Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 525963 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Time is of the Essence.
« Reply #2370 on: April 12, 2011, 06:54:57 pm »

He gets out this turn, that was just so I could control the flow of time and keep him with a 1.5 minute turn. I can conceive of someone stripping and getting into the shower in 90 seconds, I can't conceive of them stripping, showering, finishing, and then getting into bed in that time.

You could always stretch the meaning of 'next turn' to be the one after this one.

True, and I may.

Ship is going to hell in a handbasket and Trol's singing in the shower. Figures.

We may not get one...

You'd have to get some really bad rolls to die this turn.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: April 12, 2011, 06:56:56 pm »

Wait, can Taric hear the singing?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: April 12, 2011, 06:59:12 pm »

He's in the shower.

I'm fairly confident that there is not an intercom in the shower. This is a Royce, Trol could be screaming his unholy love for tortillas and unless the intercom was turned on you wouldn't hear it if you were standing outside his room. (And the door was closed.)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: April 12, 2011, 07:00:36 pm »

Fair enough.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: April 12, 2011, 07:01:26 pm »

Ah, if he was here he'd just say something like,

Get in the bed, hurr durrrr

since that was his last action that he didn't get to finish.

Running turn now.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: April 12, 2011, 08:03:33 pm »

James Evan

"No!" James backed away. "Ya know what? Maybe I could have bloody revolted! Or tried to. You seem to forgot that I was on shaky grounds anyway. And you know how the Technocracy deals with those who break its rules. WE WOULD HAVE BECOME A BLOODY SMEAR! WOULD THAT HELP ANYONE?! NO. IT WOULDN'T! Maybe you need to be frickin' patient. Going out in a blaze of glory won't do a thing! Maybe the way to do it is patience and stealth, eh? You know I was getting the parts f- Nevermind... If you really know it, I don't need to tell you. Maybe, you're just a psionic figment made by the Technocracy!" James quickshotted a round at the other him. "But anyway, if you try taking the reins and going on your suicidal method, we won't live to see the Technocracy toppled. We'll be a corpse. And do you really prefer that?! Do you?! Anyway, I won't let you. You're not me. I'm me. And I'll do what it takes to banish you." James quickly drew and fired his other gun.

You monologue back at yourself for a moment before firing your pistol again from the kneeling position. [Quickshot 1][Luck 1] The revolver misfires, turning your hand into star of pain. [End 4] Gasping in agony you manage not to black out while clutching your hand, hot blood seeping through onto the barren earth. The shadow of you considers carefully before crouching down with you, looking almost sad now. "Yes, I would prefer to be a corpse than to continue living this lie, and in your darkest hours so do you. Die for what you believe, or live for nothing. We've done things your way, and it got our friends captured and worse here. Now it's time to try my way, live or die, the only people we'll put in harm's way will be ourselves." The infected arm reaches out to you, and you lunge your good hand into your duster drawing out your other pistol and firing on the diseased appendage as fast as you can pull the trigger. [Dex 4, three shots] [Quickshot 4, 4, 4] At this range you don't miss once. Gore spatters the ground as you amputate the fungal appendage at the shoulder with hot lead, everything suddenly goes all bendy, hazy and noticeably dreamlike for the first time on its own. The shadow of you howls, raising his gun arm and firing repeatedly.

Not at you though.

More bullets smash into the severed appendage, blowing little bits of twitching... stuff... everywhere before it blackens and shrivels. The world jogs again and a subtle hum intrudes on your senses. As everything else fades away the shadow looks at you directly one last time. "This isn't over." It states simply, and then the dream abates at long lost.

You're reclining, bound to a chair. A surprisingly comfortable chair. You can only look straight up, but what you can see is strange. The ceiling has a soft light emanating from it, not a single light, just a sort of ambient glow. A soft and computerized female voice interrupts you as you test your restraints. "Would like to listen too some music or view a more pleasant sight while you wait? We have an extensive library of soothing images that you may wish to view before you procedure." Alright, now this is just weird. You're pretty sure you aren't still dreaming though.

Perks added.

Shadow: You got exposed to an experimental unchained piece of bio-tech used in interrogations, you survived but it had a lingering effect on your subconscious. Your subconscious is self-aware now, a second and more primal version of yourself.
Effect: Even without psionic training the shadow can block an incoming empathetic attack on a roll 4 or better. The shadow however will also increase your aggression and can occasionally warp your actions unless you can make a will save.

Harrowed: You endured torture, repeated, nasty, brutal, and thoroughly unconventional at the hands of the Technocracy. You lived, and what does not kill you makes your stronger. No dumb punk with a gun and an ego has a chance of staring you down now.
Effect: +2 to will saves against intimidation, +1 to intimidating people. You can't stand, or take part in, any form of torture however.

---

Taric Sizier

"Anything else we need to do boss?"

Talking to Tarran over the intercom you discover that you had forgotten to open the doors before you get here, he tells you he's going to shoot them open. You have vague misgiving about this entire plan. Meanwhile Nathaniel has finished downloading and you query him on his status. "That thing you took me out of tastes funny, my feet itch, I haven't been laid in God knows how long, and Hot Damn I love this ship!" Holographic menus scroll and activate on their own, moving at eye-blurring speed even for you. After a couple seconds of frantic movement Nathaniel speaks again. "I should have control over the engines in a couple minutes after they heat up... Sit Co-pilot for me would you? If anything turns red and blinking hit it repeatedly until it stops."

---

Tarran Smith

Shoot the EM canisters.

You need a path out of here, sliding your hands into the holographic gauntlets you aim the turret at the canisters. [Marksman 1] [Luck 6] Oh yeah, safety. Disengaging the safety mechanism you fire again, [Marksman 2+2+1] the turret is very new to you but the targeting system is great and your own skill with guns helps too. As hoped the EM canisters explode. Oh wait, SHIT THEY EXPL- [Explosion power 3+2] The antimatter waste combines energetically with the wall of the canisters, exploding incredibly and blowing out a section of wall twice the size of the ship. [Hit Area 4, Left hind VTOL engine, right hind VTOL engine, Reactor and main engine, Virtue Armor 2+3] High-velocity superheated shrapnel sprays into the hull, the shielding isn't up yet and it lays scars across the armor, stripping into the ablative sheets over the primary engine. (Armor LR VTOL engine -73, RR VTOL Engine -82, Main engine/reactor -58)

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom shifted slightly in her sleep. The couch was really comfortable.

You sleep the dreamless sleep of the truly exhausted, your wounds recovering rapidly.

---

Trol Grane

Get in the bed, hurr durrrr

Washing somebody else's body is just weird. You exit your very nearly military shower and plop down on your bed. Oh. My. God. You've never felt anything like thi- ZZZZZzzzzzzz

---

3:00 Seconds until the Shields fold, 2:15 seconds until the reactor is online. Engines and shields will be up at the end of next turn.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: April 12, 2011, 08:05:44 pm »

"Alright, now get us out of here!" Co-pilot the ship with Hoke.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: April 12, 2011, 08:27:37 pm »

Urk. James snapped to attention. "Where am I, what's going on, and who am I being held captive by? What just happened?" He demanded.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: April 12, 2011, 08:28:35 pm »

*Cries* Poor ship.

Stay on the lookout for any hostile actions against us.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: April 12, 2011, 08:33:57 pm »

Dominique jolted awake at the sound of the explosion and cracked an eye open. "Can everyone keep the damn noise down?" she asked groggily. After a few moment she sighed in irritation, sat up, and stretched. Always something loud going on around here, she thought. Might as well go see what it was. She rubbed her eyes, stretched again with a wince at the soreness and pain in her muscles, and stood. Eh, I don't really want to bother Taric or Tarran for no reason. They're probably making sure we don't end up like whatever the hell that explosion was. She poked around the ship and found the kitchen shortly.

...Didn't realize how hungry I was. I guess everybody could use something to eat. She looked around for any pre-made meals, because she was a horrendous cook and she didn't want to kill any of the team. If she could find bread and meat she could at least make sandwiches or something.

Despite her protests to Tarran earlier, Dom's clearly become this trope because it's the type of character I gravitate to. -__-; So, uh, just a quick question Draignean. Where's James in relation to the team? Are we a long ways off from meeting up?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: April 12, 2011, 09:02:00 pm »

...Thanks, Draignean   :-\

Keep dreaming about what insane people that just died and swapped bodies dream about

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: April 12, 2011, 10:08:32 pm »

...Thanks, Draignean   :-\

I know, sorry. I keep breaking your actions up or giving you very few options, I do apologize.

So, uh, just a quick question Draignean. Where's James in relation to the team? Are we a long ways off from meeting up?

He's in the only place the acolyte would have access to everything needed for interrogation, He's currently in medical. I thought someone might've caught on the turn before last when I listed the ships stats with the population levels at 5/36 instead of 4/36. He's restrained and scheduled for an appendectomy in 3250, so unless somebody gives an override he's going to stay bound to a chair will the medical computer makes him feel comfy.

Huh, I think that's the fastest everyone has gotten together for a turn. Probably one of the least exciting turns of this whole sequence too. Or not, well we'll see.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 10:11:39 pm by Draignean »
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: April 12, 2011, 10:13:36 pm »

So he's ON the Virtue? Guess I'll have Dom wander by Medical next turn then to let him out since she's exploring anyway. I'm sure that'll be great for James, first person he sees is a heavily armored, bloody, burnt, scarred woman in battered and mostly-destroyed armor. With a plate of cookies. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: April 12, 2011, 10:18:42 pm »

So he's ON the Virtue? Guess I'll have Dom wander by Medical next turn then to let him out since she's exploring anyway. I'm sure that'll be great for James, first person he sees is a heavily armored, bloody, burnt, scarred woman in battered and mostly-destroyed armor. With a plate of cookies. :3
"Why are you screaming and throwing things at me? I brought cookies!"
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: April 12, 2011, 10:32:36 pm »

lol. If I manage to find snacks everyone on the ship but Trol/Teague is getting one... because he's asleep. And Hoke because he doesn't have a body. "Oh hai Dom, I know the entire base is about to be destroyed by orbital nukes but thanks for bringing me delicious fudge cookies." Well, if you're going to die, you might as well have a cookie, right?
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 602