Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328]

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 638775 times)

wysire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BGG Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4905 on: August 26, 2024, 11:16:21 pm »

I've tried to search here and Google in general but can't find the answer I need. I'm playing classic 47.05 with the lazy newb pack, adventurer mode. I thought my dwarf had successfully cleared a necromancer's tower and was victorious. But now whenever I fast travel and stop, I'm "bleeding!" and my skin has wounds on every part of the body. If I walk around just a couple of steps the bleeding stops but about 80% of the time as soon as I fast travel and stop, my dwarf is bleeding all over again. Is there some kind of ghoul Undead infection that the dwarf got? Or something else entirely? A bug?

I tried full-heal in dfhack but that didn't fix it. Z screen says I don't have any health problems.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: August 26, 2024, 11:26:09 pm »

The wound/description screens say nothing even when you look at it while "bleeding"? And do you actually lose blood, become faint or pale? Or leave a blood trail on the ground?

Is your character undead by the way? Like a intelligent undead or husk maybe?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

wysire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BGG Profile
« Reply #4907 on: August 26, 2024, 11:38:51 pm »

Says Heavy Bleeding on Z until I take a step or 2. I can't see that I'm undead. No blood trail, not faint or pale.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

wysire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BGG Profile
« Reply #4908 on: August 26, 2024, 11:44:53 pm »

Although the strongest odor is death. Maybe that's my dwarf...

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: August 26, 2024, 11:47:44 pm »

You can check syndromes with https://docs.dfhack.org/en/0.47.05-r8/docs/tools/show-unit-syndromes.html, though full-heal should remove any I think.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

wysire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BGG Profile
« Reply #4910 on: August 27, 2024, 12:13:11 am »

Tried syndromes command, can't seem to make it work. Either with just the unit selected on the map while (l)ooking or hitting a once he's being looked at.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: August 27, 2024, 12:44:04 am »

It doesn't giv any output if the selected unit doesn't hav any syndromes. Opening the z screen and using show-unit-syndromes selected, works for me. I am on DFHack 0.47.05-r8, if you're using the starter pack you're probably on r7; it looks like there weren't any changes to that tool though.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

wysire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BGG Profile
« Reply #4912 on: August 27, 2024, 07:57:59 am »

Thanks Ziusudra, now we're getting somewhere. I drank a bit so something would show up and used the syndrome command from launcher.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have a mystery...If it's not fatal I guess I have an interesting hero for a while. Like the melting bloody face of Major Toht in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Any idea how to clear up a mystery syndrome? I have tried clean, spotclean, full-heal (which heals him but then he's bleeding after fast travel again, lol). Syndrome doesn't show up in dfhack unless he's drunk. Man I love this game.

wysire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BGG Profile
« Reply #4913 on: August 27, 2024, 08:18:20 am »

After a little more research: I definitely ran into a Necromancer's Experiment, because I was being challenged with the "Identify yourself!" dialog at one of the necromancer's barrows (not the main tower). I think I have Night Sickness which has random symptoms. Quote from wiki: These range from mildly hazardous (mild blisters from inhaling boiling blood) to instantly fatal (severe necrosis from a contact poison attached to a breath weapon/creature made of blood).

Atesh thought he was going to go challenge Queen Tradewell for the Crown but life is uncertain FUN!

Mystery solved (I'm pretty sure). Thanks guys!

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: August 27, 2024, 06:16:17 pm »

Are there any contaminates on you or your stuff? Like some dust or extract that could be giving you the syndrome again?

wysire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BGG Profile
« Reply #4915 on: August 27, 2024, 10:36:08 pm »

I used the clean and spotclean commands before (and again just now) but I still bleed after fast travel. Unfortunately, I'm starting to have some crashes too. That would really be sad because I think this is survivable (and cool!)

Edit - actually I am seeing spots of blood from dead necromancers when I look at a few items I'm wearing. I was doing it wrong. "clean items" cleaned the blood off and I think I might be cured! Thanks Z!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2024, 10:42:46 pm by wysire »
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328]