Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527954 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Chapter I, OH GOD, THE TEXT!
« Reply #300 on: February 18, 2011, 10:15:43 pm »

"an anti-armor rifle and some light body armor, please"
You're not getting any ammo? Sir, what use is a gun without ammo?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 18, 2011, 11:25:06 pm »

Maybe he can beg Taric to lend him the RC to buy some ammunition, Dom won't have quite as much as you two did though. (Lower Unchained Reputation.)

Or he can try betting on a fight down in training with his 5RC...
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 18, 2011, 11:57:53 pm »

Head to the signifier
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 19, 2011, 12:02:45 am »

oops, thought it came with some... Revising now...

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 19, 2011, 12:52:58 am »

Any weapon you order will come with one full magazine, which in the case of the Ichneumon is one round.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 19, 2011, 01:54:22 am »

Any weapon you order will come with one full magazine, which in the case of the Ichneumon is one round.
Oh, I thought they came with nothing.

Still, one shot isn't going to do much. Not unless you roll a 5 on asking all your enemies to line up and stand still. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 19, 2011, 02:06:57 am »

Again?

Jeez, make up your mind...  :P Don't worry about it too hard at this point, there will be looting aplenty when you start fighting people.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 19, 2011, 02:09:08 am »

I call dibs on the first shield armour.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 19, 2011, 03:32:28 am »

Dominique frowned and got back to her feet. She wasn't leaving the training arena until she'd won a fight. For now, she'd scope out the competition, see who looked like a good opponent. Maybe she could learn something from the next one she fought.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 19, 2011, 04:24:34 am »

Character: Dominique Wakeman

Dominique frowned and got back to her feet. She wasn't leaving the training arena until she'd won a fight. For now, she'd scope out the competition, see who looked like a good opponent. Maybe she could learn something from the next one she fought.

You start walking the rounds again, there really isn't much rhyme or reason to who gets to fight who, just whoever happened to be ready at the time.  There are occasionally challenge fights, where two people square off with one another. These seem to have special significance though, and there is a flurry of betting before each. [Luck 4] It looks like you may have the option to get caught up in one, some little prick swaggers up to you, chest puffed out and chin up. You manage to resist the urge to place an uppercut into jawbone and a knuckle in his stomach. "So you're the new girl, must not have been much of a fall if you came through it all right. Saw you get beaten by Jacob, bet I could take you." You stare at him for a minute, and he puffs himself up even more. "Yeah, I bet five credits I could take you."  Your challenger is short and broad, fairly well muscled but without your reach. [Intuition roll 5] From the way he singled you out after you lost either means he wants to inflate his ego by making you automatically refuse, or he's looking to increase his status by fighting a weaker opponent. If so he's making a mistake, you're pretty sure you can take this idiot. 

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Tarran Smith

"Jeez, they value this equipment more than our lives? Ehh, give me a Renfield SMG and 4 .115 clips."

[Speech roll 1 Bonus negated] Your remark over the price of the items raises the Signifer's brow. "Cassandra is taking a chance on you people, the fact that she's willing to part with anything should show you how much she does value your life. This isn't earth, get used to it." After the Signifer is done being unnecessarily curt he punches a few buttons on his terminal, after a couple minutes a broad man comes through carrying what you ordered. As you pack it into your suit you feel fortunate that when the unchained modified the suit the added weapon holsters onto the suit itself. The Signifer addresses you once you get the last bit of it seated. "Your account now stands empty, have a nice day." Sonofabitch just stiffed you 2RC not much but still irritating, you consider complaining but you probably will need to get something else out of this guy later. You grumble impotently.

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Trol Grane

"Chimera pistol, light armor, and as much ammo for the pistol as i can buy."

Tarran gets done with his shopping first, he says something to earn a scowl from the signifer. You wonder what his redeeming quality is, he can't find his bearings at all, the last two people you've seen him talk to have reacted with hostility, and Taric told you that the man is a terrorist. Once he gets done processing his order and grabbing his stuff you tell the Signifer what you need. "A suit of LBA, a Chimera pistol, and 2 clips for it." The signifer barely nods and soon enough your items are brought out to you. "You have 3 RC left in your account."

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Taric Sizier

Head to the signifier

You ask one of your new friends where the Signifer is, [Speech roll 3+1] and he gives your fairly good directions back through the garage and into the observation tower. After saying your thanks you set out, [Intuition roll 5+2 prepared] you find your way there on the first try. As you enter the office you are surprised to find Tarran an Trol already there. The sight of Tarran with an SMG again is more than a little disturbing. You make a note to never stand in front of that man when that gun is out of the holster. You walk up to the Signifer's desk. "Name?" the man barks out by the time you're half there, and holy Christ does that man have a voice. [Subterfuge roll 1] You stare at the horrorshow of the man's ruined throat for a few minutes. He notices. You don't recover well. "Uh, yeah my name is, uh, Taric Sizier." You can only hope you didn't offend the man or anything. He reviews his terminal. "Another one of the newcomers, Cassandra allotted you 40 RC to spend, but Gary from the lab wired you another 20 RC for services rendered." You can't quite take your eyes off his throat. [Luck roll 3] "Look kid, don't take this personal but the staring is getting weird. Your account stands at 60 RC, get want you need." He hands a pad over to you, listing the prices for the items.

WTF is wrong with you tax added, your total purchase cost is increased by 3%.

Spoiler: Tarric Sizier (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 04:30:22 am by Draignean »
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 19, 2011, 04:27:55 am »

"I have some improvements to the broadbeam rifles, do you mind if I try and upgrade them?"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 19, 2011, 04:31:50 am »

The Signifer looks at you for a couple seconds. "What do with your stuff is your business, after you get it feel free to knock yourself out."
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 19, 2011, 04:33:53 am »

"Ok, a broadbeam and a combat armour please."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 19, 2011, 04:34:55 am »

Dominique gave him a long, slow look, one that said she'd appraised him and he just wasn't worth her time. However, that was only the beginning of her taunting. "Five credits?" she asked. "Guess you know you don't have a shot at winning. But whatever, I'll be more than happy to take your cash." She took a few steps back. "Come on, then. Maybe if you're lucky you'll only need a few days in the hospital."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 602