Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570769 times)

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1725 on: April 14, 2011, 11:34:12 am »

What is the relationship between Multiple Arms and the Dual Wield skill?  Does the skill apply to each arm, or just your original left arm?  If all arms, it seems raising the mutation itself will be overshadowed by the skill.

I've been meaning to ask this myself. Does Multiple Arms give you one, two, or zero additional 'offhands' for skills like Dual Wield and Jab?

Also, I /finally/ managed to get a Dual Wielding character to survive, and he's now getting two attacks with his offhand cryssteel dagger every (or just about every) turn.

Also, I'm running into an issue where the Regeneration mutation just.. stops working for a while, has anyone else noticed this? Sometimes it'll take me 100+ turns to heal 80hp, and sometimes it'll take 400+ while resting.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: April 14, 2011, 12:29:52 pm »

Got my first character to level five and almost out of red rock. Eyeless crab got me though.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: April 14, 2011, 12:31:37 pm »

Skip redrock initially. The rust caves are somewhat easier and there is a nice trio of quests for easy xp. Or even more, skip the quests and just wander the marshes killing glowfish.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: April 14, 2011, 12:32:17 pm »

What is the relationship between Multiple Arms and the Dual Wield skill?  Does the skill apply to each arm, or just your original left arm?  If all arms, it seems raising the mutation itself will be overshadowed by the skill.

I've been meaning to ask this myself. Does Multiple Arms give you one, two, or zero additional 'offhands' for skills like Dual Wield and Jab?

Also, I /finally/ managed to get a Dual Wielding character to survive, and he's now getting two attacks with his offhand cryssteel dagger every (or just about every) turn.

Also, I'm running into an issue where the Regeneration mutation just.. stops working for a while, has anyone else noticed this? Sometimes it'll take me 100+ turns to heal 80hp, and sometimes it'll take 400+ while resting.

The dual wield skills only apply to your first offhand. Any additional hand's attack chances are controlled only by the mutation.

However, if an additional offhand attack occurs, all effects that would apply to an attack or offhand attack (Jab, etc) are applied just the same as your first offhand.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: April 14, 2011, 12:41:58 pm »

Skip redrock initially. The rust caves are somewhat easier and there is a nice trio of quests for easy xp. Or even more, skip the quests and just wander the marshes killing glowfish.
Red Rock was actually easier than the rust wells because I was running a physical character and there are NO salt hoppers down there.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: April 14, 2011, 01:03:16 pm »

I usually just kill some stuff, go to red rock, go to the rust wells, and get killed somewhere along the way.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: April 14, 2011, 02:03:59 pm »

Bit of a bug report - I was lost and found some traders; upon talking to them it said that I'd asked about my location, and that I was no longer lost.

Attempting to travel from there afterwords, however, it prevented me from doing so due to still being lost.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: April 14, 2011, 03:27:07 pm »

I had a level (Redrock 3) spawn with the up and down staircases on the same square.

Also, when you have a lot of items in your inventory, page down will only go down so far (two pages) in your inventory. You have to use the down arrow to go the rest of the way.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: April 14, 2011, 04:09:46 pm »

This is a slightly odd feature request.

There are several mutations that gain charges rather then cooldown. Off the top of my head, Electrical Discharge and Light Manipulation. Would it be possible to have their cooldown indicator changed to a number indicating how many charges are accumulated. This is also linked to a bug, where Electrical Discharge is always displayed as green.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: April 14, 2011, 04:11:23 pm »

Random question: Is there a reason there are no 2 point mutations?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1735 on: April 14, 2011, 05:16:30 pm »

I guess because it would be hard to make a 2 point that's strong enough to put points into or with a weak but continually useful enough effect to be useful even if it can't gain levels. Though there really needs to be 2 point mutations or more 1 points, when you have 2 points left over there's not much worth taking, compared to tons of choice in 3,4 and 5 mutations.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: April 14, 2011, 05:49:54 pm »

If your not making a straight esper, analgesia is a great defect that just makes your health be displayed the same way as the critters normally are. Or just take two 1 point mutations. They're all pretty well useful, especially spit slime and kindle.

Edit: Bug. Steam that has been cooled with Freezing hands or other cooling effects doesn't cool down and recondense.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 08:00:39 pm by beorn080 »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: April 14, 2011, 07:59:09 pm »

Going from a level 15 character with an arsenal of grenades, dual folded-carbide shortswords, scoped rifles, and a bag of witchwood bark, back to a level one character is pretty jarring.  I suddenly remember that my only defense is basically to run and hide, and wait for my health to regenerate.  Getting killed by a snapjaw brute again is almost refreshing, if it didn't mean having to rob Joppa blind all over again.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: April 14, 2011, 08:06:39 pm »

I finally got my greasy mitts on a carbine, and it is indeed awesome.  Still don't know what that mondo-expensive artifact is, and it's probably gone by now if random merchants restock.  I did pick up a schem for a nuclear cell, though.

This is a slightly odd feature request.

There are several mutations that gain charges rather then cooldown. Off the top of my head, Electrical Discharge and Light Manipulation. Would it be possible to have their cooldown indicator changed to a number indicating how many charges are accumulated. This is also linked to a bug, where Electrical Discharge is always displayed as green.

I second this.  Light Manip you can sort of tell if you're in the dark, but outside in the day you have no indication.  Also, it'd be nice to have "turns until next charge gained" on the display, but that's far from priority.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: April 14, 2011, 08:16:38 pm »

Speaking of guns, I've got quite a few schematics that I've never been able to build, because I can just never find some scrap bits.  I've got plenty of phasic crystal, but absolutely no pristine electronics, and I'm knocking on the door of Golgotha here.  When do the higher-tier scrap bits start appearing, in any quantity whatsoever?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 250