Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress, and its effect on your psyche.  (Read 28736 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress, and its effect on your psyche.
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2012, 07:34:47 am »

Last night I had a dream where I went into a dwarven fortress. I somehow fell into magma. It felt like hot water that continuously hurt me. I wasn't even melting or anything, just bleeding. I saw a dwarf pour water to the room, and it didn't make obsidian for some reason. I went into the water to cool down. Then I saw a cat heading towards the magma, and I rescued it.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2012, 09:40:55 am »

Last night I saw a dream that a moody weaponsmith made a many-bladed axe, an adamantine axe with three serrated blades parallel to each other. That was just the kind of epicness I imagine artifacts to be like.

I also got attacked by a space spider that's meat provided some unusual effects, and stationed a burning soldier into a small room until he'd be safe to allow back into the fortress.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 28, 2012, 10:20:28 am »

Last night I had a dream where I went into a dwarven fortress. I somehow fell into magma. It felt like hot water that continuously hurt me. I wasn't even melting or anything, just bleeding. I saw a dwarf pour water to the room, and it didn't make obsidian for some reason. I went into the water to cool down. Then I saw a cat heading towards the magma, and I rescued it.

In your dream, you must have forgot to turn temperature on.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 28, 2012, 10:20:46 am »

I only had a few dreams about DF, but they were terrible.... Crundles, everywhere! CRUNDLES!
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Alidus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2012, 01:26:27 pm »

I dreamed that I was designing a magma piston and the last step was to dig out a bit in the middle of it where it intersected a cavern, so that it would close the gap, and channel out the initiator (hooked to a release lever) which falls and breaks all the floors when released, making the piston solid and disconnected. I had made the mistake of designating both at the same time. The miners decided to work at the bottom for a few seconds, then run many z levels to the top and carve out the initiator for a few seconds, then run back to the bottom and work there for a few seconds...

Luckily there wasn't anything unsafe about this, it was just wasting a lot of time with all the running.

Oh, wait. This wasn't a dream after all. It actually happened.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2012, 04:34:40 am »

I've gone asking people whats the best way to kill somebody.
- 5-6 z-level drop onto a bunch of ☼menacing crystal glass spike☼s
- stabbing with a (cacao wood short sword) covered in Melting Skin Syndrome -inducing dust
- pitting into magma

...would be the obvious choices.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2012, 04:16:20 am »

Oh god, it's invading my mind.. I had a dream where I started out with 36 dwarves, and I was like "That's not right.". But then I pressed u and I found only 3 dwarves. Then 4. Then I looked at creatures. There were 2 giant earthworm farmers, and 2 tyranid farmers. The earthworms were killed by a massive underground migrant wave. Robots and tanks were used to destroy the tyranids. Then the cops came and I had to use a door as a car to escape them.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2012, 09:07:17 am »

MY DREAM!!!
I was playing DF on my laptop and got sucked into a fortress. Aperently i was a pesant because the mayor handed me a crossbow and mumbled "lazy pesant" under his breth. Any way it was somewere cold because i saw a yeti fight a chicken and bleed to death. when i woke up i die a !!SCIENCE!! experement. 300 chickens later my dream came true! 0_o
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2012, 11:21:55 am »

MY DREAM!!!
I was playing DF on my laptop and got sucked into a fortress. Aperently i was a pesant because the mayor handed me a crossbow and mumbled "lazy pesant" under his breth. Any way it was somewere cold because i saw a yeti fight a chicken and bleed to death. when i woke up i die a !!SCIENCE!! experement. 300 chickens later my dream came true! 0_o
You saw 300 chickens fight a yeti and bleed to death, after being called a pesant by a mayor? Who gave you a crossbow? And insulted you under his breath? And then you died of a !!SCIENCE!! experiment? Can I move into your reality?

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2012, 07:15:13 pm »

Not really a DF dream, but definitely inspired by it...

I tricked Diablo into using an entirely useless flail as a weapon. I then challenged him to a fight, and beat him with my bare fists while he tried to swing at me with his nerf toy.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 22, 2012, 04:09:18 am »

It's been a long time, but I finally saw another dwarf-related dream!

I was at ToadyOne's house, and he had small, 3cm dwarves living inside his kitchen wall. ToadyOne wasn't home, so they asked me to help them make a hole to one of the top shelves. I climbed on the counter and cut a hole on the back wall of the shelf, but before I got it finished, I realized "I really shouldn't do something like this without asking the houses owner, and I definitely shouldn't trust the dwarves!".

I resealed the hole as well as I could, and thought that maybe I should do the dishes to soften the news of "I broke your wall, and almost gave dwarves a hole to pour magma from."

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 22, 2012, 05:08:34 am »

I dreamed that I was in the object testing arena, fighting my revamped (read: amphibious, four-armed, fire-breathing) dingo men. Except instead of a person with the head of a dingo, I was literally fighting a man-sized yellow 'd'. And then I opened a pack of skittles I somehow had, and they were the little dwarf sprites from the default tileset. I put some in my mouth, but I woke up before I could realize what they tasted like.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Urist McKoga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 22, 2012, 08:59:46 am »

A mix of The Birds
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and a dwarf fortress. Just change people for dwarfs and birds by Keas. Fucking Keas

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 27, 2012, 12:51:34 pm »

Last night I saw a dream that the new version was out, and it had isometric graphics. I played as an adventurer, and soon found out that beneath me there were four cultures of dwarves living in different layers of the ground. I was a hill dwarf, and started digging down to the first of the four deeper ones.

There were some adventures in the caverns, but eventually I managed to dig a staircase to the city of green dwarves. They told me I could have one of their chickens free, as long as I didn't cause any trouble. I also learned that the next city beneath us was a pretty basic dwarven settlement, after which came the cities of yellow and red dwarves.

The yellow dwarves were as tall as humans, and if I was heading down, they would be the last settlement to gain help from. Beneath them, closest to the magma sea lived the civilization of red dwarves, who were basically goblins of the underground. [NO_SPEECH] -tag made them inherently hostile to anyone else, and I wondered whether they stayed at the depths because they needed magma or because the tall yellow dwarves kept them there.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 27, 2012, 01:23:27 pm »

I've switched to live-capturing the mice that get in my garage and pitting them in the bong-room with the cat. Sometimes I'll toss them around in a bag of catnip first.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11