Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 328

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 640028 times)

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1245 on: February 23, 2013, 12:49:19 pm »

Seeing as dwarfs can walk over creeks and you can build on top them, does this also mean invaders cannot dive under my wall, or should I still floor over it to help keep them out?
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: February 23, 2013, 09:57:23 pm »

Hello, Dorfs.
I wanted to add the "EDGE" attack for shaprened/knapped stones but I can't find it in the raws. Can someone give me the code, so I can add it? I'd really like to use sharpened rocks more efficiently on combat. Adding a "stab" for animal fangs would be awesome, too. Injecting a syndrome via stabbing with a rattlesnake's fang would be p awesome.

Has anyone a solution for this?

Nope. Sharpened rocks are just hardcoded rocks with an edge. Can't add it. Can't inject syndromes with any weapon without DFHack anyway. Can't add attacks to removed bodyparts, either.

Azrayel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: February 25, 2013, 01:42:20 pm »

I've traversed the sewers for a real hour, delved into the dungeon, and still am without the first sight of a temple or the catacombs thereof. I've also searched the streets with m cycled to telling me what buildings are nearby, of course.

I am on a quest to kill a Warlord turned criminal hiding out there; should I just give up?
I then asked a porcupine about its troubles and the game crashed.

Motherland Calling: Tsar Needs Block Breakers

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: February 25, 2013, 01:46:22 pm »

Dem dungeons are huge, and sometimes more complex than others.  Sometimes the catacombs link to the dungeon, sometimes the regions you are technically in shift through fingers.  Its funky down there.  Search harder or give up.  Try the catacombs if you are desperate, but besides the occassional river enterance. . .

They are there, however.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: February 25, 2013, 03:16:54 pm »

I've traversed the sewers for a real hour, delved into the dungeon, and still am without the first sight of a temple or the catacombs thereof. I've also searched the streets with m cycled to telling me what buildings are nearby, of course.

I am on a quest to kill a Warlord turned criminal hiding out there; should I just give up?
Most catacombs aren't connected to the sewers (in my experience). If you can't find the temple on the map, you should forget the quest.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Guuo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: February 27, 2013, 04:09:43 pm »

Is there a way to butcher corpses if you're not hungry? At the moment I am a vampire, thus I will never be hungry, yet I want to butcher corpses.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: February 27, 2013, 08:44:45 pm »

I edited the ethics raws and even that didn't help, so I'm thinking no.
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: February 28, 2013, 04:55:01 am »

This may seem like an old question which everyone knows the answer to, but, why does my elven adventurer's speed keep decreasing the more I train up his wrestling skill? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Grey_Wolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: February 28, 2013, 05:35:41 am »

This may seem like an old question which everyone knows the answer to, but, why does my elven adventurer's speed keep decreasing the more I train up his wrestling skill?

Is it possible He's gaining too much strength, and thus is being weighed down by all the muscle on his small frame?
Those sea serpents you sold me, they won't mate. They just swim around, eating, and not mating. You sold me... queer sea serpents. I want my money back.

Urist McFreud, Chief Psychotherapist Dwarf, has much to say regarding this statement.

Lopezruy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: March 02, 2013, 09:02:10 pm »

How do I heal or fix sensory damage of my dwarf adventurer? It kinda sucks. :|

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: March 02, 2013, 09:10:04 pm »

How do I heal or fix sensory damage of my dwarf adventurer? It kinda sucks. :|

You can't unless you become a were-<race>.
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: March 02, 2013, 09:55:08 pm »

Or, If you can figure out how, give nerves a healing rate and fast travel, even if it's only for one tile.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: March 02, 2013, 10:44:32 pm »

Or, If you can figure out how, give nerves a healing rate and fast travel, even if it's only for one tile.

Lopezruy's posting history shows they're still a novice to all aspects of the game.  Best not confuse things by adding raws editing to the mix.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: March 04, 2013, 07:32:12 am »

I'm rather surpised nobody has prepared a 'noob/cheat/make the game less painful to more casual players' pack. . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mentalpatient87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: March 04, 2013, 10:34:45 pm »

I'm sure it's been asked, but there are 84 pages in this thread and I need to know quick:

Does line of sight matter when stealing stuff? Because the only shopkeeper is in the other room and I could very well walk out with all the food I'll ever need.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow dwarf is either a fool or a coward. Whoever can not take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded dwarf shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 328