Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 112

Author Topic: Signs that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much  (Read 266595 times)

Dustin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Signs that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
« Reply #1515 on: April 05, 2016, 10:01:24 pm »

2194: You live on this forum, and happen to know a few dwarves whom you have named Urist #1, Urist #2, and Urist #3
2195: When you happen to dream in ASCII and that you are an adventuerer in a tavern, Laughing as you read the description on a coffee mug and it says poorly crafted and throwing it across the coffee shop,
2196: when you happen to hit the owner of the coffee shop with the said coffee mug, and his head flies off, and you happen to notice that
2197: your a baron and your friend has an artifact mug studded with admantine and you choke him because you want it. and you
2198: notice that there is no rum in there so you go and throw a tantrum
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 10:05:20 pm by Dustin »
Should we have embarked right next to a goblin fortress?
Yes we should have, no Goblins yet *yet*
Hi. I'm Dwarf fortress, and I'm a crashaholic

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: April 05, 2016, 10:06:12 pm »

2197:You see everything in ASCII.  In real life.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: April 05, 2016, 10:08:41 pm »

It's quite a mess. I guess some merchants have managed to get with their wagons on some bridges just as those were closing...
I was wondering why there were so many staircases strewn about.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Dustin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: April 05, 2016, 10:19:17 pm »

It's quite a mess. I guess some merchants have managed to get with their wagons on some bridges just as those were closing...
I was wondering why there were so many staircases strewn about.
2198: when you just stop wondering why and realize that this can happen when you try and build a raising bridge but you really built a retracting bridge and when...
2199: when that retracting bridge doesn't atom smash your garbage refuse and when...
2200: when you look over at your neighbor's bridge over their creek you decide to try and link it to a lever with emerald mechanisms and realize that you dont have emeralds because your wife is cutting them at home

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: April 05, 2016, 10:26:18 pm »

Now there's a good use for virtual reality, get rid of this silly graphics pack blocking us from seeing real life in ascii as nature intended.

Dustin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: April 05, 2016, 10:47:32 pm »

Now there's a good use for virtual reality, get rid of this silly graphics pack blocking us from seeing real life in ascii as nature intended.
2201: no, you just decide that life is not real, and decide to use the ghost that has been haunting you to make the virtual reality, and realize that you should get drunk more often

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: April 07, 2016, 07:47:01 am »

2202: You gave up your old religion and started worshipping Armok, god of blood, and the dwarven pantheon of your faveroute world.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: April 07, 2016, 12:04:16 pm »

2203: You dreamed driving around dodging dog crap and think those should not be there.  As you swerve into a ditch, you think there's the ramp up to get out of this pit.  Then you yell at the people trying to haul your Prius out with a hemp rope.  As the buzzer alarm woke you up for work, you think of rolling a world gen modded full of halflings instead.

BadLeo

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't mess with me. I'm a legendary +5 curser.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: April 08, 2016, 08:08:32 am »

2204: When asked to describe yourself, you say/write "a short sturdy creature fond of drink and industry".
If you think dogs like socks, that's because you never met a dwarf.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: April 09, 2016, 03:44:38 am »

2203: You dreamed driving around dodging dog crap and think those should not be there.  As you swerve into a ditch, you think there's the ramp up to get out of this pit.  Then you yell at the people trying to haul your Prius out with a hemp rope.  As the buzzer alarm woke you up for work, you think of rolling a world gen modded full of halflings instead.

"New Suggestion: Ability to lift items up z-levels with ropes"

"New Suggestion: Prius"

I haz no No Names

• Bay Watcher
  • *Former*BS12 Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: April 09, 2016, 04:01:05 am »

New suggestion:
You become depressed due to apple's new SIC function for not making you able to play DF. TO fix this you build a brand new non-OSX machine.
沉舟侧畔千帆过,病树前头万木春。
-A sunken ship has had over a thousand (many) sails go past it, a sick (dead) tree has thousands of trees blossoming in front of it.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: April 11, 2016, 12:34:46 pm »

When you dream about it.  This morning, my dreams featured Cersei from Game of Thrones complaining about the lack of castle windows and I suggested that she just use all the gems we've mined for gem windows.  In the dream, I actually started to navigate through the DF menus to queue the task up.

the last 3 nights DF was all over my dreams.
mostly about not being prepared for a siege, FB nightcreature or even just a predator-animal. or about my dorfs being dorfy when mining and getting every order wrong.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

BadLeo

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't mess with me. I'm a legendary +5 curser.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: April 11, 2016, 03:05:58 pm »

2207: You get to rant on people that miss the point of B12 forum games. Because the point here is obviously to numerically count reasons you play DF way too much and when people forget to actually count it, the bookkeeper can get confused. COUNT IT, FFS!
If you think dogs like socks, that's because you never met a dwarf.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: April 11, 2016, 07:57:49 pm »

2207: You get to rant on people that miss the point of B12 forum games. Because the point here is obviously to numerically count reasons you play DF way too much and when people forget to actually count it, the bookkeeper can get confused. COUNT IT, FFS!
you mean "for FPS's Sake!"
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: April 11, 2016, 08:39:51 pm »

you mean "for FPS's Sake!"
2708: You effortlessly backronym expressions into DF game terms.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 112