Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528535 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Immortality and crazy, lots of crazy.
« Reply #3795 on: May 29, 2011, 09:45:43 pm »

Just tell tarran that he'll dodge the next missle if he does that :P ((IC tarran obviously))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: May 29, 2011, 09:46:24 pm »

Okay then.

Throw light = not get shot at.
Yes, I know that. I meant tell my character in-game.

*checks dex scores* And... it looks like Tarran's the fastest out of all of us, then Ashley, then Dom. I'll do it next round once I get finished with Powder if you want me to.
Pfffft. Well, I suppose I had it coming when I picked my character to be the sniper.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: May 29, 2011, 09:47:06 pm »

:-\ You tell him, if I lose concentration I might accidentally pull a kiss of the dragon on poor James here. I mean I do have a needle and all.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: May 29, 2011, 09:49:52 pm »

:-\ You tell him, if I lose concentration I might accidentally pull a kiss of the dragon on poor James here. I mean I do have a needle and all.
Wai- Nope, not falling for it again.

I'll tell him then, even though he won't listen. (Especially after THAT incident :D))

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: May 29, 2011, 10:29:02 pm »

Did anyone say 'Moar Pew Pew'?

The Laelaps:

Stout, but then again it's a laser, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't really need a long barrel (though I could be wrong, I know nothing about laser weapons). If you are wondering where the Long range focal is, it's behind the Short range focal.

The almighty Ichneumon:

Draignean did say it was over-sized... ;) I wouldn't want to get hit with that.

The speed-loader is right of the trigger. The place to put the round in is on the left side, so you can't see it.

This is the first weapon I tried modifying a different style. I'm moderately satisfied, though it still doesn't fit with the others. Oh well.

Anything else besides the obviously undone Fuath that you want done, Draignean?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: May 29, 2011, 10:35:13 pm »

They look good. Now as a challenge try and refrain from using scopes, using holographic and reflex sights instead.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: May 29, 2011, 10:40:09 pm »

Maybe. Personally, I like Ironsights and scopes the most. And a lot of weapons could easily be modified to use Reflex or Holographic sights anyway. So Challenge May Be Accepted.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: May 29, 2011, 10:42:02 pm »

Serious, look at my health. Look at it. do you reeeeaallly think I can cover you with 28/75 hp?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: May 29, 2011, 10:42:11 pm »

Hell, I'd do a pure holographic sight (As in a scope hologram or a HUD for a rifle) but I can't exactly draw in anything...

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: May 29, 2011, 10:43:27 pm »

Serious did I mention you have 110 health and armor whilst I am unarmored?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: May 29, 2011, 10:48:13 pm »

Hell, I'd do a pure holographic sight (As in a scope hologram or a HUD for a rifle) but I can't exactly draw in anything...
Not sure many people would consider it a good design option. I mean, wouldn't it be more expensive than most other sights? Also, I'm pretty sure it'd be rubbish at stealth as it'd shine.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: May 29, 2011, 10:50:03 pm »

If Draignean will allow it, you can try to finish the healing job and I'll use the Fuath. Or I could run the light over.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: May 29, 2011, 10:52:19 pm »

Stealth, it would fail at. But it would be an adaptive interface. Rangefinder, compensator for movement. No fog on the sight itself. Even a CTH calculator on it.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: May 29, 2011, 11:26:30 pm »

If Draignean will allow it, you can try to finish the healing job and I'll use the Fuath. Or I could run the light over.

Healing yourself incurs a slight penalty, but Serious did a bang-up job with the first heal set so it should be fine.

Stealth, it would fail at. But it would be an adaptive interface. Rangefinder, compensator for movement. No fog on the sight itself. Even a CTH calculator on it.

You could make a pretty decent stealth version, low reflectivity black-out glass on the fronting the sight.

Or get ocular implants, have the sight picture played directly into your eye. 
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: May 29, 2011, 11:32:40 pm »

Problem is that it has questionable uses in anything but long ranges:

In short range, it needs no Rangefinder (he's in your face, dude), or compensator (he's in your face). And the fogless is not really needed. It's just unneeded in short range.

In medium range, it needs no rangefinder (he shouldn't be that far away). The compensator may be somewhat useful in the later ranges of engagement (he shouldn't be that far away), But the fogless is once again, not needed. It's also still more expensive compared to the alternatives. Questionable.

In long range, a rangefinder is useful, and the compensator is also somewhat useful. However, you need stealth when being a sniper, fogless is not needed, and it's more expensive compared to a scope. May be useful.

This means in anything other than long range weapons don't have many have uses. The rangefinder might already be included in this age of scopes (I mean, it's quite important and it's already in normal Rangefinders), and the fogless is not really needed. The compensator is the only good thing I can think of, though it's not always guaranteed (since things move in unpredictable patterns), and standing/not moving targets are just plain better targets.

Also, Chance To Hit? Dude, the world is unpredictable. The calculator would be mildly inaccurate at best with it's chances.

You could make a pretty decent stealth version, low reflectivity black-out glass on the fronting the sight.

Or get ocular implants, have the sight picture played directly into your eye. 
Good point. Still doesn't make the holograph more effective in my opinion.
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 602