Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 525978 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 James is losing to himself.
« Reply #2340 on: April 12, 2011, 02:36:30 am »

I'm guessing personal rooms.

Pilot the ship, preferably searching for an access node for Hoke.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: April 12, 2011, 03:09:54 am »

What are the accommodations? Personal rooms or just a crew room, kitchen, etc?

There are six personal rooms, each with a bed, personal terminal, full holographics suite, personal bath and a bit of food storage. The dining room has a small attached kitchen but this vehicle isn't actually meant for living in, just riding in style, so there's more prepared meals stocked than ingredients.

As to the etc, I'm trying to think of what else you'd need to know... The vehicle has built in gravity control and inertial dampening so getting knocked about isn't an issue, if you want to see outside you can get the sensors to reconstruct an image of the outside holographically and put it on a wall, alternately the computer has a library of soothing images that may also be displayed. The vehicle constantly scans its occupants and adjusts for comfort, so whatever you're sitting/lying on will adjust it's texture, permeability, and temperature until the pleasure responses from your brain are maximized. Then there's the massage functionality, well you get the idea. You're probably going to fall asleep face down on that sofa the minute you lay down.

You've got a sweet ride as long as you don't need to shoot anything. 

PS: I just realized I used the wrong Reins in Powders turn. Whoops. Interesting play on words though...
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: April 12, 2011, 03:18:51 am »

Jeez, I wonder how much this thing costs. This is ship is insanely nice. Let's try not to wreck it guys, this thing is likely worth more than three times the total amount of money we could make at a medium-end job in our lifetime.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: April 12, 2011, 03:23:38 am »

Badass. It's unfortunate Dom's a lump right now but I figure if Taric/Hoke are piloting and Tarran's on the guns then all the bases are covered (and Tarran's better on the guns anyway, he's got the best Dex out of all of us). So you don't have to worry about me wrecking the thing, she's out. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: April 12, 2011, 04:01:39 am »

Jeez, I wonder how much this thing costs. This is ship is insanely nice. Let's try not to wreck it guys, this thing is likely worth more than three times the total amount of money we could make at a medium-end job in our lifetime.

That's an understatement, she costs nearly three-quarters of a billion dollars. There are a couple problems with the ship for long term use right now.

When hot the reactor is tasked to within 5% of capacity maintaining shields, basic systems, holographics, gravity control, engines, Laser point defense, Inertial dampening, etc. So you'll either need to get a bigger one (Not likely in the near future), or install a second one (Yeah that's gonna be Fun) before you can run additional shields or energy weapons. Alternately in space you can do what anything larger than a fighter does to get the energy to fire its main guns, take the primary engines offline. 'Course that's suicidal in a small ship like yours.

It lacks structural hard points for installing combat missile systems, and there isn't anymore room for ammunition storage for conventional weapons. She's got some definite abilities, but she was built for the best and safest ride the Technocracy can afford. 
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: April 12, 2011, 08:36:24 am »

The question is, will Draignean kill the entire team on a bad driving roll like in liberal crime squad? We will see!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: April 12, 2011, 02:39:06 pm »

Taric Sizier

Pilot the ship, preferably searching for an access node for Hoke.

You make your way forwards into the cockpit, okay all you have to do is get in there and load Hoke up, you can probably start the reactor while he's- Oh merciful God. As you enter the ship starts the Holographic interface systems, covering the walls with tapestries made from status readouts, scrolling test, and many, many buttons. This could be interesting. [Observation 4] Beneath one of the layers holographics you finally find a node that you can use, and you link the modified pad into it and start uploading. While that's going you search around for a way to start the ship, resolving not to press any buttons unless you're sure. [Mechanics 5] Searching through the screens you finally find the Reactor symbol you're looking for, beneath it is a large helpful looking button. You brush your fingers against the hologram and the ship's hum intensifies slightly, from a bee on a hilltop a mile away to a pleasant vibration that you can only half hear or feel. A small counter ticks up beside the reactor icon now, the number of seconds until the reactor goes from a cold start to running hot.

The technology is impressive, most ships of this size require a twenty minute start to get running.

This one requires only six. This could be a problem.

---

Tarran Smith

"Taric, get this ship moving, I'm getting the defensive guns!"

Find the Gunner position's position.

Taric has got the pilot's chair, but you'd bet ten-to-one that the cruiser that's blowing this place into glowing flinders isn't about to let you out of here without a fight. As you move down into the tail of the ship the rest of the lighting and ambient systems start coming to life and the entire ship fills with a soft hum, good, Taric found the on button. At the farthest end of the ship you find the turret control, it's a very small half dome of a room, blank except for a chair in the middle. You sit down and the chair responds to your weight, reclining and powering the targeting systems. The blank walls and ceiling shift and change, becoming what looks like an unobscured view of the outside. A number of filter options appear before you, the ship can scroll between views based on thermal, electromagnetic, light, sonic, and ambient radiation sweeps. [Intuition 5] Your keen eye notices that landing bay doors are not in fact open, that might make it difficult to get out. You also notice that there is a hardened EM storage tank 50 feet away. The only things you need to store in those kinds of tanks are generally very dangerous and very excitable.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom flopped down onto one of the couches, occupying the whole thing by herself. "I feel like crap..." she said, her voice muffled by virtue of the fact she had fallen on her face. The ORS's state-altering effect was beginning to wear off, though, and she was feeling her injuries again. After a moment to cope she rolled onto her side and continued on. "Nice work getting us into this thing, Taric. I'm gonna take a nap, wake me up if you got something you need my help with." She rested her head on her forearm and closed her eyes, settling in to go to sleep. Live or die, it was completely out of her hands now, and she just wanted a long snooze.

You sprawl on the couch, curiously calm despite having nearly unimaginable amounts of energy hurled from space at you. Exhaustion, blood loss, and the residual effects of the ORS have a powerful soporific effect. The couch is perfect too, soft as can be on your damaged flesh and yet supporting, cool and wonderful against your burns. You slip into sleep nearly immediately, barely registering the sensation of gentle fingers kneading your back where you got bashed into a wall. Your last conscious thoughts are that If this is how you're going to die it's certainly one of the nicer ways to go.

---

Trol Grane

Get cleaned off, and plop down on my bed

Well, everything seems to be well in hand. Unconcerned with the warship trying to blast holes in the world you make your way down to the rooms, taking the first door on the left. Delighted to find a shower you strip and get in, humming to yourself, after a second the ship answers your hum with one of its own. How kind of it.

You are in the shower until next turn. (+10 Stamina)

6:00 Seconds until the Shields fold, 5:15 seconds until the reactor is online.  Nathaniel will be functional next turn, engines and shields will be functional turn after next.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 02:44:59 pm by Draignean »
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Time is of the Essence.
« Reply #2348 on: April 12, 2011, 02:41:58 pm »

"Anything else we need to do boss?"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: April 12, 2011, 02:44:15 pm »

"Anything else we need to do boss?"

I'm going to assume you're using the intercom since he's in the tail of the ship and you're in the nose.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: April 12, 2011, 02:44:38 pm »

Yep.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: April 12, 2011, 02:52:55 pm »

"The damn bay doors aren't open! Taric, you think you can do anything about that?"
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: April 12, 2011, 02:57:27 pm »

"I'll get on it." Open the bay doors.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: April 12, 2011, 03:01:44 pm »

"I'll get on it." Open the bay doors.

You can't do that from here, the controls are on the floor below you. Back down the elevatorless elevator shaft.

You failed your intuition roll down there earlier.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: April 12, 2011, 03:02:51 pm »

Trol can get it then.

EDIT: What are the chances of the doors coming off without the controls being used AKA Blown off?
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 602