Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526988 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Chapter I, In which a lot of people die.
« Reply #540 on: March 03, 2011, 01:22:35 am »

"Taric, follow me, let's get the bastards!"

Pocket my pistol, ready my riot shield and slowly march up right next to Echo/Lambda's position, without exposing myself too much.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 03, 2011, 02:44:19 am »

"RIGHT!" Use Tarran's shield as cover and aim at the figher getting up
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 03, 2011, 10:27:03 am »

"Inconsiderate"?

You know, failure to die on command isn't often labeled as inconsiderate.

yes, but trying to kill me is.   :P

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 03, 2011, 01:19:49 pm »

Spoiler: Initiative Rolls (click to show/hide)

Knife Foxtrot

Push Trol off, shoot him

[Deadeye End 3] With Trol's wrist grappled the Deadeye works to push Trol off and bring his gun hand to bear. [Deadeye str roll 3-1 pain Vs Trol str 1 (Bonus negated)] The weakened man's strength isn't great but Trol's foot slips backwards and he hydroplanes in the blood, letting the Deadeye get the knife out and bring Trol in into the path of his pistol. [Quickshot roll 6+1-1, confirm critical 4, Trol armor roll 2, critical confirmed.] The energy bolt whips out and strikes Trol low in the chest, [Trol Luck roll 2] opening the corner of a lung, parting flesh and burning bone. (Trol -40HP, punctured lung [Will need medical attention or a patch in 3 turns or will begin to suffer additional health damage])

---

Corporal Yvonne

Kill them already damnit

Yvonne continues firing on the position of the Echo and Lambda teams, [Quickshot roll 6, confirm critical 4, enemy luck 3, confirmed.][Selection roll 4, Kyle] this time the heavy bullet punches a hole in a soft spot on the barricade and exits through Kyle's forehead, killing him instantly.

Kyle has been killed.

---

Knife Echo

Wake up, Shoot Dom, and avoid losing control of the shield.

[Fighter end roll 3] His short nap seems to have done him some good, and his injuries while still severe don't hinder him to the point of uselessness. He raises his pistol on the first target he sees out of cover, [Quickshot roll 4-1 pain] and clips dominique's shoulder. [Dom armor roll 3] The armor takes must of the impact and the bullet barely grazes the flesh of her shoulder. (Dom -3 HP) [Deadeye end 3] The wounded Deadeye is able to remain conscious after being made into a pincushion [Will roll 3+1-2 severe pain] but he can't maintain the focus required to hold up a shield anymore.

---

Morgan Fehra

[End roll 3+1 brace] With her psionic brace keeping her weight off the damaged tissue she is able to prop herself over the barricade, firing on the largest group of Independents. [Quickshot roll 2-1] She still can't focus right though and her angle is bad, causing the laser slash to burn a mark into the floor.

---

Tarran Smith

"Taric, follow me, let's get the bastards!"

Pocket my pistol, ready my riot shield and slowly march up right next to Echo/Lambda's position, without exposing myself too much.

Telling Taric to fall in you unclip the shield from your back and holster you pistol, [Observation 3, dex 3] moving out of cover and trying keep yourself in the most minimal position of the Independent's firing arcs.

The range between you and the independent squads is now close.

---

Taric Sizier 

"RIGHT!" Use Tarran's shield as cover and aim at the figher getting up

You use Tarran as cover and take aim on one of the Independent Fighters.

---

Trol Grane

Kick this inconsiderate asshole in the face, then grab my a shotgun and get under cover

[end roll 5] You grit your teeth and keep your mind off what happened to Ceal last time this played out. You let yourself slip backwards in the blood, falling on your back and trying to kick the deadeye in the face to get more momentum. [Melee 1 (Bonus negated) Vs Dex 6] Fuck, the Deadeye grabs your ankle and points his pistol down your leg at your face. You're grappled, lying down, and you don't think you can take another shot of this shit.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Grimacing, Dom took the shot, then dropped. She would hide behind cover for the moment, use the time to search Mandon and Constantine. Maybe if she was lucky she could find some medical supplies and ammo.

[soak roll 4] You take the shots without letting them interfere with your aim and you open fire. [Marksman roll 2] Despite all that aiming you miss, you wish you knew more about guns. You quickly drop back behind cover and rifle through the bloody bodies for anything useful. [Observation roll 1] You find nothing in your speed search of the bloody mess, and you accidentally stick your hand through what you thought was a pocket and into Constantine's lower body. Ugh.

---

Knife Lambda

Reload and keep firing.

[Jeremy End roll 5+1]As Kyle jerks and dies Jeremy completely shakes off the pain his body is feeling as adrenaline floods his system, putting his mind into a curiously relaxed state. [Dex 2] His mind may be relaxed but his body is shaking from the surge of adrenaline, fear, and the unfelt pain, making him fumble his reload.

Jeremy is feeling no pain.

---
Warning: Dominique's health is below 50%
DANGER: Trol's health is below 25%

STATUS

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Status of allies unknown.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 08:25:19 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 03, 2011, 01:20:35 pm »

"Inconsiderate"?

You know, failure to die on command isn't often labeled as inconsiderate.

yes, but trying to kill me is.   :P

What do you mean "trying"?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Open fire!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh god Trollan you are nearly dead. Sorry, but saving you would be against my roleplaying.

Mow down the remainders of Echo and Lambda!
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile

Fuck.

Kick the gun out of this tool's hand, then BEAT HIM TO DEATH

Also, could I rejoin the waiting list with a new character?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Also, could I rejoin the waiting list with a new character?

^ This, on the off-chance. I'm not in as bad a shape as him but it could happen. o.O

Dom popped out of cover and observed the situation. It looked like Trol was in serious trouble, so she fired a round at the guy standing over him. Maybe at the least she could distract him and give her ally a chance to escape.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sure, once the throngs of rabid players who are practically chewing my arms off have played.

Oh yes, there aren't any. How silly of me.  ;D If one of you dies I'll update the creation sheet to include the alterations brought on by the current situation.

Trol, you do remember that you don't have to beat people to death with physical weapons? The whole "I can kill you with my brain" deal really does work.

Running turn shortly.

---

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile

Trol, you do remember that you don't have to beat people to death with physical weapons? The whole "I can kill you with my brain" deal really does work.

Running turn shortly.
oh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah.....

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Initiative Rolls (click to show/hide)

Corporal Yvonne

Shoot somebody else

Yvonne continues firing on the massed independents, [quickshot 1 (Bonus negated), Luck roll 4] the barricade shifts under her arm slightly making the shot go wild and twisting her wrist. (-1 to next shooting roll)

---

Knife Lambda

Reload and fire on Yvonne

[Observation 3, failed] [Dex roll 3] Jeremy reloads and twists around to shoot at Yvonne, trying to avenge his fallen comrade. [Quickshot roll 3+1] His aim is good and several bullets strike her. [Yvonne Armor roll 4+1 med] The gauss rounds find only thick plates of armor, and they spark off quickly.

---

Dominique Wakeman
Dom popped out of cover and observed the situation. It looked like Trol was in serious trouble, so she fired a round at the guy standing over him. Maybe at the least she could distract him and give her ally a chance to escape.

You catch Trol getting shot out of the corner of your eye and you shift to fire against his aggressor, [Quickshot roll 5-1 range] striking the man [Deadeye armor roll 2] and punching a bloody hole through his body.

Deadeye has been slain, Foxtrot squad has been destroyed.

---

Taric Sizier

Open fire!

You fire on the Independent fighter with Echo group. [Marksman 5+1, confirm critical 4, Fighter armor 2-3, critical confirmed] Your laser pulse slices into his chest, boiling the fluids in his heart and lungs and killing him in mere moments.

Independent Fighter has been killed.

---

Tarran Smith

Mow down the remainders of Echo and Lambda!

Keeping your shield up you fire the last of your clip on the remainders of the two squads. [Quickshot roll 3] [Luck roll 1] Only about half the spikes hit the fighter firing on Yvonne [Armor 1] but they punch through the soft armor at the base of his back. (Jeremy is near death)

---

Morgan Fehra

Shoot Jeremy

[End roll 6+1 brace] Morgan distances herself from the pain of her wound and fires on the Independent peaking over his barricade. [Quickshot roll 3] Part of the broadbeam pulse hits him [Armor roll 3-2 Cohesion modifier] and the edge of the blade slashes a furrow through the side of his head.

Jeremy has been killed, Lambda team has been destroyed.

---

Knife Echo

Surrender

As the last members of the group around him fall the Wounded deadeye drops his weapon offers his hands palm up in surrender.

---

Trol Grane

Action no longer applicable, free action granted.

---

Warning: Dominique's health is below 50%
DANGER: Trol's health is below 25%

Spoiler: Neutral (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Status of allies unknown.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Chapter I, End of Combat! (4s abound)
« Reply #552 on: March 03, 2011, 11:12:51 pm »

"Taric, punch that guy in the face for me please." Head over to Trol and see if I can help his wounds.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 03, 2011, 11:14:31 pm »

Dom grit her teeth and fell back against the barricade. "Fuck," she muttered. That seemed to cover the whole situation. "Yo, you all right over there?" she called over to Trol as she went back to search the bodies again - carefully, this time. There was no rush now.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 04, 2011, 12:48:28 am »

Go towards the group, grabbing the shotgun. Just calm down, focus on all the shiny new toys i can buy
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 602