Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1123 1124 [1125] 1126 1127 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1963738 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #16860 on: October 03, 2016, 10:40:22 am »

Its funny how it was my girlfriend who was scared of me, and not the other way, at first :v

The very first few words I uttered to her were "holy shit, can I marry your hair?"
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #16861 on: October 03, 2016, 10:46:27 am »

My problem isn't so much the speaking - though it does take me a bit to get comfortable at times. The main thing is that I've yet to find one I actually like enough to spend extended periods of time with. Girlfriends are a time draining investment, and I just really can't be alert and sociable all that time.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #16862 on: October 03, 2016, 11:08:12 am »

He's probably just shy around girls, caz. It happens.
Shy in general, but females in particular.

I'm like that too!

Yeah, girls are so scary! It'd help if they weren't so much bigger and stronger. Their homes are so nice, but they're like traps! They got all that poison too, and they throw hair into your eyes! And if you ever convince one to sleep with you, they cannibalize you during the act, like what the hell? This isn't fair at all!

TIL Josh is a spider
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16863 on: October 03, 2016, 02:18:57 pm »

This is terrifying.  Hope everything is ok, Frumple.
Yeah, me  too. And thanks. Should be able to talk to the doc later this week... they're gone for a few days at the moment, but I don't think it's that urgent.

Though that said, right now easily what the worst thing about it is that it's a think. I can't quite tell how bad it's gotten or how rapidly, because the details and whatnot that would normally be there, aren't. Enough is there to know it's fucking up, but not too long ago I would have been able to tell exactly how much, or near enough.

Can say that even if this gets cleared up my intention to kill myself before/when I start going senile just got a lot stronger. And it was already pretty strong, as I've had enough of my body breaking down on me to not want to go through it when it's no longer on biological easy modo difficulty. Even if it's what I think/pretty sure is fairly minor this is basically complete fucking hell. It's like your arm's rotting off, but you can't tell how quickly or how long it's been happening and sometimes how much is gone changes on you, but when and by how much is something you can't identify.

Had known in a sort of vague way that memory and whatnot going was unpleasant, but it's not vague anymore and unpleasant is very much an understatement :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16864 on: October 03, 2016, 02:21:46 pm »

*hugs Frumple*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16865 on: October 03, 2016, 02:33:14 pm »

I'm just not comfortable talking to anybody. It always feels like I'm being judged for the worst and i always sound like a dork. And at college going to/from class I notice a lot of girls on the same sidewalk as me will just step off or take a different route like they're trying to avoid me. I don't know why everybody avoids me, it doesnt seem like other people get treated this way and its really bothering me now. Like I always keep to myself I don't look around at people all the time. Just out of the corner of my eye people will stop and step off the path, like where there arent any entrances to a building. I don't take up the whole sidewalk like some people either!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16866 on: October 03, 2016, 03:45:42 pm »

@Eric Blank: Regardless of how bad it seems from your perspective, a portion of it IS only happening in your head.  We all make things out to be worse than they really are.  Best thing for you is to do anything to get out of your head.  Other people's perceptions aren't something any of us can control. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16867 on: October 03, 2016, 05:21:55 pm »

I get that, yeah. I wish I could get out of my head. There are nicer places to be :\
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16868 on: October 03, 2016, 07:05:49 pm »

*hugs*

Maybe they're trying to avoid the radius of your Awe effect.  ;P
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16869 on: October 03, 2016, 07:20:26 pm »

i did ~something~ i know not what and now the person i was really enjoying talking to and wanted to meet up cut me off from everything and won't respond to texts
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #16870 on: October 03, 2016, 07:39:28 pm »

@Girl ddweebs

I mean, being trans has made it so I kinda feel more... comfortable among girls, and I have more friends that are girls than I do guys. Mostly through LGBT group, but also because in my original group of friends there was a few, and one of them is now one of my best friends.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16871 on: October 03, 2016, 10:56:49 pm »

i did ~something~ i know not what and now the person i was really enjoying talking to and wanted to meet up cut me off from everything and won't respond to texts
Send inquiry and possible apology ahead of time in assuming fault? :O

Really worried that I'll fail my thesis because of TIME.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16872 on: October 03, 2016, 11:04:08 pm »

@DigitalDemon:

er

that

um

doesn't help with aaaaaa social anxiousness very much

@Descan:I, yeah, Tiruin's probably got the idea.

Maybe they're taking a nap or asleep or something?  I mean it's not impossible depending on the timezones and all.

*hugs anyway*
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16873 on: October 03, 2016, 11:07:24 pm »

@DigitalDemon:

er

that

um

doesn't help with aaaaaa social anxiousness very much
Ask yourself or look at what probably could have made you anxious--previous understandings, impressions, or otherwise (ie 'This is what my {older person}' said). Anything that could affect your social anxiousness more if you face a girl, than if the person is...um, not a girl?
I mean I can understand this in a way too (despite being a girl myself, but to other girls XD) but its also a more personal thing at times.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16874 on: October 03, 2016, 11:41:32 pm »

They're a girl.  Insofar as I can tell, it's just a visceral reaction.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 1123 1124 [1125] 1126 1127 ... 1420