Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1316 1317 [1318] 1319 1320 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376638 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19755 on: November 04, 2017, 10:50:55 pm »

JUST AS PLANNED TEHEHEHE

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #19756 on: November 05, 2017, 10:43:19 pm »

Spellican. The game dedicates an entire world's story arc(both main character's versions of it) to showing how much a pain in the ass it is, and it shows as the boss of another world where it really is a dangerous enemy. Six health bars, it teleports about, and it's attacks are random and nigh-impossible to dodge. The fight opens with a very long chase. I managed to get it down to about two health bars, before it turned its staff into a giant sword and hit me in the face while I was fumbling with the command list to cast Curaga.

Also, it's slight resemblance to a Lord of Change is probably appropriate(both are magic birds that wreck your shit).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh! Said abilities do actually exist! You just have to find the right pets and train them until the trait or what have you is available. That said, seeing you post these reminds me that I need to finish my own Pride Run...
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19757 on: November 06, 2017, 05:33:07 pm »

...Spellican again. Halfway through the fight there's another chase segment. You have only the health you entered the chase with and cannot heal. Also, some of Spellican's bullets are impossible to evade, it's largely dependent on the angle he fires them at. I had about 10% of my health left.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19758 on: November 07, 2017, 03:45:13 am »

Played left 4 dead 2 again for the first time in nearly a decade.  First match was a hotjoin into some modded server where everyone was hunters and the survivor team was made up of about 12 Zoeys on a finale map that I assume never ended. And the point of the game was supposedly to spend more time 'raping' zoey than the other infected players.  Classy.  Left that as soon as I figured out the controls enough again to start paying attention to the server messages.

2nd Match was an official server.  Warned folks that I hadn't played in awhile.  Was informed that if I suck I probably wasn't good anyway.  First round, infected, hunter pounced and downed bill on a ladder.  Pounced the survivor that came to rescue him too and almost downed him as well, bill died while the survivors were dealing with me and rescuing the other guy.  Next spawn spitter, misjudged the range on my spit and the shot came up short.  Was told by the infected team to uninstall.  Next round, survivors.  Get left behind almost immediately.  Kill a hunter trying to pounce me, rescue a Frances that was being jockey'd and also left behind. Get boomered and smokere'd, frances abandons me.  Get votekicked, even by the frances I saved.  Uninstalled.

Yep, nothing shows how much a bad community can kill a good game quite like that.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19759 on: November 08, 2017, 01:28:31 pm »

Mild ragequit when I learned that my blueberry plants weren't all within the range of my scarecrow.

EDIT: Animation of two people in the middle of a passageway glitched out, blocking me from moving forward with 3-4 angry people with shotguns behind me.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 08:41:20 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19760 on: November 11, 2017, 12:55:44 am »

I had a wee bit of a close shave, not quite a death.  From what I hear, you don't really become a true explorer until you have the heartstopping experience of jumping *through* a star point-blank.  Apparently, I am now a (rather singed) explorer.  Five stars, two of which were close enough to the jump emergence point that my poor abused Adder went crazy immediately on entry into the system.  Thank heavens for heat sinks.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 12:58:11 am by Culise »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19761 on: November 11, 2017, 05:35:40 am »

The probable final boss(maybe? All the previous games give you warning before the final boss) is a frantic fight against someone who teleports all over the place, and has several very difficult attacks, including a wave of homing bullets that inflict Slow and trapping you in some kind of cage that has no warning and can instakill you from full health.

Oh, and beating him immediately transitions into what may be a timed battle against something creating projections of him that, if you die, have to start the previous fight over again.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #19762 on: November 11, 2017, 07:41:00 am »

VTM: Bloodlines. First mission against big bad tzimisce. Didn't find how to get in the house(how?), so i noclippped inside. Killed all monsters except one, then run into room with big bad. He then started his monologue-cutscene. While he talked, that last monster clawed on me constantly. Monologue was pretty short, but monster managed to kill me before proper time-pausing(?) dialogue beginned.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19763 on: November 11, 2017, 11:05:30 am »

Is that the house full of gore where you fight in the basement? Iirc you can get in at the backside.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #19764 on: November 11, 2017, 01:19:59 pm »

Googled it. Yep, it's possible to get in witout noclip. Nope, it's totally not obvious :X
There are not much places in a game where PC can climb without ladder. It was mostly, if not only, climbing in ventilation, or something like that. And because no one ever looks up, i didn't even noticed that there was a balkony.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #19765 on: November 12, 2017, 11:11:57 pm »

Lost 3 of my best soldiers instantly in an accident at the start of an EXALT mission. I made the mistake of clustering my soldiers around cars near the skyranger, then accidentally moving the covert operative too far and activating a group of EXALT at the end of my turn. They had a heavy who then launched a rocket at my soldiers, blowing up the car and killing 3 out of 6, including the only high level support I had left with the medkits and my only two assaults.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19766 on: November 13, 2017, 12:15:54 am »

Forgot to bring dung bombs. While hunting the Crimson Quropeco.

Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19767 on: November 13, 2017, 02:27:23 am »

"I think I'll turn on simulation steering. How much harder could it possibly be ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

Forza Horizon 3

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #19768 on: November 13, 2017, 07:20:26 am »

Valkyria Chronicles, chapter 16. After all the bullshit of this game, after all the enemy mortars that shoot everywhere except your troops (preferrably the very walls they are supposed to protect), after exploding DAMNED HEAVY TANK with THREE BULLETS FROM SCOUT RIFLE, i finally found worst of the worst of gameplay things in this extremely overrated game. It's Marmota's hitbox.

At first try, it pressed my mook in 2D state while not touching him, but he was in hypothetical perfect rectangle, with widest and longest points being the wides and longest points of Marmota. Ok, devs were very lazy, and just made a rectangle hitbox, it's annoying. At second try i get a bit suspicios - hitbox seems to extend past that rectangle. At third, it smashed my scout that hided behind pile of rocks behind another rock. And at fourth, it smashed my tank at the end of passage in not goes in. Then i gived up, and looked in walktrough.

I supposed that you must explode all bombs before minefield, then hide bihind piles of rocks and wait for Marmota to make  way trough the minefield for you. Then you run around it as fast as possible and explode the rest, easy peasy. Turns out, you must not hide your tank, you must go trough the very minefield this wunderwaffen should go in (well, not last one, but i thought it's to scrath it a bit before main one), then explode rest of the bombs.
   Now i wonder who and for what purposes placed this minefield here.Empire Of Darkness have absolutely no reason to make that excessive fortifications here, and probably no ability(it's supposed to be sudden rush of freaking land superdreadnought that goes at 100 km/h trough supposedly impassable terrain, isn't it?). And Kingdom OF Light have absolutely no reason to place anti-personnel mines here, it should be anti-tank ones, if any. And to add last drop to my bafflement, there is a wonderful phrase said by Alisia after Marmota almost passes said minefield:
"Look, Velkin, there are another fork!"
I'm not even raging at gallian commanders that don't tell their troops vital information(for all the country, no less!),  but doesn't it looks like they are not supposed to know about it? So, my method to hide the tank in first blocked passage and not ruch in was right, tight?
     I give up on understanding developers. This mission was made by lovecraftian allien, incoprensible and horrible. It's a finish.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 07:43:05 am by MCreeper »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #19769 on: November 13, 2017, 07:52:32 am »

Valkyria Chronicles, chapter 16. After all the bullshit of this game, after all the enemy mortars that shoot everywhere except your troops (preferrably the very walls they are supposed to protect), after exploding DAMNED HEAVY TANK with THREE BULLETS FROM SCOUT RIFLE, i finally found worst of the worst of gameplay things in this extremely overrated game. It's Marmota's hitbox.
[...]
     I give up on understanding developers. This mission was made by lovecraftian allien, incoprensible and horrible. It's a finish.
o-o Is it that level where you outrun a giant tankship?
All I brought was Alicia and the Edelweiss :P You can get an A rank that way if you check which barrels to hit by seeing ahead--there is a minefield to go through yourself but you can run the Edelweiss ahead (I did Alicia because me and minefields have an intimate relationship, especially since I experimented many missions beforehand how to 'boost' my troops worth every movement point, knowing I won't be killing them .-.). There are tank mines on the road but they are obvious. The minefields are also obvious, and the lore reason is because that area is pretty much a stopgap for the Empire--the Gallian army did not expect the Marmota to head that way and had to deploy its emergency troops.

And yes you can hide your tank. :P But at the very end (Not where you end up with Alicia at the ending, but at the bit where there are a few trees and a log at the last Y fork).
Pages: 1 ... 1316 1317 [1318] 1319 1320 ... 1575