Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527163 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Chapter I, In which Tarran is severely burned.
« Reply #495 on: February 28, 2011, 04:00:28 pm »

"Keep me covered and I'll be able to pick them off"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 28, 2011, 05:18:36 pm »

"We need to take them by surprise. Kill and cripple as many as possible before they can act. Taric, take out the ones with the big guns. Dominique, charge and take out the closest to us. Trol, charge and take out the second closest to us. I'll try to wound as many as I can with a quick burst. Afterwards it's a free-for-all. Sound good?"
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 28, 2011, 05:31:44 pm »

"Sounds good, I'll head in after everyone else"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 28, 2011, 06:53:32 pm »

Follow out with my plan. Spray and pray enemies, aiming for the ones with the least armor.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 28, 2011, 07:22:18 pm »

"Got it." Dom rushed out, going straight for the closest independant to shield-bash him down. She would then shoot him while he was down while keeping her shield between herself and the rest of the enemies.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 28, 2011, 07:24:29 pm »

Follow Tarran's plan. Move in and target the ones with any sort of weapons apart from smg, pistols and batons.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 01, 2011, 03:06:34 am »

Spoiler: Initiative Rolls (click to show/hide)

Tarran Smith

"We need to take them by surprise. Kill and cripple as many as possible before they can act. Taric, take out the ones with the big guns. Dominique, charge and take out the closest to us. Trol, charge and take out the second closest to us. I'll try to wound as many as I can with a quick burst. Afterwards it's a free-for-all. Sound good?"

Your group charges through the double doors much to the surprise of the independent squads, the groups near you barely manage to squawk before you open fire on them. You spray a group of three near the middle of the room with spikes, [Quick shot roll 4+1] and every one finds a mark. [Independent Armor rolls 1, 3, 2] One of them goes down immediately, blood blossoming from the supple armor around the neck. The second yells and flails, dropping his weapon as a number of spikes embed themselves in the joints of his right arm. The last takes a number of darts to the stomach [Independent Soak 3] but manages to keep control of himself despite the obvious pain inflicted.

One Independent Killed. Right arm of another crippled. One Independent knife leader wounded.

(Initiative roll 7 or better, I'll process the next action you want to take as a free action)

---

Dominique Wakeman

"Got it." Dom rushed out, going straight for the closest independent to shield-bash him down. She would then shoot him while he was down while keeping her shield between herself and the rest of the enemies.

As Tarran slams the doors open you charge forward, shield leading into the nearest independent Knife squad. [Dex 4] You sprint the distance in moments, giving the first independents little time to prepare for your charge. [Passive Kinetics 4] The noise and light around you dim slightly as you unthinkingly convert the energy from passive sound and light into raw kinetic power. [4+2+1 Kinetic boost, confirm critical 5, Independent luck roll 3, critical confirmed] You ram the first unfortunate person, his body literally splattering against your shield before flying back a full thirty yards with no visible trajectory and hitting the far wall with with an audible crunch. You keep your shield to the occupied side of the room and let loose on two independents remaining next to you with your pistol, [Quickshot roll 5] at point blank range the small pistol barely has room to miss. [Independent Armor roll  2, 3] The first takes the brunt of the burst, getting her ribs and a good portion of her arm shredded by the diminutive bullets. The other's armor stops a few of the bullets but not all, and blood darkens the armor quickly.

Independent Knife leader killed. One independent crippled and severely wounded, one independent wounded.

---

Corporal Yvonne

Seize the advantage and thank whatever God is willing to listen

The mission had gone from bad to worse, and now the new recruits were trying to save her ass. A body flew from somewhere near the western entrance, hitting the wall with the sound of every bone being broken by the other. Holy shit, they were saving her ass and winning. Instinct still told her that the battle was a bad one if the independents got over their surprise enough to realize they were in a crossfire, time to take a chance. Standing up from behind the barrier the Corporal lets loose a primal roar and flings her hand generally in the direction of one of the independent Knife teams. [Slam 5' focus 3] (Yvonne -25 Stamina) A wave of force ripples away from her, slamming into barricade of tables that covered an Independent team. Five-thousand newtons of kinetic energy slammed into the barrier, turning most of it into flying debris. [Independent dex roll 4, 2] One manages to drop in time, removing himself from harms way... the other isn't so quick, [Independent luck roll 4] but he is lucky. After being pushed back more than ten feet by a current of spinning junk he comes to a stop a little battered but largely unharmed.

One independent is barely injured.

---

Taric Sizier

Follow Tarran's plan. Move in and target the ones with any sort of weapons apart from smg, pistols and batons.

You move into the room after Dom, scanning for a good target. [Observation 2+1] You spot a man with an automatic rifle of some kind and start sighting in.

---

Morgan Fehra

Ow...

The energy burn on her leg had cauterized itself, but the body doesn't let you forget wounds that go to the bone. [End roll 3] She doesn't pass out from the agony of having part of her now blackened tibia exposed to the air, but she certainly isn't in any shape to fight.

---

Independent Knife squad Lambda

Get the fuck out of the open

In their surprise at the new group of Unchained they forgot for a moment about Yvonne and her remnants behind the shield. They were forcibly reminded when she bashed apart their cover with a wave of her hand. Jeremy saw it coming, barely, and hit the deck. The unchained bitch was way, way out of his league. Kyle didn't see it, and got rag-dolled backwards along with the cover. Shit, what the hell did they have to go through to kill eight measly idiots armed with hand-me-downs. The two independent soldiers scrambled up and away [Luck roll 4] managing to avoid the worst of the cover fire from the Unchained. As they slid behind the barricade previously used by the Echo group they came to the shocking realization that all of it's occupants were wounded, and one was quite dead. Fuck.

Lambda squad under cover from Yvonne's group with the remains of Echo group.

---

Independent squad Kappa

Panic, shoot somebody

ShitshitshitshitSHIT! That... THING just killed the Deadeye! That was about what Fighter Constantine had time to think before Dom introduced her to the business end of an automatic pistol, Mandon had similar feelings but a less personal introduction to the pistol. [Constantine end roll 3] Newly crippled, stunned, and bleeding heavily Constantine just stares in shock, [Mandon End 3] Mandon's wounds aren't as severe and he manages to point his pistol somewhat at the aggressor. [Independent quickshot roll 3-1 pain] The shot goes mostly wild, only clipping Dom's arm with the heavy .50 caliber slug. [Dominique Armor roll 3] The clumsy shot tears only a thin graze across her arm before whizzing by. (Dom HP -5)

---

Trol Grane

"got it." Put my knife in the dude's back

You're a little behind the others in your charge out the door but you spot your target immediately, a group of four about 20' forwards and 30' right of the group Dom is handling. Preparing for melee you sprint forwards [Dex roll 4] managing to close the distance with speed, if not grace or style. You keep your knife low, trying to surprise the first with a quick stab under the breastbone and into the heart. [Luck 2] [Melee roll 3 Vs Dex 4] The man seems to have significant experience and deftly twists to the side of your attack, letting you lunge still farther forwards. [Fighting roll 4+1 Vs Luck 3] You don't let your speed go to waste though, and even as the first turns you aside you pivot on your heel spinning with your knife arm extended. There's barely any resistance as you slit a soldier's throat. With a gurgle and a flash of crimson the Independent falls, and you go into a fighters crouch drawing your pistol in your left hand.

one Independent killed.

---

Jamie Teague

Hold the shield

Praise all for the assistance but this shield is still all that stands between him and a dozen angry independents who want nothing more than his death. At least the support is making sure no one is actually shooting at the barrier now, maintenance like this is practically a walk in the park.

---

Independent Squad Echo

Hold fast, assemble a shield

The Deadeye of the Echo Knife had almost forgotten how much being shot in the gut hurt, he thought he could have done without the reminder though. As the remaining members of the Lambda squad duck under cover with him he realizes just how much danger their in. [End 5] No damn time for pain he mutters and focuses on the image of a wall in his mind. [Wall, Kevlar. 3] The barrier comes to life, if only just. The pain in his gut would preclude its use long term but it might buy enough time for the others to throw the Unchained back to their shit hole.

---

Independent Captain

Shoot the one with the Knife, order a regroup.

What the Fuck is going on? The captain thinks as some knife wielding lunatic whips towards him, knife low for the killing stab. The Captain evades with practice and skill, but the interloper isn't finished and turns his sprint into a spin that cuts a Fighter's throat to the bone. Bastard. The captain levels his Irin at Trol and fires, [Quickshot 4 Vs Trol Precognition 3+1] at the same moment trol spins to the side and throws his knife at the captain's head. [Captain luck roll 1] "FU-" The Former captian's head whips back, Trol's knife handle sticking out of one eye socket. [Trol luck roll 5] The Captain's Irin had jerked to one side as he pulled the trigger, and the blast of heat and light misses Trol by a handspan.

The Independent Captain has been killed.

---

Independent Squad Foxtrot

What in hellfire?!

Death incarnate just attacked you, you're sure of it. First he slits Cet's throat and then he kills the captain with the same knife. [Will roll 4] Keep it together, he's just human. We can still win this.

(Initiative Roll 0 or lower, creature loses this turn's actions and can only take involuntary rolls.) 

STATUS

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Status of allies unknown.

(Removed your burns because I realized they were violating my rule of fun, if you really want them back I'll put them there.)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 06:17:41 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Chapter I, In which a lot of people die.
« Reply #503 on: March 01, 2011, 03:36:52 am »

"TAKE THAT SNIPER OUT!" Fire at the Assault rife gunner
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 03:43:55 am by Taricus »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 01, 2011, 03:42:53 am »

Umm... I know I attacked with a wall of text but that's who you're already aiming at.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 01, 2011, 03:53:53 am »

Unload into Team Foxtrot until they're dead or my clip is out while shouting as bloodthirsty as I can: "DIE YOU SUCKERS!".

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 01, 2011, 03:54:44 am »

A one on the check for the yell would be hilarious  :D

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 01, 2011, 03:55:51 am »

A one on the check for the yell would be hilarious  :D
On the other hand, a 5 would make them shit their pants. :P

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 01, 2011, 03:56:51 am »

Win/Win either way.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 01, 2011, 09:11:46 am »

Indeed. I don't know which I'd rather see, actually. And Trol was on that round. o.o

Dom snarled at the man who had shot at her, a bloodthirsty grin on her face. They were scared. Everyone who had fought her got scared, sooner or later. She dropped the empty chimera and went for the other one in her belt; the girl wasn't fighting back at the moment, but the man was, so he was going to be her first target. Once she was finished with them, she could take his higher-caliber pistol and put it to use against the independents huddling together.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 602