Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 512426 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Time is of the Essence.
« Reply #2385 on: April 12, 2011, 11:44:28 pm »

James Evan

Urk. James snapped to attention. "Where am I, what's going on, and who am I being held captive by? What just happened?" He demanded.

The computer handles the questions one at a time, the tone never wavering from the same soothing voice. "You are currently a guest on the ship Virtue, You are currently restrained in a reclining position, you are being held by a chair, you just woke up and asked four questions."

Thank you captain obvious.

---

Taric Sizier

"Alright, now get us out of here!" Co-pilot the ship with Hoke.

You slide into the co-pilot seat, prepared to assist in anyway possible. Nothing happens as the clock until the reactor heats up ticks down. You can't decide whether these are the most tense or the most boring two minutes in your entire life. "So..." Nathaniel drawls after a minute. "What's a fellow like you doing on a ship like me?" You prepare a sarcastic reply but then one of the holographics in front of your turns an angry flashing red. "HIT IT HIT IT!!" Hoke yells at you suddenly, [Intuiton 2] and immediately you slam your hand into the holographic. "NO YOU FOOL! That was the self-destruct!" [Detect lie 1] You very nearly have a coronary panicking before you realize Nathaniel is laughing his proverbial ass off. Stupid little....

Nathaniel's laughter cuts of immediately as you feel something whumph past and through you, while the low level hum that permeated the ship disappears completely along with all of the trace sounds that bled in from the outside. That would be the artificial gravity and inertial dampener engaging. All business now Hoke powers the vertical take-off engines and gets the ship into hover. "Hang on, Energy weapon fire isn't weather that's conducive to a smooth ride. Of course in this baby the only time you'll feel her move is when she gets blown to pieces, not that I think that's likely."

---

Tarran Smith

Stay on the lookout for any hostile actions against us.

[Kinesthesia 4] You relax, getting your mind into a state where you're ready to shoot and taking a minute to get a feel for the turret. Slowing your breathing and putting yourself into a relaxed but very lucid state.

(+1 to next roll with turret, can't be a one.)

---

Trol Grane

Keep dreaming about what insane people that just died and swapped bodies dream about

[sanity 3] You dream.... You're back in school, trying to find your way to... something... Then a teacher comes up to asking why you're not in the exam. Oh my God, the exam, you haven't studied, You're going to fail in front of everyone! You wake up for a moment with a jolt, remembering that you're actually at the top of a tower on a facility that's being bombarded with Anti-proton beams. Thank God. You fall back to sleep in seconds.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dominique jolted awake at the sound of the explosion and cracked an eye open. "Can everyone keep the damn noise down?" she asked groggily. After a few moment she sighed in irritation, sat up, and stretched. Always something loud going on around here, she thought. Might as well go see what it was. She rubbed her eyes, stretched again with a wince at the soreness and pain in her muscles, and stood. Eh, I don't really want to bother Taric or Tarran for no reason. They're probably making sure we don't end up like whatever the hell that explosion was. She poked around the ship and found the kitchen shortly.

...Didn't realize how hungry I was. I guess everybody could use something to eat. She looked around for any pre-made meals, because she was a horrendous cook and she didn't want to kill any of the team. If she could find bread and meat she could at least make sandwiches or something.

You rise somewhat reluctantly from the couch, hunger finally overriding your need for sleep. You find the dining room with little trouble and start looking through the pantry. Inside the pantry are several arrays of stasis cabinets. Wine, fillet mignon, whole pheasant, wine, caviar, patte, wine, several cuts of steak, artichoke hearts, shrimp, wine, lobster, sushi, calamari and some wine fill every nook and cranny. Incongruously there is also a cabinet full of spam.

You settle on steak and potatoes with gravy and a mushroom sauce for the steak. You have four plates prepped in a couple minutes, just as you're prepared to dig into yours you notice something. Or rather you notice a lack of something, the faint ambient noise and the humming of the ship have vanished, replaced by an energy that's just on the edge of your senses. You hope that's a good thing.

You now have four plates of steak and potatoes.

---

Virtue, Nathaniel Hoke

The ship hums with life as the shielding comes to life, adding an odd sheen to the armor plating. The landing claws retract back into the VTOL engines as it begins to rise. Nathaniel swings the hovering ship around to face the hole Tarran made, taking a moment to phase the shields of the ship and the tower together so the can get through. The ship swings out of the facility, [Luck 2] and straight into a barrage of heavy beams. [Hoke Pilot 5+1] Cutting thrust to the engines on half the ship Nathaniel rolls the ship off to the side of the pillars of energy a fraction before being consumed by it. Diving he jinxes the ship back up and away from another burst of beams hammering the facility. [Luck 2] Great heavens above there just isn't a break. [Hoke pilot 4+2] Adjusting the cut of all engines simultaneously Nathaniel pulls the ship straight up, paralel with one of the beams. [Luck 2] Oh for the love of... [Hoke Pilot 3+2] Another beam lances down to join the others as the one that Virtue is practically riding cuts off. Hoke shears off to one side, avoiding getting ginsued by the deadly blades with a deft touch. After a very Very stressful 15 seconds for Tarran Nathaniel manages to get them off the footprint of the Facility, leaving the killing beams behind. 

[Michael Scan 4+1-1-1, AV sensors, stealth tech, background radiation] You only get a moments relief though as you leave the facility behind. Three heavy black pods fall through the cloud cover, bursting to reveal a pack of five missiles each per pod they spiral out to get some spread between members of each pack and then lock onto you. Those can't be good.

00:30 Until the compound explodes, being chased by 15 missles with thermobaric warheads. 

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 11:51:43 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Time is of the Essence.
« Reply #2386 on: April 12, 2011, 11:47:57 pm »

Now that the inertial dampeners are on nobody inside the ship will feel a thing from Hoke slinging the ship around this way and that, Tarran and Taric are the only ones with a view outside so they're the only ones with an immediate reason to panic.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Nathaniel is a leaf on the wind
« Reply #2387 on: April 12, 2011, 11:54:30 pm »

"Goddamn, Hoke, nice one! Keep it up, we've got missiles inbound!"

Shoot the missiles. Aim at the closest first.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: April 13, 2011, 12:10:30 am »

Here's hoping neither of our pilots ends up like Wash.

Dom picked up one of the plates, pleased with her success, and brought it to the cockpit, ignoring the strange feeling for the moment. "Hey Taric!" she said, perhaps a little more brightly than usual. "I found the kitchen. I'll leave this here for you," she said, setting the plate down near him and leaving to go get the next one. This one went all the way to Tarran in the back. "Hey, boss. I made some food. I'll set it down so you can get to it when you have a moment." Again she left without looking outside and went back to the kitchen to get the plate for Teague.

It didn't seem like he was up though, so she decided to head back to the kitchen... and on her way by a door she heard a pair of voices, male and female. Shifting about so she was holding the plate with her left hand, she drew the Abassy with her right and nudged the door open. "Hands up!" she yelled, coming around the door with the gun leading and completely unaware of how ridiculous she must have looked with a plate of steak and potatoes in mushroom sauce in one hand and a gun in the other.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: April 13, 2011, 01:13:55 am »

"Boy, I'm gonna-" Taric was interrupted by dom setting a plate of food near him. He did what not many people getting shot by a lot of missiles did. He started eating.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: April 13, 2011, 01:21:49 am »

Oh Taric I completely blanked on telling you what the copilot does, you operate the electronic warfare systems and defensive countermeasures. And eat steak, you definitely eat the steak.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: April 13, 2011, 01:24:01 am »

...fuck...

Operate the Countermeasures to down those missles. And eat the steak.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: April 13, 2011, 04:16:38 pm »

Second page, thou shall not take thee!

Come on powder, you've got a set-up for some great lines.

---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: April 13, 2011, 04:39:10 pm »

Yeah, I'm eager to see the resolution of this situation as well. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: April 13, 2011, 04:41:34 pm »

Happy friendly Computer: "You have been brought refreshments... *Pause* ...and a gun."
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: April 13, 2011, 04:48:51 pm »

:3 I'm considering just having Dom play along with the computer and interrogate James with a whole "answer my questions and get fed, refuse and get shot" shtick.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: April 13, 2011, 05:46:06 pm »

James wasn't amused. "OK. I want some serious friggin answers. WHY am I on this ship? WHY am I in the chair? And if I get another one of these answers, so help me- Wha? I can't exactly put my hands up, unless I tear this chair in half. And heck, you'd probably shoot me if I did that. So, I guess my best bet is to just keep my hands down."
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:48:59 pm by Powder Miner »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: April 13, 2011, 06:10:56 pm »

Dom raised an eyebrow. "I didn't realize you were locked up," she said, putting the gun away, and coming a bit closer. Not too close though, just in case, and set the plate down nearby to keep her hands free. "I'm not really fond of surprises, so try anything and you'll get one of your own. Namely, the sudden knowledge of exactly how much force a punch to the nose needs to break it, or anything else I feel like." Threats out of the way, it was time to find out who this guy was and if she could trust him. There was probably an intercom in the room; she'd find it in a minute and ask the boss what he thought when he wasn't so busy.

"So anyway, my name's Dominique Wakeman. I dunno why you're on the ship or in that chair, since I didn't even know you were hear until I heard you talking to the computer. Mind telling me who you are, how much you remember?" It was possible he had been abducted like her and the rest of her team. Still, she figured it was best to give him a chance to explain himself.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: April 13, 2011, 06:28:20 pm »

James shrugged- or as close as it he could come to restrained. "I didn't know I was locked up either until I woke up in here. I'm James Evans, And the Technocracy-" He shuddered for a moment after he said Technocracy, and he notice the Unchianed insignia. "-Shipped me to Zeus, with a few others- Their names were Callahan, Amos and Saun. I refused to follow any of the Technocracy's orders, wasn't Oriented, and there was a prisoner revolt. It all boiled down with me and Cal being locked up, Saun got into the Unchained, like you- That's why I think I can trust you-, and I don't know what happened to Amos. They proceeded to put me through some... dream torture... I managed to tear it apart, although I heard that Callahan did not survive. And then I woke up here."
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 602