Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528319 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Immortality and crazy, lots of crazy.
« Reply #3765 on: May 29, 2011, 06:25:46 pm »

All right... but I'm calling dibs on it if we manage to get it away from them intact.
Oi, Someone has to make sure it works first :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: May 29, 2011, 06:27:39 pm »

@Tarran: Jeez, I hope not. Then again maybe they threw a knife at you or something.

@Taricus: Pfff, I can test it on my own. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: May 29, 2011, 06:29:02 pm »

im pretty sure its the canister rifle, shrapnel works remarkably like knives
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: May 29, 2011, 06:30:34 pm »

o.O Well, here's hoping that's not the case for your sake Tarran, cause if it is you're probably hurt pretty bad now.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: May 29, 2011, 06:36:05 pm »

Tarran Smith

"I have a bad feeling too. The crazy nut... he mentioned his children or something coming for us... and these guys look like they were defending against something... let's get behind the benches, now."

*Shouting* "HEY! Ashley, Taric, get your lazy asses over here please. I have a very bad feeling right now."

Get behind the benches.

You take cover behind the benches, while they are metal you have some doubts about how well they're going to stop bullets. At the very least they'll break up your outline and make it harder for something to see you. You hand your medical kit to Dom when she asks for it and she gets to work patching Jame's wounds up. You sweep your light toward where you entered, straining your eyes against the darkness. [Observation 2] You see nothing but still slime-coated water.

---

Dominique Wakeman

"Boss, I have a bad feeling," Dom said. "Call it woman's intuition or whatever but things are too quiet." She gestured at the benches. "Here, let's have a seat. Give me the kit and I'll work on James while you keep an eye out, OK?" She took James's hand and pulled him over to a bench. We lost Trol and Saun and Teague... and Tarran and myself both almost died. Taric's pretty good at surviving, I'll give him that. She smiled to herself. "I'll try to keep it as painless as possible, all right? Tarran and I have some experience at gettin' people back on their feet even when they're about to croak, so workin' on a guy who's mostly in good condition shouldn't be too hard." After all, that's my job. I gotta keep the boss and the brainiac alive... and James now too.

Tarran hands you what remains of the medical supplies and you get to work while he keeps a lookout. James lies down on one of the cleaner benches and you get to work. [Int 3, Dex 4, Fighting 3+1, Luck 3 14/20] Treatment is going well, but this is going to be the last of the medical kit. The hasty bandages on the neckwound he picked up definitely need changing, and if you can't close that up right there's some real danger of infection. Well at least you won't be bored while you wait for whatever is coming.

---

James Evans

"I have a horrible, horrible, horrible feeling somthing is about to jump out and shoot out at me. Anyway, thanks. It's getting pretty crazy out here. Good lord, I wish I hadn't dropped that riot shield back at the ants..." James trailed off and hefted his Renfield. "You know, I REALLY, REALLY, don't feel good about this."

You finger your weapon while Dominique works on your injuries, [luck 2] [End 4] after a couple of minutes of this you start to wonder where she learned anything about medicine but you remain conscious regardless. Ow.

If anyone ever describes anything as 'gentle as a lady's touch' ever again you're going to run away screaming from whatever it is.

---

Taric Sizier

"OKAY! Looks like he wants us by the fortification, I'd say we better hurry over there" Head to the fortified circle.

You and Ashley's team move towards the little bench circle that Tarran found, much seems to be happening though. All is quiet as Dom works on James, Tarran and Ashley continue trying to ruin their eyes peering into the darkness. You just look around with your light, finding corpses and dead trees in an ocean of dead and slightly moldy grass. At least you don't have asthma...

---

Ashley Fey

You follow the lightbearer into the circle of benches where the other group is taking cover, both of your men check their weapons and you joun Tarran in watching for any sign of motion from the doors. [Observation 3] Nothing. Not a damn thing that you can see stirs in this stinking garden.

---

The Immortals

[Number 4][Weapons 3,3,5][Stealth 4+1, 3+1, 5+1 (Free Aimed Strike)] Undetected by Tarran or Ashely three figures in green-gray armor kneel near the edge of the water.

Father of us all, grant us the blessing of Compassion, to forgive our foes.
Grant us the blessing of mercy, to let our foes know little pain.
Finally grant us the blessing of strength, so that our foes may be crushed into the dust from whence they sprang.

The do not rise from their kneeling position, instead they merely draw weapons. Aiming at the source of the dancing lights. The first pair aim rifles on the [E/O 2] green light, loosing quick bursts of automatic rifle fire and splitting the silence with a roar of thunder. [Marksman 3+1-1-1, Range, Target unclear] [Luck 2] Shots connect, sparks flying off the metal benches as stray rounds scar them. Several bullets strike Taric's armor, but the angle is terrible and they do little more than scuff it. The second's fire [Marksman 5+1-1-1] scores gouges in Taric's armor, [Armor 4] but the shots were aimed more at the light than at him. (Armor -14)

The last though raises a much different weapon, aiming it at the source of the [E/O 3] white light. [Marksman 5+1-1-1] The weapon chunks out a heavy rocket that flies straight at Tarran.

Ah.

Crap.

[Luck 1 Oh God] The missile flies unerringly, and the entire group is too busy hunching away from the rifle fire to get out of the way. [Explosion power 4+2 Tarran/Power 4+1 Taric, Dominique/Power 4 James, Harry, Ashley, Jordan.] [Confirm critical 3 Vs Tarran Armor 5] Razors as long as your pinky snap through the air as the canister explodes, embedding themselves into and through your armor. In a stroke of luck the plate that you used to beat Taric with stops three of them before they tear your throat out. (Armor -17 Health -15)

Taric and Dominique get hit by the flechettes that made it past Tarran, [Armor 4, 4] slicing into their armor but only slightly damaging their flesh. [dom armor -13 Hp -5] [Taric Armor -18]

James and Ashley's team take the remaining blades, [Armor 3, 3, 3, 5] tearing into James, Ashley, and Harry. Jordan was at a marginally better angle and was able to avoid the worst of the blast. (James HP -11, Ashley Armor -11, Harry Armor -11, Jordan Armor -6)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: May 29, 2011, 06:41:09 pm »

"ARGH! LIGHTS OUT, LIGHTS OUT! RETURN FIRE WITH ANY WEAPON THAT DOESN'T MAKE A FLASH!"

Turn off my light, and fire my Jormungandr in the estimated direction of the shots!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: May 29, 2011, 06:46:13 pm »

"Hold on, I gotta finish this!" Dom yelled. She handed the Fuath to James. "I'll be wanting that back, so take care of it. Cover my ass!" She moved behind James to finish operating on his wounds and hoped he knew how to use that thing.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 11:33:49 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: May 29, 2011, 06:46:58 pm »

Switch the broadbeam into offensive mode and take aim on the launcher-equipped Immortal.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 06:59:55 pm by Taricus »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: May 29, 2011, 06:50:52 pm »

Switch the broadbeam into offencive mode and take aim on the launcher-equipped Immortal.

You'll have to make a serious luck roll to pull an aimed shot, they could see the lights, but they don't have lights for you to target.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: May 29, 2011, 07:01:08 pm »

Nothing I can't fix. Anyone have an incendinary projectile?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: May 29, 2011, 07:03:43 pm »

The two squad mates Aim at the man with the flachette launcher, while ashly fires a quick shot from her javelin implant spreading the shots so as to be more likely to hit rather than causing more damage, she then moves quickly to the side to avi\oid return fire "Aim for thier heads" Also, harry activates his aegis impolants
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: May 29, 2011, 07:44:56 pm »

Alright, two more weapons.

The Wolfkin:

If you're wondering why the ejector is so small, the bullets are stout and are stacked with two per level. How it works is that it fires in a burst of two, with a minor pause, then another burst of two. The reason it's in a burst is because the first shot (in back) fires, falls out and the shot in front rises, fires, then backs up and falls out. Yes, I realize that's a poor idea, but the gun fires fricking huge bullets anyway and you'd likely need time to stabilize the gun afterwards so I doubt a few weapon design errors would really mess with the gun anyway.

And the Abassy:

Personally, I dislike how the Abassy turned out, but I just don't want to continue working on it. Turns out, I'm not really good at creating things instead of editing them. Who knew? Also, the drum-thing is really crappy... meh.

If you want to edit it Serious, I encourage you. It's possible with even MS paint (I spent most of the time in the Pencil tool). You'd certainly have more want to make it look awesome than I have, so you'd very likely make it look a whole lot more awesome.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 07:47:02 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: May 29, 2011, 07:58:03 pm »

I would, but that stuff looks polygonal, which is beyond me. :-\ I might could knock up a pixel version, but I'd have to look through my materials and see if I have anything close to it.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: May 29, 2011, 08:04:40 pm »

The pistol looks odd due to the lack of a slant with the grip. And the ejector is for the propellant container, not the bullet itself. The projectile itself only makes up a small part of a bullet.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: May 29, 2011, 08:07:17 pm »

I would, but that stuff looks polygonal, which is beyond me. :-\ I might could knock up a pixel version, but I'd have to look through my materials and see if I have anything close to it.
Polygonal? It's just a flat picture. You don't need any special software.

The pistol looks odd due to the lack of a slant with the grip.
I know, I know.

And the ejector is for the propellant container, not the bullet itself. The projectile itself only makes up a small part of a bullet.
I know that. My father likes guns, so know at least that.
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 602