Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570828 times)

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1785 on: April 17, 2011, 02:02:53 pm »

Madpoles... madpoles. Never, and I mean never, get anywhere near these abominations.

In one round, my level 24 dual-wielding-plastic-and-fullerite-armoured true human had his feet, right hand, and left arm dismembered. The next round they severed his right hand again.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: April 17, 2011, 08:53:56 pm »

Ok, given the choice which ONE would you build?

Chainpistol
Combat Shotgun
Sniper rifle

I have basic skill in both pistols and rifles, but no higher skills. Str & Dex are 19 and 18 respectively, so I'm only going to be getting low level abilities in those trees regardless.

I currently have two revolvers, a pump shotgun, and a grenade launcher.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: April 17, 2011, 10:29:18 pm »

Hm.  I'd take the sniper rifle for long range high-pen punch, but I'm a bit biased against pistols.  Seems like you have short range covered already.

Do you use the pistols or shotty more?  If the pistols, the rifle, but if you use the pump more, you might want the combat shotty as a boost to the common case.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: April 17, 2011, 11:07:31 pm »

Chain pistols will TEAR through your lead slugs. Which is not specifically a bad thing, since they will kill almost anything really fast. Just something to be aware of.

I'd say the sniper rifle. You've got the pair of revolvers and a shotty already, the sniper rifle would be a nice long range punch. Could you deconstruct any of the gear you have to make more of what you listed? A pair of chain pistols with Akimbo for instance would pack an amazingly powerful punch.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: April 17, 2011, 11:29:27 pm »

All of them need Pristine Electronics, and I only have one right now. And nothing to make sure I get more any time soon. Sounds like the Sniper rifle is my best choice. Thanks!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: April 19, 2011, 11:23:31 am »

Saving a character summary seems to lock up the game for me.

Also, is being held by a jilted lover supposed to prevent teleportation?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: April 19, 2011, 11:47:26 am »

Bah. Was doing great with that character and then the game crashed when I tried to save. Ended up having to start over from a much earlier save and ended up dying before I'd reached where I was prior to the crash. *sigh*

Quills & Regeneration was a pretty awesome combination, though. Especially with double-hearted and a high toughness. I could just stand in the middle a swarms of enemies and let them die around my while I wailed on the nastiest one.

Turns out the combat shotgun would have been a better choice, since I ended up using my pump shotgun more than the sniper rifle.
Come play Mafia with us!

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: April 19, 2011, 02:27:04 pm »

*You may now auto-walk to the nearest stairs up or down by pressing up or down while not on a stair
*Added a user option to prompt before auto-walking to stairs
*Ownership is now a global flag, and NPCs are a little more protective of their stuff
*Discharge will be disabled if you have no charges
*Creatures are a little more persistant about following you up and down stairs
*Fixed the name of the mega speed booster
*Fixed an issue where an incorrect zone's navigation weight was being applied to cross-zone pathfinds
*Fixed some issues with unlimited-distance pathfinding terminating early
*Fixed stairs blocking reachability map generation
*Fixed gelatinous frustums just sitting there and doing nothing
*Fixed the stats for iron daggers
*Fixed the bit cost for shotgun shells
*Fixed young ivories becoming revealed too easily by simply stepping next to them
*Fixed an extra space in the lanterned mod text

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: April 19, 2011, 02:30:42 pm »

*Ownership is now a global flag, and NPCs are a little more protective of their stuff
Does that mean no more chest-stealing? Darn. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: April 19, 2011, 03:04:23 pm »

Aw... But I think the auto-walk makes up for it.

Unormal, next do an auto-explore, similar to crawl stone soup. That would be awesome.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: April 19, 2011, 03:16:27 pm »

Glad the iron dagger got fixed, that was bugging me. Does make me wonder what the advantage of using a short sword is, though, since daggers have the same stats and are lighter.
Come play Mafia with us!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: April 19, 2011, 03:24:38 pm »

Short swords should have greater penetration, because the blades are longer.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: April 20, 2011, 02:50:34 pm »

Bug: A beetlebum consuming a girshling corpse counted as me picking it up for the quest.
Come play Mafia with us!

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: April 21, 2011, 08:09:40 pm »

*Added a 'Replay most recent character' option to the new game menu.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: April 21, 2011, 08:22:49 pm »

Cool!

Suggestion: New skill - Appraisal. Shows you the sell value of an item given your current Ego and its price per pound.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 250