Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570758 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1710 on: April 13, 2011, 02:27:21 pm »

Chainguns and chainpistols are devastating weapons. I think 5-6 shots every time you pull the trigger, with chainpistols hitting 10-12 if you dual wield with the dual fire skill. They tear everything up.

Re: Electrobow = light. Never knew that. I typically have a glowsphere of some variety pretty early, though wandering around this game with nightvision at night is fun, since nothing aggros unless you can see it. Makes hunting equimax easier since those god damn dragonflies don't aggro at night without a light source.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: April 13, 2011, 02:31:10 pm »

I wouldn't have noticed the light aspect either, except that I was playing a True Man (child of the Deep) who started with a headlamp and had left my Knollworm Skull on after trading for the bow and went down into a cave. Was wandering around for a bit and then realized I had never switched helms but still had light. The bow was brighter than the headlamp, too. About as good as the Mining helmet.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: April 13, 2011, 04:07:07 pm »

*Slightly increased horned chameleon's strength
*Salthoppers may now sprint

What i read is * HAHAHAHA U DIE MOAR NOW

Yep, I'm never updating again.  I mean really, what did Cave of Qud need?  Oh right, make it fucking harder to survive at low levels.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: April 13, 2011, 04:17:59 pm »

Question:

Can be pick turrets back up now? I remember the only time I tried, I couldn't pick it up to recover it.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: April 13, 2011, 07:36:30 pm »

Just got a crash when trying to have a character with a Stinger:

Code: [Select]
RunSegment:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at XRL.World.GameObjectFactory.CreateObject(GameObjectBlueprint Blueprint, Int32 BonusModChance, Int32 SetModNumber)
   at XRL.World.GameObjectFactory.CreateObject(String ObjectBlueprint, Int32 BonusModChance)
   at XRL.World.GameObjectFactory.CreateObject(String ObjectBlueprint)
   at XRL.World.Parts.Mutation.Stinger.Mutate(GameObject GO, Int32 Level)
   at XRL.World.Parts.Mutations.AddMutation(BaseMutation NewMutation, Int32 Level)
   at XRL.UI.CreateCharacter.GenerateCharacter(ScreenBuffer SB)
   at XRL.UI.CreateCharacter.ShowCreateCharacter()
   at XRL.Core.XRLCore.NewGame()
   at XRL.Core.XRLCore.Start()
   at XRL.EntryPoint.Main(String[] args)

And a second, with a different character. This time I was just trying to pick up some items that I'd dropped into a pile:

Code: [Select]
Turn:System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at ConsoleLib.Console.ScreenBuffer.ThickSingleBox(Int32 x1, Int32 y1, Int32 x2, Int32 y2, UInt16 Color)
   at XRL.UI.Sidebar.RenderCurrentCellPopup(ScreenBuffer _Buffer)
   at XRL.UI.Sidebar.Render(ScreenBuffer _ScreenBuffer)
   at XRL.Core.XRLCore.RenderBaseToBuffer(ScreenBuffer Buffer)
   at XRL.Core.XRLCore.RenderBase()
   at XRL.Core.XRLCore.PlayerTurn()
   at XRL.Core.ActionManager.RunSegment()

You might want to fully delete and reinstall. If you modify a file like objectblueprints.xml by accident, like by hitting save with it open in notepad, the installer won't overwrite it the next time so you'll end up out of sync between the xml file and the main game executable. I need to figure out how to force the MSI to update all the files regardless of edited state.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 07:45:23 pm by unormal »

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: April 13, 2011, 07:58:09 pm »

*Rest until healed now only takes into account visible hostiles
*Added a clock to the first sidebar view
*Added a UI option to display your location instead of your name on the sidebar
*The third sidebar view will show abilities that do not have key mappings
*Added a UI option to display bit costs as alphanumeric characters, instead of just dots, for the colorblind
*Updated the zone name tables
*Updated some immobile melee enemies to not stop autowalking unless you walk within a small radius
*Glowfish are no-longer hostile
*Young Ivories are now much easier to find if you search
*Charge can no-longer be used if you are in melee combat
*Charge attacks now grant a +1 penetration to your primary weapon for that attack
*Fixed a typo in narcolepsy
*Fixed some instances where popups or dying during a 'spinner' would make it go wacky
*Fixed some buggy interactions with resting until healed and narcolepsy
*Fixed a few spelling and grammar issues in Stinger
*Fixed the display of stinger damage in 'next level' display to correctly match actual behavior
*Fixed a few rare exceptions in some of the shape drawing utilities

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: April 13, 2011, 08:05:42 pm »

*Rest until healed now only takes into account visible hostiles
Finally. That was annoying me to no end.

*Glowfish are no-longer hostile
:o You mean they aren't hostile bastards with a taste for human/mutant blood? :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: April 13, 2011, 09:52:20 pm »

That'll make finding the glowpad merchant easier, though more annoying if you're using them for a quick early level.

Stunning Force is absolutely hilarious against them.  It's like dynamite fishing.

Thanks for adding the clock as well.  It's annoying to not know what time it is.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: April 13, 2011, 10:03:48 pm »

Interestingly, as part of this change, everything seems to attack the glowpads now, including the merchant. Of course, this time the bastard has a 1000 dram weird artifact and the croc didn't have the courtesy to kill him for me so now I have to buy it.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: April 13, 2011, 11:47:40 pm »

Doing a fresh install seems to have helped. Not sure how it got messed up but, eh.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: April 14, 2011, 09:20:49 am »

What is the relationship between Multiple Arms and the Dual Wield skill?  Does the skill apply to each arm, or just your original left arm?  If all arms, it seems raising the mutation itself will be overshadowed by the skill.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: April 14, 2011, 10:18:21 am »

I just ran into a hermit wearing and wielding chain mail.  Awesome.

Also, a random merchant has a $1785 unknown artifact that I want badly.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: April 14, 2011, 10:22:19 am »

I tend to agree multiple arms is a little underpowered. Even at 10 points it's only about a 16% extra chance per arm for an extra attack. I guess those extra attacks might also benefit from any weapon skills you have (think Cudgel - Flurry). As far as shields go, the block chance is already so high but I don't know for sure if multiple arms allow for multiple chances to block. My gut says no - see third paragraph.

I interpret it to say that only your original left arm gets the additional dual wield chance. Your other two can only proc via the Multiple Arms mutation chance.

I wouldn't mind seeing the cost bumped up to 5, but allow you to benefit from stats on those extra hands/arms. That might be too OP, though, especially in terms of the AV bonus. You do lose DV if you try to equip multiple shields/bucklers but I would not normally benefit from stats on my extra pair of hands, for example. It did glitch out sometimes and I would benefit but I was never able to do so consistently.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 11:54:57 am by Niveras »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: April 14, 2011, 10:31:52 am »

Bug report:  I have a rusted silver nugget.  I paid Argyve 5 drams to repair it... and it's still rusted.  It ate my money and didn't do anything.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1724 on: April 14, 2011, 10:46:48 am »

I ran into the same problem with several items, including a ego booster I broke while trying to identify it. It still worked, though I don't know whether that was due to the repair or the broken state no longer working correctly.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 250