Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570767 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1755 on: April 15, 2011, 02:19:28 pm »

Maybe making Electrical Discharge have a fire pattern like Quills when activated, plus the spread to adjacent possibly spreading it out and hitting more.

It seems like it's potential power is massive, being effectively 24d4 at level 10, so for melee monster players it could be extraordinarily powerful. Hmm.

Edit: I just found an extraordinarily amazing item. One that has been mentioned recently and couldn't be figured out.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 02:40:21 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: April 15, 2011, 02:41:49 pm »

Electrical Discharge does more damage, can build up charges, has a 100% penetration, 100% hit rate, and can bounce off onto nearby targets. Light manipulation can't build up charges,, doesn't have 100% penetration, and does less damage. Its range is rather low also.

I'm not totally positive on on these stats, I haven't used Light manipulation as much as ED.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: April 15, 2011, 02:45:07 pm »

Bug report:

If you have one round in a carbine and fire it, it still shoots three times.  I don't have one to test, but I assume the chaingun would act in the same way.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: April 15, 2011, 02:47:00 pm »

Light manip does actually build up charges. The more charges you have, the brighter you shine and the more lasers you can fire.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: April 15, 2011, 02:50:08 pm »

Light manipulation builds up charges, it can also crit and has a very good penetration value, which means it crits, a lot. Light manipulation also has utlity in its light generation, as well as it being hilarious to have your evil twin shoot at you, and have them bounce back at him. The range is enough imo. And its level is increased by ego meaning you dont have to spend mutation points.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: April 15, 2011, 02:50:15 pm »

Light manip's range is about the same as freezing hands. I'm just saying that Light manip seems to give a lot more then electrical discharge for its three points vs ED's 4. 6 rapid fire shots of 2d4 penetration 10 attacks with range of 8 that doubles as a light source seems to be a bit more overall powerful then a single shot of 10d4 100% penetration at point blank range.

Edit:This has to be a bug due to its massive power. Spoilered for those who don't wish to learn of a massively game breaking item of immense proportions.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 03:06:10 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

vaaern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: April 15, 2011, 03:26:44 pm »

just bought this game, but haven't played much. Do have a question, do you have to do the quests? or can you just run around freely?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: April 15, 2011, 03:39:44 pm »

You can do whatever you want. Quests just provide some extra xp and occasionally some items.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: April 15, 2011, 03:43:52 pm »

And advance along the plot, but I'm sure exploration is (more or less) limited only by danger.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: April 15, 2011, 05:04:33 pm »

I think iron daggers have the wrong stats. They're 4p 1d6 damage. Same stats as a Steel Utility Knife, while Iron short swords are only 1d4 damage.

Also, bug: I'm wandering around in the caves below Jappa and there are snapjaws stuck in the walls.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 10:17:34 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: April 16, 2011, 12:17:20 pm »

Im confused about quills. It says it shoots 10% of the quills, does that mean that in my current state, it would fire 100 3p 1d4 projectiles?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: April 16, 2011, 03:34:35 pm »

*Fix for some effects not getting correctly removed (i.e. not becoming unlost when expected)
*Desalination pellets are now correctly used up when applied

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: April 16, 2011, 03:43:10 pm »

Perhaps drop the price on the pellets then. Even with maximum ego boosts, they're like 100 drams of water for at most 64 dram return, often doing nothing. Unless there is a trick and you can apply the to bulk water.

Edit: I'm running the version before this last patch, and in leveling up to 40 and choosing random mutation, I got both Cold and Heat absorbtion as choices. Having never seen these before, I snagged heat. Immunity to heat is nice.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 03:53:50 pm by beorn080 »

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1768 on: April 16, 2011, 04:03:28 pm »

Another bug I forgot to mention- while not on the most up to date version (it was on the one that introduced stingers) my character appeared to be constantly burning when using the look command, but most definitely wasn't on fire (except when fighting troll fireslingers). It might have started when I first used kindle, but I'm not sure.

cerapa- Yes it would (assuming you have 1000 quills)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: April 16, 2011, 04:06:06 pm »

Divided by 8 for the 8 squares it hits, possibly nine if it hits your own square too, not sure on that one. It is one of the best armors you can get in the game.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 250