Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211137 times)

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #2715 on: September 11, 2013, 07:30:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am going to miss this.

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #2716 on: September 11, 2013, 10:52:09 pm »

I've become sick of waiting for World of Warships, so I've bought myself a TOG II*.

Best money investment I've ever made.

10/10 would sail again.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: September 12, 2013, 09:54:15 am »

Lastly, 8.8 should be released on NA on the 12th.

It got pushed back to the 18th afaik.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: September 13, 2013, 04:57:06 am »

It's an okay update, has its problems and I dislike some of the changes (mainly the mobility hit of the 36H, but it's damn strong anyways) and some of them are pretty good, like the 30M and the 30H which are both pretty awesome tanks (if anyone missed the old Pz4 they will find the 30H extremely similar).

And unrelated to the update, the shitstorm that's brewing around Golden Joystick is just priceless to watch :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: September 17, 2013, 11:39:20 pm »

8.8 finally on its way in a few hours. Woot.
Steam Profile
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: September 18, 2013, 07:16:57 am »

It's a long time since 36h was sooooo OP and here we have another nerf. Tiger buff makes it not more a free exp. It might even become best tank for high-level games, where everyone know how to shoot and basically only dpm/hp matters. There just aren't any tier 7 high-level games.
I like that they buffed e-50 to barely playable tank, finally it can bounce some noobshots. It's still 2nd worst tier 9 for me (there is lorraine which is amx 50 100 but worse and tier higher). With it's tier 7-8 penetration it can't snipe high tiers. DPM is ok-ish with buffed top gun (nice acc buff too). This med tank is bigger than a barn. Depression buff applies only when you are aiming sideways. So you either show your side (instant death if spotted) or you can't shoot enemy at all. Mobility seems to be buffed more than nerfed. Got an average wr of 58% overall but this tank is so bad i'm not making 48% (just made top gun).
I started to hate so much tanks that are team-depended lately. You have only a CHANCE to win if you solo 3 enemies preferably higher tier and survive to help your team. By the time that happens your "team" kamikazed going 1 by 1 on camped enemies.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: September 18, 2013, 03:27:50 pm »

First Impressions of 8.8.

First off, fix the bloody garage scrolling! Its laggy!

Also, national voices are awesome, makes me want to play my german tanks more.

Can't say much about the Tier 6 Panther Prototype, haven't driven much.
Cant' say I'm particularly interested in the new Russian mediums. (Except maybe the 416 but I want the t-44 more if I ever go further down that tree)
Steam Profile

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: September 23, 2013, 04:50:39 am »

I do not play my KV-2 nearly enough
There is something deeply satisfying about sending that 152mm shell into a soft spot and watching the health just melt away

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: September 23, 2013, 05:28:29 am »

There is something deeply satisfying about sending that 152mm shell into a soft spot and watching the health just melt away

There is something ever more satisfying about sending a 152mm BL-10 shell straight into the ammorack of a t-54.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: September 23, 2013, 05:43:11 am »

Well my best shot with a KV-2 was when i wanted to hit some medium far away on westfield.
I was in the town and he was on the other side of the valley (near the bridge) the shot missed... and killed a KV1s behind it.
After the game i learned that it dealt 810 damage.

Another screwball situation i got myself into with the KV-2 was when i charged a barely alive KV1s (22 hp or so left) so i drove up to him ate the hit from his 122 aimed straight at him... fire... and NOTHING happened as if i fired off a dud.
I got saved by my teammates to but looking at the resoults screen i learned that i hit his cannon... and only damaged it.

I also had a cool experience with my KV1s in Live Oaks where i was getting dominated by another KV1s... simply put my shots bounced or went off course completely and his didn't so i had to hide with like 100 hp VS his 810.
He got distracted with my teammates and revealed the side of his turret i took a shot and BAM one hit KO in the ammo rack.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: September 23, 2013, 06:16:29 am »

There is something ever more satisfying about sending a 152mm BL-10 shell straight into the ammorack of a t-54.

Putting any shell into any ammo rack is satisfying, ammo racks are just plain fun

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: September 27, 2013, 04:57:37 pm »

So with the Light tank contest over I am now siting on 3300 gold (and wishing I'd play on NA, where my game would have been good enough to get Type 62) and am now pondering wether I should go for a Dicker Max or SU-100Y. Does anybody has any experience with one of these and wishes to share them?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: September 27, 2013, 05:07:50 pm »

I've had the DMax for a while now. It's a pretty nice vehicle tbh. The armour is non existant and the mobility is mediocre, what does save it though is the extremely nice gun and awesome gun depression.

This one is made to hug hills and to snipe targets from afar, exposing yourself as little as possible, with that in mind it can be a damn effective dpm machine as well as a nice moneymaker.

Can't comment on the SU much though since I hadn't driven that one.

Watch a few videos on YT or somewhere to get a better picture of the two before deciding upon the purchase.

Or wait for two patches for the Jap premium to come into the game shop and get that, since that one seems pretty nice.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: September 27, 2013, 05:46:06 pm »

If you don't have the patience to wait for World of Warships, are in it for a few cheap laughs or simply want to absolutely take a piss on a KV-2s day by soaking up a direct hit in a tank of the same tier and proceed to utterly violate his fat turret, I can only suggest that you somehow acquire the TOG II* if you don't already have it - even if it means to save up a little more gold. The landship is worth it, if only for the comedic value of driving one.

Plus, at times you'll kick ass simply because people will underestimate it - the gun still hurts a ton or two, but it's still advisable to bring along a friend or so to keep your flanks clean because they're so fucking huge.

At least you don't have to worry about being rammed to death anymore. Sometimes you might just be able to kill that nasty little jackass who's circling around you simply by swerving your TOG's ass into his movement path and have him run into almost a hundred-ish tons of British steel.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: September 27, 2013, 05:47:36 pm »

I've finally become able to actually get playing this on my Mac. However, it sort of crashed as soon as I fired on an enemy light tank from afar.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 251