Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 110

Author Topic: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 126: Booze Mist Rising]  (Read 299136 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

I'm here as always.

Where the hell IS HEN? He's had since a long ass time!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

He's active, maybe he just forgot. You should PM him.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile

Woo hoo!  It's alive!  I'm alive!  I like living.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Cepheid

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What is this sanity you speak of?
    • View Profile

I spent all of last week and the weekend reading and laughing hard at this, with some displeasure.  Going into laughing fits shortly after having your wisdom teeth ripped HORRIBLY OH MY GODS from your mouth is not conducive to healing or you know, not being in pain.

It was a fun read, though, despite the pain.
Feel free to pester me via MSN and such.  I don't bite, and I'm always looking for new and interesting people to talk to.

Also, I'm crazy.  Like a FOX!

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Opps, didn't notice this.
Meta: Try to bandage the wound
CLEANZOR: Exact my revenge!
Fantasy: Follow Urist
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello? *Clears out some dust* Anyone home?
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

TFBeyond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nooo...! It can't end now, I just finished reading! ;_;

FAKEEDIT: This thread is hilarious. I have no idea how you keep up with it all and forge ahead at the same time.

Also, Derm, you are an unholy monster. Spawned from the blackest abyss and dropped into this otherwise comparitively innocent endeavour, specifically to cause chaos, mayhem, pain, loss and confusion. Carry on the good work.

Frelock, you are perhaps the unluckiest sonofa- that ever lived. Sorry about that.

Divide, keep on Dorfin'. You're doing the mountainhome proud... I think.

HEN... never have I seen so much owed by so many to so few a mop.

Monk - I can't decide whether you're an awesome or a terrible MacGuyver. Please advise.

and finally Gatleos... you've got the patience of a saint, the processing power of a mainframe and the twisted imagination of a mad genius. Bravo.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 02:38:04 pm by TFBeyond »

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile

and finally Gatleos... you've got the patience of a saint, the processing power of a mainframe and the twisted imagination of a mad genius. Bravo.

This has so far proven true. Unfortunately, Gatleos also has the scheduling capabilities of a half drowned monkey, which is why updates are sporadic, and occasionally often infrequent.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, Derm, you are an unholy monster. Spawned from the blackest abyss and dropped into this otherwise comparitively innocent endeavour, specifically to cause chaos, mayhem, pain, loss and confusion. Carry on the good work.

Thank you, thank you!

And then it turns out I'm the final boss and ALLACCORDINGTOPLAN.

TFBeyond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you, thank you!

And then it turns out I'm the final boss and ALLACCORDINGTOPLAN.

This makes too much sense not to be true. Damnit, Derm! Spoilers!

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

Again, I've been spending the last week or so picking up the pieces of my shattered life computer. But I'm back now, let's get this party (re)started!

**********~
Turn 125
**********~

META TURN:

Time to up the arsenal.

Goals
Find the keycard stations.

Current Soundtrack
Elevator Room

Actions
RW: Get to the labs and gather parts like because my life depends on it.
(...) Choosing to put off examination of the plight of your fictional split personality until later, you step onto the telepad and beam up to the main telechamber. You then run down the hall, mash the M1 button on the elevator control panel, step out into the lab, and begin rummaging through the assorted implements on the table. You soon come across two bottles: one labeled "Xorochemaxiline", the other labeled "Do Not Mix With Xorochemaxiline". You pocket them both.
Meta: Inform non-pirate/hippo hallucination that he is from the future, double-u tee eff, then explore the rest of the room.
(...) You look around the room a bit, but don't notice anything too important. You look at <UNNAMED APPARITION>. <UNNAMED APPARITION> shrugs.
Meta: Test gun on something non-important looking, and preferably far away
(...) You immediately point the gun at the nearest cryo-tank and pull the trigger! The tank shatters, sending sharp shards of glass flying around the room!

Cool, it's like the Gravity Gu- AAAUUUUGH
  • Frederick: (...) You get a face-full of glass! Your face is sliced quite thoroughly.
  • Monk: (...) The glass skims past you as you drop to the floor, scraping your back!
  • Derek: (...) You quickly duck under the table to avoid the flying glass!
The same disgusting fluid flows out of the shattered tank, and the deformed monstrosity within falls to the floor.

...And then gets back up again.
RW: Yeah... follow someone.
(...) You follow Derm over to the teleporter. Suddenly, you're tackled onto the teleporter and beamed up to the telechamber! Cleanz0r chases you down the hall toward the elevator! You run into the elevator and smash the M1 button, but Cleanz0r gets inside too! He rolls all over you with his treads. The elevator arrives in the laboratory. You hear something made of glass shatter loudly, and then a loud roar!
Meta: Try to bandage the wound
CLEANZOR: Exact my revenge!

(...) You grab a discarded piece of paper on the floor of the storage room and use it to soak up some blood from your head. It... kinda works.
(...) Cleanz0r tackles John through the teleporter and disappears from sight!

The genetic abomination gets up, shakes off the shards of glass, then roars and leaps onto the table!

Status

Player: dermonster
Name: Derek L.
Currently: Hiding under the table.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Splint | Bottle of Painkillers | Keen Helmet | Pencil x4 | Coffee Mug | Sonic Cannon | Red Bottle | Blue Bottle
Wounds: Heavy Burns
Abilities: Code Expert | Neckbeard | NERD RAEG | No Delta Brain Wave | Split Personality

Player: Frelock
Name: Frederick Stephonavich
Currently: Bleeding and cursing.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Laser Dagger | Cheetah Arm | Thermometer | Odd Gun
Wounds: Missing Arm | Heavy Bleeding
Abilities: Uncanny Prediction | Actuary's Lament | Tweak the Odds

Player: monk12
Name: Monk
Description: Characteristically wears nice hats. Top hats, pirate hats, fedoras, you name it. Hopefully still has one in his possession.
Currently: Screaming and holding his (now moldy and gooey) hat to his head.
Inventory: Moist Top Hat | Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Plasma Rifle | Balloon Animal | Mirror Suit | Genetic Slop
Wounds: Light Bleeding
Abilities: Applied Phlebotinum | TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life | MacGyvering | Telekinesis | Pyrokinesis | Legendary Record Keeper

Player: HighEndNoob
Name: Kyle Hammers
Currently: Standing all alone in secondary storage, just waiting for another mechanical spider ambush.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | Jumpsuit | Mop | Rubber Gloves | Medkit | Power Cleaner | Wheelchair | Burlap Sack | Spray Can | Gas Mask | Bucket | Cleanz0r (commanding)
Wounds: Missing Legs | Quadruple Head Bumps | Blind | Light Bleeding
Abilities: That's The Power of Pinesol, Bitch! | Clean Freak | Custodial Might | EMT | Digitigrade Legs | Telepathy | Clairvoyance

Player: _DivideByZero_
Name: John Freeman
Currently: Getting trampled by Cleanz0r.
Inventory: Explosive Collar | 1/2 Jumpsuit | Turban | Unicorn Band-aids | Glass Shard | Fake Ammo Belts | Caruso Shades | Cheetah Arm | Spacesuit | Arm Cannon | Paperweight x3
Wounds: Brain Damage
Abilities: Major Payne | Fullmetal Jacket | Apocalypse Now | X-Ray Vision

Name: Cleanz0r
Description: A bulky cleaning robot who takes orders from Kyle.
Inventory: Disinfectant | Cleaning Brush x3
Wounds: None
Abilities: None

Group Attacks
Impromptu Singalong
Spur of Conflagration to Giga Lazor

Locations

The S.S. Periclase

Main Deck

Deck 2

Maintenance Deck 3, Main Elevator

Maintenance Deck 3, Living Quarters

Maintenance Deck 3, Engineering Lab

EARTH!

Elevator Controls

Interrogation Room 7E-365 (Deck M3): You were all shackled to chairs in here when you woke up. The door has been dropkicked off its hinges. There's circuitry on the walls, a row of monitors, and a row of 5 chairs.

Spoiler: INITIATING RTD ROUTINE (click to show/hide)
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Roll To Dodge: A Meta-Adventure [Turn 125: Gnome Guzzlin' Mah Ale!]
« Reply #1557 on: October 26, 2011, 02:43:32 am »

Ooo... I bet I got the riddle.  Is it
Spoiler: DBZ, no peaking (click to show/hide)

Also, mmmm...liver.

Meta: Use gravity gun to pick up all the pieces of glass, and propel them at the abomination's face.

Fantasy: Continue to brave the path into the depths of the fortress.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: October 26, 2011, 06:57:23 am »

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY

RW: Facemelt the abomination

FW: Fix the feet.
Mutie: Pick me up and head on over to wherever everyone else is at.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: October 26, 2011, 12:09:46 pm »

Hooray computer necromancy!

Meta: Attempt to ignite the goop-covered monstrosity.

Fantasy: Exploration ho!
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 110