Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 112

Author Topic: Signs that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much  (Read 266600 times)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: Signs that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
« Reply #1530 on: April 11, 2016, 09:28:46 pm »

2207: You get to rant on people that miss the point of B12 forum games. Because the point here is obviously to numerically count reasons you play DF way too much and when people forget to actually count it, the bookkeeper can get confused. COUNT IT, FFS!
you mean "for FPS's Sake!"
2708: You effortlessly backronym expressions into DF game terms.
i did it!, di did it! i finally became dorfy enough to appear in the ☼1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much☼
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: April 11, 2016, 09:47:59 pm »

2709:You think appearing in this list as an example is a badge of honor.  ;P
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Searching for the other sock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: April 11, 2016, 10:25:13 pm »

Figured out how to find good geographical features for embarks just from the embark screen. Really just enjoying two waterfalls.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: April 11, 2016, 10:54:24 pm »

Figured out how to find good geographical features for embarks just from the embark screen. Really just enjoying two waterfalls.
the "stream" on my embark turned out to be an underground stream inside the caves. a few dwarves died unti l i set up up my cistern.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: April 12, 2016, 04:29:25 am »

2710:You ignore the point of the thread to gossip about your worldgen.

Seriously guys?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: April 12, 2016, 05:56:20 am »

2711: Your DF badge of honor is removed when you post in the bad part of DF forum.
2712: You try to usurp the "DF badge of honor" by adding more points to this thread yourself.
2713: You remove all text from quotes in this thread and leave just links so there is more space for more points.
2714: You feel the need to keep the so-much-meta sign-of-too-much-DF train going, adding several points at once. You are too smugly.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: April 12, 2016, 05:58:16 am »

2715:Meta-meta too-much-DF.
Sigtext

BadLeo

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't mess with me. I'm a legendary +5 curser.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: April 12, 2016, 07:52:20 am »

2215: You add 500 items to the count, so much meta-meta game can ruin maths.
2216: No need to feel revenge. I have a part on this.
2217: You think about live action DF as an impossibility, since it is already live action, you live it yourself.
If you think dogs like socks, that's because you never met a dwarf.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: April 12, 2016, 07:58:41 am »

2218:You're too busy coming up with things in this list to notice that somebody else swapped a 2 for a 7.  Oops.
Sigtext

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: April 12, 2016, 08:46:27 am »

2218:You're too busy coming up with things in this list to notice that somebody else swapped a 2 for a 7.  Oops.
I blame Dirst. Good pick, though.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: April 12, 2016, 10:33:02 am »

I blame Dirst. Good pick, though.
I was typing on a phone, but I really don't see how that could have caused the mistake.

* Dirst hangs head in shame *
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: April 12, 2016, 10:35:20 am »

2219: You quit playing Stardew Valley because you can't murder your neighbors, couldn't care less about fertilizer or fishing, want to mine deeper, send army against monsters, and it's is lacking magma to burn who villages.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: April 12, 2016, 12:25:35 pm »

2220: you throw cheesemakers down pit mines
2221: you accuse old people of being vampires, then let them join the cheesemakers down the pit mine
2222: you could think up of 2222 reasons that you are asdicted to dwarf fortress. Well done.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: April 12, 2016, 02:08:59 pm »

2219: You quit playing Stardew Valley because you can't murder your neighbors, couldn't care less about fertilizer or fishing, want to mine deeper, send army against monsters, and it's is lacking magma to burn who villages.

2223: You notice Stardew Valley has a modding feature, and move your house inside the mines where you can take even greater advantage of the reconfigurable landscape, especially setting up magma forges to save on coal.

2224: Your only 10-heart friend is the dwarf.

2225: You are so impressed by the artisan crafting stations, and cheese in particular, that you mod a "furniture" item so you can engrave images of cheese everywhere.

2226: You pine for the day Dwarf Fortress has a real agriculture system to show these posers what "fertilizer" really means.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: April 12, 2016, 02:10:48 pm »

2227:You have modded in fertilizer.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 112