Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1317 1318 [1319] 1320 1321 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376480 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19770 on: November 13, 2017, 10:10:24 am »

Got brutally mauled by a savage after accidentally stepping in the beartrap that I put down to catch him. It was some downdight Wile E. Coyote thing, except with more relentless violence.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Goatex

• Bay Watcher
  • I like DF. :) I draw and write.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19771 on: November 13, 2017, 01:17:36 pm »

I cornered and Elk between a few trees, it decided to fight back. Stabbed me with its hoof in the body, rendering me unconscious, then it killed me while I was out. I never though and Elk would get me. I hope my dog avenged me.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #19772 on: November 13, 2017, 08:45:12 pm »

Got brutally mauled by a savage after accidentally stepping in the beartrap that I put down to catch him. It was some downdight Wile E. Coyote thing, except with more relentless violence.

I've never been able to use bear traps effectively in a barricade situation because one way or another I end up stepping on them. Instead I just use broken glass since it can't hurt you.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19773 on: November 16, 2017, 01:11:22 am »

Landing on a beach, I set up my first shack for shelter on top of a rock outcropping.  In the past, I have had issues with walking out of my house only to find a surprise theri or raptor.  The logic was therefore that since the only access point was via a thin tree trunk they couldn't climb on, I would be secure from any dinosaurs that wandered by my home just as I walked out.  The issue with having only one way in or out that didn't immediately occur to me is, of course, that while dinosaurs have no way up, I have no other way down at low levels.

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19774 on: November 16, 2017, 02:17:54 am »

I haven't been eyeing it as much as I have other games, but it's always sorta been in the back of my mind. Well, lord Gabe decided that this week is the week it'll go on sale for 80% off, so I decided to scoop it up. I've more or less got movement and combat down... Except for bosses. I'm having a difficult time going down in levels thanks to 'em. Especially red dragons. Damn red dragons.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19775 on: November 16, 2017, 10:34:15 am »

Was firing rifle grenades out of a doorway at an overhead helicopter. It started to pull up, so I aimed higher. Too slow did I notice that I aimed too high, and hit the door frame. Which was 6 inches from my face.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #19776 on: November 16, 2017, 11:04:24 am »

Landing on a beach, I set up my first shack for shelter on top of a rock outcropping.  In the past, I have had issues with walking out of my house only to find a surprise theri or raptor.  The logic was therefore that since the only access point was via a thin tree trunk they couldn't climb on, I would be secure from any dinosaurs that wandered by my home just as I walked out.  The issue with having only one way in or out that didn't immediately occur to me is, of course, that while dinosaurs have no way up, I have no other way down at low levels.

This game should have really horrible optimisation to force everyone on Steam complain about it. What graphic settings it is? Not looking as great as in trailers.  :P

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19777 on: November 16, 2017, 02:36:41 pm »

Those are the kind of graphics settings you get when you run with a seven-year-old budget-line graphics card with 1GB of onboard RAM.  Sometimes, I'm a bit surprised the poor thing hasn't died out of overwork and spite. ^_^
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 02:39:30 pm by Culise »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19778 on: November 17, 2017, 08:49:01 pm »

Might have crapped on the US economy by ordering about 30 facilities to be built at once. Half of them coal power plants, and the rest is 2/3rd's industrial goods, 1/3rd consumer goods.

Almost immediately, the treasury dropped about $2 billion, then dropped another $3 billion over the next couple of months. It's since stabilized, holding at around $12 billion, but the facilities are being delayed by lack of industrial goods and shortages of consumer goods and electricity are hurting my approval ratings*.

In the meantime, Hitler declared war on France, and blitzkrieged across the Maginot Line.In real life, Hitler attacked Belgium to bypass the line. He also did this 2 years later than he did in this game.

Oh, and Mexico hates me.

EDIT: The wiki lied. It said always bet on green. 75% win rate my ass. Lost three times in a row twice despite reading that 3 orange in a row is coded to be impossible.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 06:33:38 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #19779 on: November 20, 2017, 07:22:57 pm »

I was doing nothing in particular, sitting around and waiting to build up enough piety and gold to declare a border dispute war, when a gigantic, 8,000 Aquitinian liberation revolt seized all of my land.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19780 on: November 20, 2017, 07:27:48 pm »

Was just trying to sharpen my hammer, then I was knocked by a fire vent into a Rhenopolos attack into an Agnaktor's beam...

Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19781 on: November 21, 2017, 05:24:47 pm »

Due to plot shenanigans, the party's tank is replaced with a flimsy loli whose stats and skillset are garbage... just before a major boss battle(specifically, just for this boss battle). Also, said boss is capable of acting 2-3 times a turn, and each time it acts it can fire off its most powerful attack, hitting the party for about a third of their HP each. The first time I went at it, I screwed up, used up the DPS-mage's limit break to launch a powerful, expensive, water spell... on a boss that heals from water attacks(it's weak to fire).

Oh, and immediately after that boss, you're thrown into a second boss fight using a second party(that the tank was switched into), again with two decent members and one mostly useless one. Except this guy has an instant-death attack.

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19782 on: November 23, 2017, 05:51:43 am »

Playing at Hard difficulty, thinking "well, the first game was quite easy, this one won't be a problem" only to find out that, at the beginning, the game does not wait for you to get the most basic of abilities before throwing anything and everything at you. As a result, it takes me more than 1 hour of effort before I can finally get my own captain. I find him chilling with someone else and I attack, managing to separate the two, and defeat one, bringing him to my side.

As I tell him to leave, I try to get the second one, despite knowing it's a desperate attempt and I will probably fail. And, of course, I am defeated in 20 seconds; the enemy, though, instead of killing me, gives me a brief speech about how he "expected something decent" and leaves. As I get up, thinking if I should track him down and try again, the other guy, the one I brought to my side only a minute before, shows up, saying something along the line of "That was embarassing, why would I serve someone so weak?" and immediately betrays me, killing me in a few hits.

It took me 30 more minutes to get another captain... and he promptly died in his first mission.

The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19783 on: November 23, 2017, 10:36:34 am »

That honestly sounds... pretty neat.

Though shadow of war has been getting a lot of justifiable hate for microtransactions and loot boxes, from what I understand there’s a good game underneath (up until you get to Act 4 at least). If there are more moments like that in the game it might just be still worth buying.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #19784 on: November 23, 2017, 11:21:48 am »

Got spiked by a Mario F-Air...

Twice.

Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"
Pages: 1 ... 1317 1318 [1319] 1320 1321 ... 1575