Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528193 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Tree hugging is seriously bad for you.
« Reply #3315 on: May 23, 2011, 01:09:15 am »

Oh mah gawd...

You guys are fucking cripples when compared to me! Not one broken bone in my life, and I'm 20. The worst I have had was having a half dislocated right shoulder which popped itself back in when i rolled over the floor in agony.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Tree hugging is seriously bad for you.
« Reply #3316 on: May 23, 2011, 01:38:47 am »

Trol Grane

[GM Smite] The seeds in your body grow, dissolving the rich flesh for nutrients as they spread with startling speed. You try to scream but the paralytic has already frozen your larynx and your cries come as a rough wheeze. Delicately the new tendrils spread, avoiding vital organs and insulating vulnerable tissue, intent on making the most of their meal. The devil himself might shed a tear at the sight of that torment, in mirth or horror no man may know, but this alone is true. You will live a long life alone with your madness.

God have mercy on your soul.

Trol Grane, KIA. Raped to death by six trees.

---

Ashley Fey, Harry Nakamuno, Jordan Grey

The inside of the hotwired shuttle was cramped, uncomfortable, and inexplicably smelled strongly of fish. The three person assault team strapped back-to-back-to-back in the middle of the shuttle was getting slightly tired of the damn waiting. The course was made to look like a normal object that had gotten knocked out of the belt and had just happened to hit this moon by chance. This meant that they got to play loop the loop with every goddamn rock inbetween here and there just to make it look genuine. The conclave was braining this one WAY to hard.
"If we don't get there in the next ten minutes I'm going to start believing the first fucking deity I can think of just so I can hate him. Jordan shifted uncomfortably in his strap before continuing to whine. "The next time someone uses 'important' or 'vital' in front of the word mission I swear I'm going to shoot him." Jordan tried to shift again, the additional spinal grafting made it hard to get comfortable, and he gave it up again after a moment and pitched his voice into a falsetto. "Oh please mister soldier man, guard this hunk of junk through ten hours of nowhere while we think really Really hard about super import-"
The man to Jordan's right spoke up, cutting the other man off. "Jordan."
"Yeah?"
"Shut up before I rip your ass off, literally. Rip. It. Off."
"Fag" Jordan mumbled before shutting up.
Harry managed to rein in the urge to remove various limbs from the medic, he counted to ten slowly before shifting his head to point mostly at Ash. "How much longer until this ship of yours breaks atmosphere?"
You check the display in front of you, not in the least surprised by the result. "As both of us know it's four and a half minutes since the last time you asked, six and change until we hit."
"Wake me."
Jordan elbowed him in the arm through the restraint. "Honestly? That's your best captain badass line for being six minutes away from crashing into a damn moon?"
If your hands weren't bound at your sides you'd be massaging your temples by now, or killing either of the others. Instead you exhale and count down from three-hundred-and-sixty, trying to tune out the two bucks butting heads in the background.

---

Tarran and company

"I don't like this..."

Follow the light, Tarran! But with your Assault Rifle out.

Follow the group with the Piru out.
"Let me go first," Dom said, taking point with the Abassy. She had the advantage of being a woman, which in her experience meant people always underestimated her and her physical strength. If anyone tried anything she had a good shot of overpowering the attacker and turning the tables.
Quote from: James
Follow the yellow brick road

You follow the lights, the rain making colors soft and diffuse. Eerily beautiful and shadowless the path curves from time to time around solid objects or bunches of non-luminescent fungi. The glow shows no sign of ending as you walk, but nothing moves to strike you down or offer resistance, in fact the forest seems far too quiet. The muffled sound of rain landing on mushrooms and the soft rumble of sheet lightning arcing before the trees ground it out is the only sound you hear. After five minutes of walking [Int 4,3,5,2] everyone but James suddenly stops, feeling the same prickle on their skin. It's weird, not like anything you've felt before.

---

You open your eyes from your counting as the console beeps once, showing thirty seconds till impact. Hours of waiting as the ship had bandied about space boiled down to now. You hope that your modifications to the ship will hold together. Of course if they don't it's not like anybody is going to be in any shape to complain. "Ready, we'll touch down in twenty. Brace for impact."
Jordan, as usual, has to make a sarcastic comment. "Somehow I don't think that 'touch down', and 'brace for impact' should be used together. Just for future reference."
Harry's customary rebuttal is lost as you get ready to activate the jury rigged dampeners, the way they've been hooked should make them able to null pretty much anything short of a direct explosion. Of course the way they'd been rigged also meant they had about three seconds of life in them before they burnt out. If you're a second off either way then everyone may as well be dead already.
You control yourself as best you can as the seconds tick down, telling yourself that this won't be you dying if you fail, just another ridiculously expensive body. The thought isn't comforting.
[Will 3, Dex 3] The time comes, you hit the damn button. Your timing might not be perfect but there isn't time to worry about that now.

For a second you're weightless, you feel as though you're ground in immovable rock... The tubes of impact gel fire as the disguised pod breaks through the canopy, expanding into a mass beneath you an instant before you hit it. And the ground hits you back like a sledgehammer.

---

Tarran and company

You don't have time to wonder what the hell is going on, you don't have time to pray, you don't even have time to be moderately upset as familiar slime engulfs you up the the armpit. Then a meteor lands in the thickest section of ooze, instantly the entire blob of impact gel heats up and hardens, trying to disperse the immense energy. The gel beneath meteorite compressed to maximum in nanoseconds, transmitting a great portion of its massive force straight into the ground.

And through it.

The ground over the massive ant colony caves in, cratering down and out from the meteor. Panicked ants are engulfed in slime and begin suffocating. Out of all context your mind feels a grim satisfaction at watching the little bastards die. Then the ripple of collapsing earth reaches where you hang suspended in gelatin and you fall, following the UFO down into the crater.

When the world stops collapsing you can't see, you're covered from head to toe in evaporating muck and ant corpses. You have no idea where the hell you are now, but wherever it is you're pretty sure it ain't heaven.

---

After a moment you realize that the terrible noise has stopped, reality is no longer rending itself apart around you. You're alive. The pod is mostly dark, the console in front of you flickers only fitfully with an error message. You lay back for a moment, counting the pain from the network of bruised flesh as a blessing. You're alive.

You rest from the three second ordeal, wondering where the hell to start from now.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 01:48:15 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Dom recovered quickly and got to her feet, Fuath out. None of those crawly bastards was getting near her! Sweeping it this way and that, she took in the situation, then focused on the ship. Pissed, she stomped over to it and kicked the side. "OPEN THE FUCK UP, I AIN'T IN THE MOOD TO BE FUCKED WITH!" she roared, aiming the Fuath at the door. "AND IF YOU'VE BEEN SENDING US MESSAGES ON THE RADIO I'M GOING TO RIP YOUR SPINE OUT AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS!" she added after a moment.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Ash responded quite quickly, "I don't know of any messages,m and seing as iv'e only recently managted to stop being fucked with, and just crash landed into a moon, I'm not in th emood to be Fucked with either, we will come out once we have regained our senses, And once we know it's safe
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Dom kicked the side of the ship again. "Hell no it isn't safe!" she said. "You probably stirred up the damn ants and who knows what the fuck else." She checked over her shoulder to make sure nothing was sneaking up on their group. Something must have gotten Teague; he had vanished. Poor bastard... I'm glad the rest of us didn't have an allergic reaction to that shit, she thought. "Boss, you hear this?" she asked quietly. Tarran still seemed to be stunned. "Taric?" Still down at the moment. "...Evan?" Ah, shit. It's just me at the moment. Dom turned back to the crashed ship and asked loudly, "how many of you are in there?" I could probably take two or three of 'em, but if there's a whole squad in there things could get outta hand or somethin'. Better stall. "And what the hell happened, anyway? You get shot down?"
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 03:10:05 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

"What do you think happened!, and why do you want to know" Check equipment and get ready at the door in case this person turned hostile,
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"I wanna know because you just about landed on us! Now, what's your affiliation? If I don't like your answer just know I can crush your whole damn ship like a tin can. With my mind," Dom warned. Maybe... thing's kinda big. Cain could probably do it, the Matriarch definitely. "Look, trustbuilding exercise, right? I'll answer one question of yours if you answer one of mine. The name's Dominique Wakeman." She took a deep breath but kept her gun trained on the entrance. Depending on who this guy claimed affiliation with, things could get hostile quick.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Ashly didn't want whover this was to know who she was yet, or preferably the existance of her organisation at all, esspecialy if they were the Technocracy, but if they were somkeone that opposed the technocrracy she could not very well say that thats what she was, but she took the gamble that technocracy would not be trudging on the ground, so she decided to say the truth as far as it went "Well put it this way, it was the technocracy that shot us down", while extending her blades in-case her gamble backfired

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Dom considered that. James turned out to be all right... "Seems like we get allies showing up in the weirdest ways," she grumbled to herself. First Evan had been incarcerated on the ship, and then this person literally dropped out of the sky. "Let's proceed under the assumption that I ain't exactly on speaking terms with the Technocracy either. So, gotta name?" she asked.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

"Name's Ashley, I'm coming out now, afterwaking up my men, please do not shoot us, we can have a more civilised conversation face to face" Wake up harry and Jordan, grab our equipment and carefuoly leave the ship, be sure to retract the blades 1st

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"All right. One second." Dom put away the Fuath and got out the Abassy, but left it lowered. Damnit, why's it just me? I ain't got that magnetism that the boss has, and Taric's so much brighter than me it's like the difference between a firefly and a sun, and at least James acts like he's got somethin' to believe in. I don't have that, even. All I got's muscle. I'm not fit for conductin' truces and shit... all I'm good for is the heavy liftin' and being another body on the battlefield... like Saun, and Trol, and probably Teague too. She took a step back for safety's sake.

I miss Earth... all the pantywaists talkin' shit at the bars, the jobs where you just moved heavy shit from one place to another and didn't have to think, didn't have to see your friends get killed... After the initial adrenaline of the crash had worn down, she was feeling drained. Too numb to stay angry and yelling. "Come on out. We'll talk out here," she said, watching the door.

Damn Technocracy... they took everything from me... and I just let it happen. They took Dad for drinkin' too much, they took Miguel for gamblin', they took my husband and never told me why, they took me 'cause they suspected I was a psychic... And Taric and Tarran and Trol, I bet the Technocracy took and took and took from them too. Dom waited to see who would leave the ship... and wondered what the Technocracy had taken from them.

(Didn't say anything about your appearance and stuff 'cause I don't have your character sheet handy at the moment. ^^;)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

(Didn't say anything about your appearance and stuff 'cause I don't have your character sheet handy at the moment. ^^;)

Well im assuming Draignean will post it once i leave the shuttle thing

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

"What the hell happened? Urgh, goddammit as if we didn't already have enough shit trying to kil-... what the hell? Why is there a hole in the goddamn canopy and why the hell is a goddamn ship on a goddamn ant-hill?! Who the hell parked their ship so horribly?"
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Glad to see you're OK, boss," Dom said, the relief in her voice when he started moving clearly evident. His survival meant Taric and James were most likely fine too. "Technocracy shot these people down. 'Least, that's what they're saying. I've been talking to a woman in there, her name's Ashley." She looked down and crossed her arms. "Still no sign of Teague, though. We might want to write him off, Tarran."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

"Yeah, I agree. I doubt he could've survived on his own in his current state...

Anyway, Ashley, I'm Captain Tarran. Captain of this rag-tag group of partial-failures-partial-heroes you see now. Pleased to meet you."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 602