Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211166 times)

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lol, nice.

The problem with the amx40 is that the outcome of an engagement is not determined by your skill, but by the tank you face. If you face a low pen, low armour tank its an auto-win as he can't damage you. If you face a high pen, high armour tank its an auto lose as you can't do anything with the piss poor penetration and speed.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

So... I Just got my second scout medal ever. The First one I got on my Valentine II.

This one I got on....
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Heh, I once got Patrol Duty (the one for spotting 5k damage) simply by being huddled in a corner with my Indien Pz. while enemies kept rushing to finish me off and got killed by my team instead XD
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So i'm around 500 exp form the top KV-4 gun.

It was 1000 5 games ago... i just can't seem to pen anyone even with the clown tank skins.
Last game was noteworthy with a Tiger II right in front of me.
I was half and all of my teammates were dead aside of the arty so i decided to shoot the machinegun port and BAM i'm dead but as i watch the husk of my tank i notice yellow numbers flying in the air... 422... guess i penned!

Then i check my stats.
0 penetrations.
Wha?

Then i noticed... i was rammed by a FCM 50 t literally the same second i shot the tiger 2.
Oh and the shot at the machinegun port at point blank either missed or didn't pen for one reason or another.

Oh and i'm going to get the remaining 500 exp through free exp i'll get from playing other tanks because this gun is torture.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I know the feeling, the last 10k exp for the BatChat 25t was pretty much like that. As soon as my premium ran out and I was in the home stretch the tank became incredibly shit and my luck went way south. So I postponed it a bit and got some free xp to help out, because screw that tank, screw it a lot.
AS - IG

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

I've been experiencing that with the Churchill...
I just don't have as far to go to get the top gun that can hopefully actually pen something...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So i forced myself to play several games in KV-4 and there it is! The long 106 with godlike penetration!

In other news... i'm also have a greman heavy line (both lines in fact but i'm only at tier 6 mediums ATM) and noticed that the tiger and tiger(p) both suffer from the same problem that menaced my KV-4.

THE STOCK GUNS!

They get the stug gun with 150 penetration... not really terrible but the DPS is underwhelming.
But wait! There is an early upgrade!
8,8 KwK!!... it has 132 penetration.

And then there is the howitzer but who in the right mind would use the howitzer on a slow paper tank?

Guess i'll have more reasons to whine once i get them.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I stopped bothering with the stock tiger a while ago. If the tiger has anything going for it it's the top gun, and without it... uggghhh. You're a fat 3601 with hellish matchmaking.

Apparently the removal of the t-50-2 transferred the t-50's experience to the KV-1S. I had enough to research all the components on it before buying it, but stupidly researched the t-50-2's crap replacement instead, not really knowing where the experience was coming from. All of my rage.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Funnily enough I think that the 88L/71 has the lowest DPM of any of the Tigers guns, not entirely sure of it but I'm fairly certain since the stock tank has it at around 2k but once upgraded it drops down quite a bit, just like the AMX M45
AS - IG

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's really more a question of penning things. The VK's 8.8 is a great gun, but really inadequate on a tier VII heavy. Makes me feel bad for the vk 30.02 or whatever (the medium after the 30.01 d).

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile

The long 8.8 is definitely worth the effort, I'm finding, the Tiger becomes a lovely sniper with it, the lowish damage is more than made up for by the accuracy and penetration, and the rate of fire ain't half bad to boot

Makes all the tier nine rounds less painful, at least

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Speaking of Tiger, it along with some other German tanks are getting some changes in 8.8 apparently

Notably a pretty significant buff to the long 88.
- 88mm L/71: ROF increased from 6,98 to 8,96
- 88mm L/71: aimtime reduced from 2,9 to 2,7

--

In other news after a few rather shitty matches in my t20, my second tier 8 has been unlocked, I now own a Pershing!  :)
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

JagdPanther II
- Same speed increase to 55
- Traverse buff: 30 > 38
Yes please.

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

anyone else having fun with the mm lately? Last week or so, I've been max 10 times in the top 3 and most of the time in bottom 3, out of some 100 or so games. Had really pain to exp for IS-2, not complete yet I might add despite daily x3 and x5.

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile

Quote from: 8.8 Public Test notes
New Map: Tundra, a rocky Soviet-inspired map

Serene Coast returns
Komarin returns
Swamp returns
Added Encounter mode for Mountain Pass

Oh hell yes
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 251