Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148214 times)

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #1470 on: June 18, 2013, 12:43:15 pm »

Finally got past that bullshit Bed of Chaos. Rejoined the Cat Covenant for the third time, being as fickle as ever. Now I just need to find my way through the New Londo Ruins, and I'm making good progress there.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: June 18, 2013, 01:29:06 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Further support for Dark Souls 2 being a prequel:
There appears to be fire magic. In one of the videos, the player casts a flame from the same wand as other magic.
Quote from: Izalith Catalyst
Catalyst of the Witch of Izalith of long ago, when her daughters were still flame witches, before they were engulfed by the Chaos Flame. Before the birth of pyromancy, their wands were mediums for sorcery, but knowledge of this flame sorcery has long since vanished.

Hmm, I'm fairly certain that Dark Souls 2 is happening at roughly the same time. They said it will be related, but not a direct sequel. *Shrug* From are huge trolls though, for which I love them.

How could it? Dragons are still around in it, and it's been pretty well established that they're pretty close to extinct by the time Dark Souls 1 takes place.

I'd like to continue this discussion, but I suggest we take it to [DS2] thread.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: June 18, 2013, 05:44:10 pm »

Well, I finally got to Gwyn, Lord of Cinder. Figured the final boss had to either be him or the Flame itself. Anything I really ought to do before beating the game? Are there quests that influence the ending?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: June 18, 2013, 06:08:18 pm »

There are only two endings. Basically, one from each serpent, but you can do either regardless of serpent alliance.
Spoiler: Quite simply (click to show/hide)

You may want to go kill NPCs and revisit areas before ending, but that's up to you. Kindle every bonfire, if you have the humanity - bonfires remain kindled in NG+, whereas you have to get the Rite of Kindling again before you can use it. Collect every pyromancy/miracle/spell that you plan to use because you can have multiples in NG+. Upgrade any weapons you want but haven't yet.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: June 18, 2013, 06:30:05 pm »

Kill all the NPC's? But don't they only drop Humanity, which I can farm from rats?

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: June 18, 2013, 06:35:53 pm »

Kill all the NPC's? But don't they only drop Humanity, which I can farm from rats?

No, some of them, in fact, quite a lot, drop unique items.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: June 18, 2013, 06:52:00 pm »

Well, I've already killed Logan and Laurentis, seeing as they went hollow and Stark Raving Mad, respectively. Does sin carry over?

Also, how does NG+ multiplayer work? Is your online world only shared by others in NG+?

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: June 18, 2013, 06:55:11 pm »

NG+ multiplayer works exactly the same, you're just a higher level. AFAIK NGers can play with you as usual if they're high-leveled enough.

Here's a handy page for you: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/New+Game+Plus
Anything we'll tell you can probably be found there.

EDIT: Sin does not carry over, so you can do as you wish right before the end.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 07:01:45 pm by Lectorog »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: June 18, 2013, 08:19:46 pm »

Level restrictions are the only thing that matter.  You can get a shitload of free souls if you're lucky enough to get summoned to NG+ Quelaag or Gargoyles at a low level, they're pretty easy.

The only real multiplayer effect of NG+ is that you can only see Gravelord Black Phantoms in NG+ or higher, which is probably for the best because even at high levels most of them are fucked up.

Also dang, Murakumo is hard to use.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 08:24:40 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: June 18, 2013, 09:55:36 pm »

The only real multiplayer effect of NG+ is that you can only see Gravelord Black Phantoms in NG+ or higher, which is probably for the best because even at high levels most of them are fucked up.
I've seen this multiple times, but I can't find anything to back it up. Does anyone have links to confirmation that being gravelorded is only possible in NG+?

I've developed a comprehensive guide for fighting Kalameet:
Block every physical attack.
Run to dodge every flame attack.
Roll to dodge the eye attack.
Hit once or twice between attacks.
Kalameet is a fun boss, and not very bad if you don't let your guard down or get too cocky.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: June 18, 2013, 09:58:39 pm »

Well, guess it doesn't matter, seeing as I don't have Live. Also, past SL 120 multiplayer is disabled?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: June 18, 2013, 10:06:34 pm »

No, but SL120 is the general popular PvP level.  It's high enough for characters to be tough enough to take some hits and still very effective in their chosen specialty, while not taking too long to reach.  Lower levels you either can't do damage or can't take a hit, which is why pre-80 or so everyone uses elemental weapons.

Past 120 you find fewer and fewer good players to PvP with.
Shoes...

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: June 18, 2013, 10:11:39 pm »

Not true, you can reach optimal damage at 60. Your just have to learn to live with the lower health and stamina.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: June 18, 2013, 10:15:39 pm »

I've seen this multiple times, but I can't find anything to back it up. Does anyone have links to confirmation that being gravelorded is only possible in NG+?
I get messages that Gravelord Servants have been defeated, but never see any special enemies.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: June 18, 2013, 10:30:17 pm »

Here Miyazaki says that the NG+ thing is "almost true."

Testing by players has shown that while everything else works at any level, the actual phantoms will almost never spawn unless you're at least NG+
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 127