Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211183 times)

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile

I feel like we need more T29s, this just doesn't feel like enough, y'know?

Spoiler: Biggish image (click to show/hide)

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The best part of that was the tier V TD platoon that got put in that match. I'm sure they had a wonderful time.

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile

That Wolverine actually outlasted most of the team, it was moderately hilarious

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know what is not hilarious? Driving a stock lorraine :'(
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile

The tier nine heavy, or the tier three, seven, or eight SPG?

I think there might be too many Lorraines

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd be IskuP76_Erkki in WoT.

Say me hi if you see me.  ;)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

You know what is not hilarious? Driving a stock lorraine :'(

The Lorry never gets hillarious, or funny, or fun.

It just stays shit, forever and ever.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Soooo... i have sold my KV-3 and migrated the crew to the uber hax KV-4

At tier 8 the gun that didn't really change since tier 6 becomes utter crap barely capable of penetrating anything... oh well 30k exp till i get a usable gun!

Also in the news:
I got hit by a hummel for 0 damage.
It damaged my cannon and damaged one of my tracks.

The summary told me i have been hit by 900 something explosive damage... but the tanks HP was untouched.

Edit: I decided to recheck the replay... i was HIT directly in the cannon by a hummel shell.
Literally in the very tip.
And it didn't even destroy the cannon.
Nope it only got damaged when it should "fly off in an arc".
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 06:32:18 pm by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The 122mm is still quite viable on the KV-4. You just have to use it smart and not be afraid to use HE either. Even when I was low tier in it, I could switch to HE and while not deal a ton of straight up HP damage, do a lot of crew and equipment hits which would let my team be more effective against them. (I actually got quite a lot of XP via "spotting" damage after tracking tier 9s and 10s.) Still, if you like the tank, get the upgraded gun, I hear it's amazing.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

That feel when you put the killing shot into a Conqueror with your IS-3, a tank the Conqueror was designed to kill.  :P
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Used a T-28 to kill an M3 Lee and a KV-1. They both attacked around a rock, so I kept the KV back while the Lee tried to flank, but I was ready, and shot it until it died. KV attacked too, and missed! Then a group of three T-40s distracted the KV so I was able to shoot in between it's tracks, and was the killing blow.

I went on to damage a second KV-1 but then we were winning handily and I didn't reach anyone else. Survived with 7 hp.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So after a grueling day spent playing on the KV-4...

20k exp... after over 6 hours of playing with virtual tanks.

And i had to play several hours on other tanks to get those 30 kills for the daily because during that time i maybe had one or two with the KV-4.
I'll probably get that (hopefully) WORKING gun that can actually penetrate something because i'm fed up with dings after shooting squarely in the SIDE of a medium... hell this thing can bounce of just about anything this tank faces. It was so bad i actually started using purely HE ammo and was thinking about spamming gold ammo.

At least it does between 1-150 damage per shot instead of zilch.

Hopefully this nightmare will end once i get that top gun.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Had a funny match in my T-44 just now.

Well it was more sad tbh.

Out of our 11 kills I had 8. We lost. I was killed in the very last second of the match, they capped after killing the rest of my team, I asked nicely.
At the time they started capping I had 6 kills and 180-ish HP left. There was about six of them left. This was Encounter on Steppes btw. And as I'm idly driving away from the cap because it seemed they would indeed cap I spot the enemy JPanther and AMX AC46 starting to go after me. I tell them to piss off. The AC continues chasing blindly and I put two shots into him that finish him off. I tell the same to the JPanther, he too ignores my warning and promptly gets shot dead.

Thinking they wouldn't mess with me anymore I continue driving trough the middle ditch and just as the counter reaches 100 I turn a corner and face an IS-3 which pops me quite easily.

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I decided to show my girlfriend the game a bit. Loaded up a game in the AMX 40, popped the 2nd gun and 1st turret on for duck mode. And then this happened.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pearl river. I went north with a TD, everybody else went south. TD rushed ahead of me and got swarmed by 5 enemy tanks before I had even reached the valley, so I prepared to defend the end of it. 117 bounced shots from the enemy, 4 dead tanks including an Alecto that tried to ram me out of frustration, only one of them got away by turning and running.

When the stars align, early French lights are amazing fun.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 251