am »

Mop up the resistance aka charge and stab, thanks for the advice Zako :D
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7475 on: September 14, 2012, 05:49:41 pm »

Hey powder, just an idea here for your fight. Maybe you should stick to your character's strengths instead of trying to do difficult mental abilities?
I actually get a bonus to will due to being a scanner, and trying to charge places hasn't been working out well so far. (The enemy has shown the ability to put the area into stasis after all, and powerful melee attacks)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7476 on: September 14, 2012, 06:55:58 pm »

I actually get a bonus to will due to being a scanner, and trying to charge places hasn't been working out well so far. (The enemy has shown the ability to put the area into stasis after all, and powerful melee attacks)

Your melee attacks are the exact same power, she/it just got a great brawl roll and a crit. As to your will bonus, you get a +1 to your will stat, not to will rolls. As a scanner you're a walking lie detector, not a font of willpower.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7477 on: September 14, 2012, 06:57:58 pm »

...Ah. Nevertheless, I'm making a gun and healing or else I'm gonna die.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7478 on: September 14, 2012, 09:01:22 pm »

Tarran Smith

"Hey, Taric, come down here, I got a job for you!"

Wait for Taric. See if I can't find anything else interesting around where I am, without walking too far from the door.

You call Taric away from Dominique as soon as he's done working on her project. Hopefully his technical expertise will be able to open this door as well and let you follow the trail. It might be a cold trail, but since Ash's team commandeered the last elevator that wasn't filled with very angry men in angrier armor, it's the only one you've got.
     [Observation 2] You examine the room around you while you wait for Taric to stroll your way, but this lowest level seems to be the most barren as well as the most undisturbed.

---

Taric Sizier

Quote from: A Sic Ritzier
Help poor Tarran, because he couldn't tie his shoes without tech-support

You trudge back down the stairs to Tarran. Every inch of posture proclaims that you are a martyr to your profession, a brilliant man surrounded by helpless fools who get confused by calculators and toilet seats. [Mech 2+1-2] Well, er... Now that you've gotten a look at his problem, you think he might not be quite that much of a fool... This one lacks the thumbnail sensor that Dom's door possessed, and thus it lacks a viable route through the metal.
   Maybe the simple approach would be best here.
   "So...?" Tarran asks from behind you.
   "It's a door. It is closed," you reply, acting out each sentence to help Tarran understand. "Hit it with something heavy. Repeat until door is not closed."
---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom headed into the bathroom - if that's what it was - with the intention of checking for survivors or, much more likely as it was probable the door had been locked for a year, bodies. If bodies were found, she planned to look for usable loot; afterward or if nothing was found, she'd take a moment to wash her hands and face.

You enter the formerly locked door cautiously, pausing briefly inside to consider another pair of doors. One is inscribed with the physical version of the holographic male character on the outer door, the other is inscribed with the female. You pick the women's first, mostly for convention's sake.
   [Observation 5] [Luck 5] There are dead bodies in here, but in a turn of events from the main restaurant, these are of the skeletally emaciated variety that you found in the gardens and in the chapel. Their manner of death, while probably horrible and long lasting compared to the other late denizen's of the restaurant, does mean that nothing had a chance to pick the bodies over.

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

---

Aaron White

Mop up the resistance

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Henry moves to Cale's aid first, firing off another round at the remaining deadhead's cranium. [3+1-2] It misses, but not by much.
   With his ammo running low, Cale picks the more economical offensive option; chop its head off with his combat blade. [Melee 4+1-2 Vs dodge 3] [Luck 3] The crudely fashioned blade just barely misses the deadhead's throat, cutting the air a half inch away as the deadhead executes a surprising amount of self-preservation and dodges.
   Meanwhile, [Dex 4] you pull yourself to your feet and manage to catapult yourself into a wobbly charge at the deadhead's flank. [Melee 4+1 Vs Dodge 3] [Brawl 4] The bone spike serves you almost as well as your lost knife, punching a neat hole in the side of the clone's armor. It isn't exactly a fatal wound, but it's certainly a start. (Deadhead 4 armor -4, Hp -22)
   The deadhead whips its club sideways, switching its target to the one who's actually hurting it. [Melee 3 Vs Dodge 4] You duck the club and beat a short retreat, far enough to get out of its reach, but not so far that you can't step in and get a decent stab forwards.

---

James Evan

James stumbled backwards, and tried to will forth an ORS, and then one of the shotguns he was familiar with. ...Things weren't looking too good, he had to admit.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

[Luck 1] The fight occupies most of your attention, but the familiar jet black tendrils spreading across the sky capture a decent portion of your attention. You can see out of the figment, into the seemingly endless darkness behind it. It doesn't seethe, it doesn't roil malevolently, it just spreads. The half-sphere of sky above your head feels like an eggshell, a cracking eggshell that happens to separate you from what might as well be the vacuum of space.
   [Shadow Soak 4] Your shadow opens his eyes abruptly, looking up at the dying sky uncomprehendingly. His head swings slowly to look at blight and the acid covered waitress, and thought finally sparks back into his eyes. Very angry thoughts. [Shadow Will 4 Vs Acolyte will 2+1] [Will 5] The woman, in addition to being covered in acid, catches fire. (Acolyte Hp -42) You've got to admit, you admire your lack of style when you're pissed.
   Blight rethinks her tackling strategy now that the waitress is on fire, you can't grab people who are on fire. Her pistol comes up almost immediately. [Quickshot 2] Blight misses the same as you did, though with a bit more excuse since her target is dancing a jig and on fire.
   There are no more menacing remarks from the possessed waitress, having been lit on fire and doused in acid has that effect- even on villains. [Acolyte A.Empathetics 5+1 Vs Blight will 3] (Confirm Critical 3 Vs 2, Critical confirmed) Blight vanishes. There's no warning or lasting impression, she just disappears. 
    You're a little preoccupied with your own possibly imminent death to worry about Blight right now, she's a big girl. [Will 5 Vs Acolyte will 4-1] With the waitress' attention spread thin you're able to slip around her defenses, creating a slim pack of ORS and a short barreled shotgun.
   [Luck 1] Reality degrades incredibly rapidly after the sky starts cracking. Colors begins to fade and blur, shading and definition start to lose meaning as reference points vanish, and the texture of the sand starts to feel less like individual grains and more like homogenous powder. The tendrils breeding across the sky start to curve down, in just a handful of seconds they're going to be touching the island.

(8 acid damage to the Acolyte)

---

Spoiler: Enemy, James (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemy, Aaron White (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aaron White (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 02:19:09 am by Draignean »
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7479 on: September 14, 2012, 09:07:34 pm »

Dom took off her chewed-up body armor and put on the medium set instead. Then she took both guns, all the ammo for them, put the Abassy back in its place, and wielded/reloaded the Cerico shotgun. Finally, she took the security card and headed into the men's bathroom to see what she could find there.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7480 on: September 14, 2012, 09:28:39 pm »

Oh god, James is not in good shape right now. I really do hope that neither I nor Dom get nailed with what he's got if the fungus wins...

Wait around for Taric to decide what to do with the door. Don't interrupt him.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 02:27:28 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7481 on: September 14, 2012, 09:46:11 pm »

(He's got dream!ORS, he should use them. >.>)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7482 on: September 14, 2012, 10:18:01 pm »

I don't mean that his dreamguy is in bad shape. I mean his brain in general.

I.e fungus tentacles coming from the sky.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7483 on: September 14, 2012, 10:22:33 pm »

Watching the sky morph, and figuring that the acolyte was the cause of it, James slapped the ORS on himself, and then shot at the mold-arm. At this point, it might be his only hope.
((double 1s. Yowch.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7484 on: September 14, 2012, 10:54:30 pm »

Oh god, James is not in good shape right now. I really do hope that neither I nor Dom get nailed with what he's got if the fungus wins...

Oh, you don't need to worry terribly about that. Even if things got really bad, James died, and the fungus flowered, you wouldn't get the same brand. His was empathetically programmed to not kill him, yours would have no such compunctions.

Actually, never mind, worrying terribly about that might be a good idea.

Wait around for Taric to decide what to do with the door. Don't interrupt him.

"Simple approach" means that you should probably break the door down.

(He's got dream!ORS, he should use them. >.>)

I'm honestly not sure how effective that's going to be. His body isn't harmed in any meaningful way (damage in a dream regenerates almost instantaneously) so something meant to regenerate the body might not do a lot of good. We'll see how it turns out when he rolls for it.
---
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 602