Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211177 times)

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did I miss some kind of event? That amount of credits seems a bit too high.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile

All month long event. every time you reach 30 kills in a tier 4 or higher tank in a single day, you get 300k

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Soo i unlocked the second KV-4 turret.
God that thing is hilarious.

For one things miniturret it is universally assumed to be a weak spot by everyone BUT it actually has 180 armor on the (well sloped) front AND it also have pretty darn sharp angles on the sides.
In fact last game it probably bounced a IS that hit it DEAD center (the only lower tier tanks were 2 scouts that didn't even fire at all)

I did hear that the gun mantle is weaksauce but in my last game it apparently bounced a shot from a Tiger 2 (who then resorted to spitting HE at me)
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #2688 on: September 02, 2013, 07:11:52 am »

Not really world of tanks related, more real life tanks related, but apparently there is a new Polish-UK light tank concept.

Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #2689 on: September 02, 2013, 08:16:41 am »

Prophet Rex foresees a free T8 Prem in the very near future, given you are up for a little bit of a workout.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: September 02, 2013, 09:01:55 am »

Do tell.

I only know of the VK3001H change giving you an extra tank and a slot for it (the 3002M). But no changes to current T8 tanks have been mentioned.

Unless you mean the T-44-122 which will most probably be a tester only reward tank.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: September 02, 2013, 10:42:43 am »

Straight up mission reward that we should be seeing within a day or three, no patch shenanigans or anything. This goes for the NA server at least, not sure when EU is going to get something similar. This is NDA stuff, though, so you never heard anything.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: September 02, 2013, 10:55:50 am »

Not really world of tanks related, more real life tanks related, but apparently there is a new Polish-UK light tank concept.

Looks like Poland will into space in that thing.
What's it called?

As for the mission system... i'm actually quite excited for it since it might make high tier tanks indirectly profitable.
Self promotion below.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: September 02, 2013, 06:05:24 pm »

Looks like Poland will into space in that thing.
What's it called?

PL 01 is the only name I've come across.

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20130828/DEFREG01/308280026/UK-Polish-Group-Unveils-New-Vehicle-Demonstrator more information.

As for the mission: I wonder how much work this one will be.  Would be rather nice to get though.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 06:08:01 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: September 04, 2013, 02:55:18 pm »

The KV-4 weakspot hard at work.

Also for those wondering why i'm down there while the action was taking place elsewhere...
I was well past the town when 2 enemy meds started capping our base.
EVERYONE rushed for the meds but i decided to push onwards (alone) because there was a SPG somewhere.
The SPG was found near the enemy meds trying to play TD so i just parked at the base and began checking where i was penned... and the turret caught my attention.
Self promotion below.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: September 04, 2013, 04:20:03 pm »

I only know of the VK3001H change giving you an extra tank and a slot for it (the 3002M). But no changes to current T8 tanks have been mentioned.

Wait, what are they doing to my baby? I love that thing. It's like a hellcat, but balanced.

Fakedit:
OH GOD WHY. I love the 3001H! A tier V heavy? What the hell are they thinking?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: September 04, 2013, 04:46:31 pm »

Wait, what are they doing to my baby? I love that thing. It's like a hellcat, but balanced.

Fakedit:
OH GOD WHY. I love the 3001H! A tier V heavy? What the hell are they thinking?

Apparently the 3001H was planned to be a heavy tank IRL so they decided to make it into one.
The changes are:
Make it a hell of a lot slower in everything.
Keep most of the current guns (It can use the Konish at Tier5)

Basically it's a slow heavy with crap armor but nice guns.

You liked your fast tank?
Too bad go play france!
Self promotion below.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: September 04, 2013, 05:09:55 pm »

It really is amazing that of all the changes they could've made, they decided to change the 3001h, and that radically. Why? It was the fast and challenging alternative to the 3601, and that was great. It's not like a hellcat where you just aim wherever and hurp derp 160 pen people, but it was still good. The choice between 3601 and 3001 H was pretty close, and together they made the tier VI German medium lines fun. Now, why bother? This'll be the second consecutive update where my favorite tank gets wrecked/removed pointlessly. Apparently the tiger will be better, at least.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: September 04, 2013, 05:13:53 pm »

3001h gets konish? And is going lower tier? And gets preffered matchmaking of ht? Shame they are lowering its dmg though (165 to 135 for 3601h also) :( . Pen will be nice but you can forget about out-dpming anything.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: September 05, 2013, 07:15:42 am »

Well you'll get the Panther prototype which seems to be nice and mobile, but it does lack the 88mm gun.

I'm slightly worried by the changes to the 36H honestly, it was a beastly tank and I'm not sure how it is now. Sure it seems beefier and now there's actually a point in using the top turret, but being mobile with nice armour was kinda it's thing, you know, like a KV1S but without the 122mm :S

Anyways, the leaks of the upcoming German TD branch paint a lovely picture of paper tanks prone to arty OHK but at the same time packing incredible firepower. 88/l71 on T6? Yes please! 128mm on T7? Count me in!
Some of them do look funny tho (especially the T5), the T9 one is a Pz4 hull with a big ass 150mm gun on top, quite cute :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 251