Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1121 1122 [1123] 1124 1125 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1963747 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #16830 on: October 01, 2016, 06:12:31 pm »

Getting increasingly obvious something is going wrong with my memory. Forgetting stuff that I wouldn't have been six months or especially a year ago, and with noticeably increasing severity/frequency. Hopefully can get in touch with the doc soonish, but... definitely in a state of mildly terrified, or at least getting there.

Especially hoping this isn't going to be permanent... hard enough to barely function as is/was last year. Head starts going haywire harder than it already has been all my life and I'm not going to be in a good place. And the US being the US, getting some kind of help could very possibly not be an option at that point :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16831 on: October 02, 2016, 01:58:34 pm »

For some unknown reason, for the past few days I'm regularly having urges to yell primitive nationalistic stuff. I can't figure out the exact reason why did it start, and that is kind of scary. At least I still have enough sanity to not act upon them...
._.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16832 on: October 02, 2016, 02:00:56 pm »

Did they... terk yer jerb?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16833 on: October 02, 2016, 02:17:14 pm »

I'm not going to say that I was terrified, but the Super Best Friend's first Shitstorm video of the month was surprisingly spooky. Not spoopy, but legit spooky.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16834 on: October 02, 2016, 02:19:28 pm »

Adviser not going to be available by October 15. It is the 3rd. We are getting our Ch III and IV draft returned today by our adviser for refining. Ethics takes 1 week. We probably won't be conducting our defense with our adviser watching. She advises getting a new one (again >_>).

I am terrified because of leading a group. And argh going about all these. Anxiety!

I have not been sleeping well lately--spending around 3 or so hours and yet getting little done because of heavy anxiety, spent around 4 hours this morning in bed because of depression (same day as birthday of my sister's husband .-.; but everything turned out alright anyway), and now worried about the whole thesis stuffs.

And my grades, probably. Being late to class because of being depressed in bed and then messing up quizzes because of lousy memory recall isn't good.
For my final year.

And I'm posting about it all.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 02:30:01 pm by Tiruin »

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #16835 on: October 02, 2016, 03:22:54 pm »

Not "terrifying" per se, but I'm a bit scared about what might happen if my country goes Arch-Conservative. I mean, we have people arguing that "freedom from discrimination based on religion" only applies to religious people!
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #16836 on: October 02, 2016, 07:32:51 pm »

Getting increasingly obvious something is going wrong with my memory. Forgetting stuff that I wouldn't have been six months or especially a year ago, and with noticeably increasing severity/frequency. Hopefully can get in touch with the doc soonish, but... definitely in a state of mildly terrified, or at least getting there.

Especially hoping this isn't going to be permanent... hard enough to barely function as is/was last year. Head starts going haywire harder than it already has been all my life and I'm not going to be in a good place. And the US being the US, getting some kind of help could very possibly not be an option at that point :-\

This is terrifying.  Hope everything is ok, Frumple.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16837 on: October 03, 2016, 03:21:08 am »

Not "terrifying" per se, but I'm a bit scared about what might happen if my country goes Arch-Conservative. I mean, we have people arguing that "freedom from discrimination based on religion" only applies to religious people!
I'd be surprised if America gets any shit done, good or bad.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16838 on: October 03, 2016, 06:07:03 am »

I'd be surprised if America gets any shit done, good or bad.
Boop the cynicism! :P
America is actually a lot of things :O One thing heard from them doesn't necessarily apply to every state in existence. It's sometimes usually from a really vocal source, that isn't a commonly agreed on opinion, but something we heard at that one time. O_o

Unless this seriously, actually applies to the whole country. Which is really doubtful since that kind of statement there doesn't sound like it can reasonably represent the ideas of the whole place.
Always remember when you come across the word 'people' that it usually means 'this group or community-sized # in a general sense' that is being referred to. A whole country of the size of the USA can't go all Arch-Conservative unless you play LCS, which has the disclaimer of not being realistic anyway :P nor does the whole population go all 'one rigid belief' or something very unreasonable like beliefs separating the country.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16839 on: October 03, 2016, 06:32:36 am »

The sins of a country falls to all its countrymen.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16840 on: October 03, 2016, 06:47:41 am »

America is great; they have guns, cheap liquor, a rich history of music, and they even speak something approximating English, albeit vaguely.
What more do you want?

...I originally started writing this post on my phone due to my laptop being packed up, some time ago, and just saved the first bit as a note after hitting my phone browser's 120 character limit. If it was originally supposed to have some further point or meaning, I've since forgotten it. Oh well.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16841 on: October 03, 2016, 08:03:45 am »

Another day, another five hours of sleep regardless of how late my day starts. For the first time in my life I just can't stay asleep.

I'm terrified I'm just going to pass out in the middle of my test at this rate. I can't even sleep late on weekends, which is a problem my life has given me zero tools to handle. I'm running up a sleep deficit without any way of reducing it. Isn't this how people die?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16842 on: October 03, 2016, 08:33:09 am »

today i ducked up

i was walking through old town

i was passing through a ultra conservative manifestation

two old men wearing a red and white armband were arguing there that jews were in fact crypto nazis (by the way, what the fuck)

i approached one of them and asked about the armband and why are they wearing it if they werent combatants

one of them said that his mother was a combatant

he was a old man

around 50, maybe more

i told him to wish his mother well

she is probably dead

i fucked up

help me

it hurts
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16843 on: October 03, 2016, 08:48:56 am »

Did they beat and/or threaten you, or are you just freaking out over the faux pas?
Booze is Life for Yoink

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16844 on: October 03, 2016, 08:59:40 am »

*hugs SaberToothTiger*

Deep breaths, calm down, maybe drink some tea.

The sentiment was good.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 09:02:50 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 1121 1122 [1123] 1124 1125 ... 1420