Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 328

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 640233 times)

GuardianTempest

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Daydreamer
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1410 on: July 08, 2013, 04:58:35 am »

Step 1: Play as a golem made of magmaproof material
Step 2: Find a volcano
Step 3: Has anyone ever managed to swim to hell?

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: July 08, 2013, 05:40:14 am »

Then you would just drop down into semi-molten rock. HFS in under magma sea. There is no access from the volcanoes/magma to the hell. You'll have to either use AdvFort and dig through candy, go through abadonded fortress or find a curious underground structrure.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: July 08, 2013, 06:22:49 pm »

I can't seem to remember what the Dwarfbuck value for coins is in Adventure mode.

Slashes-With-Claws

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: July 09, 2013, 11:57:50 am »

Since vanilla DF does not support buying a house.  Is there any problem with claiming one of the abandoned houses in a town and making use of it?  I know it will not actually be mine, but I can at least store things there.  Will stuff despawn in it?
Mary had a Little Lamb...

...BUT I ATE IT!

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: July 09, 2013, 12:06:13 pm »

No problems with that, you can use any room you want. I like to use forts for storage.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: July 09, 2013, 12:25:35 pm »

Actually after .34 update items left in adventure mode will stay there, no matter where they are. You can use even a random wildlife locations as a storages and items won't scatter or disappear.

Slashes-With-Claws

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: July 09, 2013, 02:50:02 pm »

Thanks for the replies.

Another question.  Is it possible to destroy a sandstone slab?  My adventurer found one of the Secrets of Life and Death slabs and wants to destroy it to remove such a vile thing from the world.  Any way I can do that?  Or do I have to go throw it in Mount Doom?
Mary had a Little Lamb...

...BUT I ATE IT!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: July 09, 2013, 02:52:56 pm »

I think throwing it in magma is your best bet.

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: July 09, 2013, 03:08:18 pm »

Actually that slab is an artifact (created during world-gen) and is therefore indestructable. Althought I suppose the world wouldn't really care if the it's still in one piece when at the bottom of the magma sea.
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: July 10, 2013, 05:47:17 pm »

How do I cheat to destroy a dracolich sultan? It's like a clown law-giver, so while I got the quest to kill him by one of his lords, ("An evil lurks within...") accusing him of being a night creature does nothing, and attacking him would make me an enemy of the civ. Question: do they become automatically hostile to someone who raises undead?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: July 11, 2013, 04:26:56 am »

How do I cheat to destroy a dracolich sultan? It's like a clown law-giver, so while I got the quest to kill him by one of his lords, ("An evil lurks within...") accusing him of being a night creature does nothing, and attacking him would make me an enemy of the civ. Question: do they become automatically hostile to someone who raises undead?
A warning: attacking the clown-leader will make you an enemy of the entire civilisation, and, since it is not really a "creature of the night", accusing it of being so will not make it an enemy of the civilisation. Being a necromancer does not automatically make you an enemy of the civilisation, and you are not blamed for whatever your undead minions do. Therefore, this being Dwarf Fortress, the solution is obvious: become a necromancer, gather a bunch of corpses, pile them around the person you wish to assassinate, animate them and enjoy the show, reanimating fallen corpses until the clown is dead. Bonus points if your corpse pile is made up of dragons and giant sperm whales.
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

Tibbz2

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: July 11, 2013, 04:35:48 am »

Right when I'm trying to do a quest to kill someone in some underground place or 'catacombs' where do I find the entrance? I've been running around the marked task area like a headless chicken with no luck the past day :(
THE DEMONS ESCAPED MY ICE TRAP AND NOW MY LAST WARRIOR IS SMACKING THEM ALL DOWN WITH HER DECEASED TODDLER OH GOD THE BOOZE JUST EXPLODED AND THERE'S SMOKE AND FIRE EVERYWHERE JESUS CHRIST.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: July 11, 2013, 05:35:32 am »

A warning: attacking the clown-leader will make you an enemy of the entire civilisation, and, since it is not really a "creature of the night", accusing it of being so will not make it an enemy of the civilisation. Being a necromancer does not automatically make you an enemy of the civilisation, and you are not blamed for whatever your undead minions do. Therefore, this being Dwarf Fortress, the solution is obvious: become a necromancer, gather a bunch of corpses, pile them around the person you wish to assassinate, animate them and enjoy the show, reanimating fallen corpses until the clown is dead. Bonus points if your corpse pile is made up of dragons and giant sperm whales.

I'm reasonably sure the damn thing is [NOT_LIVING]. Killing it with interactions won't aggro it, right?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: July 11, 2013, 06:22:34 am »

Is it in a city keep? If so, you might be able to aggro a group of bandits from the catacombs, have them follow you, and lead them to the Sultan. Assuming your adventurer's strong enough to survive, and isn't too concerned about the lives of the other lords in the keep.
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: July 11, 2013, 07:29:59 am »

Is it in a city keep? If so, you might be able to aggro a group of bandits from the catacombs, have them follow you, and lead them to the Sultan. Assuming your adventurer's strong enough to survive, and isn't too concerned about the lives of the other lords in the keep.

Unfortunately it's in a standalone fortress's keep, so no dungeon. OTOH, there are a few more dragon leaders in the world, and all their keeps are littered with books, some containing secrets- maybe I get lucky and learn some interaction that can kill the bastard.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 328