Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148265 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #1440 on: June 16, 2013, 09:40:59 pm »

No he killed Priscilla and the blind spider witch. You monster.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: June 16, 2013, 09:44:23 pm »

And, as mentioned before, I also hate Sif.  I relished killing him and considered just dropping his soul, but decided consuming it was much nicer.
Shoes...

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: June 16, 2013, 10:04:10 pm »

And, as mentioned before, I also hate Sif.  I relished killing him and considered just dropping his soul, but decided consuming it was much nicer.

Why? He's just a dog guarding his master's grave from robbers.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: June 16, 2013, 10:24:01 pm »

Greatshield of Artorias is Best Shield.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: June 16, 2013, 10:29:57 pm »

I can't use it, so why bother making it?

Anyway, he pissed me off real bad while fighting Manus.  My Boss-Destroyer 9000 only works if I can fully buff it and kill the boss before Darkmoon Blade expires, and since Manus is so ridiculously aggressive I needed Sif to help.  He didn't do jack shit.  I basically had to intentionally bring Manus to Sif or he'd just circle around watching him.  He also died in the fight, having dealt negligible damage.

I hate him.
Shoes...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: June 17, 2013, 03:17:42 am »

Damn, now I be wanting the DLC. If I'm not missing out on much with multiplayer, surely I'm missing out on the DLC. Except for retard phantoms, apparently.

I feel really bad, my bro got past the bell gargoyles, then while the controller's set down, I try to pick it up to show him something, accidentally powerattack the Pardoner...

Twas over a week ago now, he's in Anor Londo cursing about the Drake Sword or something, but I still feel bad.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: June 17, 2013, 12:59:56 pm »

Damn, now I be wanting the DLC. If I'm not missing out on much with multiplayer, surely I'm missing out on the DLC. Except for retard phantoms, apparently.

I feel really bad, my bro got past the bell gargoyles, then while the controller's set down, I try to pick it up to show him something, accidentally powerattack the Pardoner...

Twas over a week ago now, he's in Anor Londo cursing about the Drake Sword or something, but I still feel bad.
Drake sword in Anor Londo is ridiculously underpowered...

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: June 17, 2013, 01:17:55 pm »

Nope, the Furtive Pygmy's soul isn't one of the ones you gather. Nito's soul is mostly unchanged, just weakened. The Witch of Izalith's soul was basically transferred to the Bed of Chaos. Seath did not find a lord soul like the others; his was granted a fragment of one for his betrayal of the dragons. And the Four Kings aren't given much lore info, but they were also granted fragments of a lord soul.

You'll learn about the Pygmy's soul if you defeat the Four Kings before placing the Lordvessel with Frampt.

Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: June 17, 2013, 01:34:59 pm »

I also love the aesthetics, all of them.  I remember reaching the Kiln of the First Flame and thinking, "You know what isn't here in significant quantities?  Fire"

Artorias also strikes me as really well done, design-wise.  His movements are perfect, he moves like he's been possessed by something that's still getting acquainted with how human bodies are supposed to move (and that's precisely what's happened!).  I love the flip animation he does, he's like a ragdoll.
Shoes...

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: June 17, 2013, 01:44:12 pm »

I also love the aesthetics, all of them.  I remember reaching the Kiln of the First Flame and thinking, "You know what isn't here in significant quantities?  Fire"

Artorias also strikes me as really well done, design-wise.  His movements are perfect, he moves like he's been possessed by something that's still getting acquainted with how human bodies are supposed to move (and that's precisely what's happened!).  I love the flip animation he does, he's like a ragdoll.

Huh, possessed you say? By what? I thought he was just driven mad by losing his humanity to the abyss... I also got the impression that the abyss was just the far-reaching influence of Magnus, and is in essence the ultimate corruption that can be achieved by the Dark Soul. That's why it makes other humanities go wild.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: June 17, 2013, 04:36:13 pm »

I hate the DLC areas.
Starts of with a boss that is unreasonable to fight without a shield.
Big forest full of two enemies: one kind of fast and weak, one slow and powerful, both bad in groups (if you have no AoE attacks).
Dragon that I haven't personally fought.
Artorias, who can only be reasonably fought with a good shield and not-slow weapon.
Oolacile Township: more paths than the Tomb of Giants, enemies set up for ambush, min/max PvP.
Chasm of the Abyss is dark, pathway inept, and full of enemies that cause damage upon contact.
Final boss has been argued as the hardest in the game.
And if you complete the Sif sequence you may actually cry.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: June 17, 2013, 04:53:09 pm »

Pfff!  I did Sanctuary Guardian and Artorias without a shield, you'll be fine.  Oolacile Township can be rough in the lower parts (the stairway with two sorcerers still gives me nightmares) but the rest is pretty easy.

Manus is pretty hard, yes, and we all know how I feel about Sif so I won't rehash that.
Shoes...

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: June 17, 2013, 04:57:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Starts of with a boss that is unreasonable to fight without a shield.
Dragon that I haven't personally fought.
I killed him without a shield, then killed the double guardian that spawns there once you kill manus. Your argument is invalid. :)
The dragon is the best fight in the game in my opinion. I enjoyed every moment of attempting to take off his tail for several nail biting hours!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 05:01:55 pm by Jelle »

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: June 17, 2013, 05:41:59 pm »

Ahh, the DLC. From what I saw, they essentially went "How do most people play this game? WELL FUCK THEM." I had to change everything I was doing to get through successfuly. But then it was smooth.

Spoiler: My approach to the DLC (click to show/hide)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: June 17, 2013, 06:15:30 pm »

My approach:

Fight as normal (power within, DMB, two-hand Ricard's Rapier and press R2.

When that doesn't work, get mad.

Try again.

Keep trying.

Get madder.

Do the  same thing until you get lucky.

Well!  What is it!  Well!  What is it!  Well!  What is it!  Well!  What is it! 
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 127