Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1266 1267 [1268] 1269 1270 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2377294 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19005 on: April 12, 2017, 12:28:08 pm »

Chloranthy ring. Carthus Blood ring. Green blossom. Spam rolls. Become unstoppable.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19006 on: April 12, 2017, 12:32:59 pm »

i want at least some dignity left, arx
Black lives matter.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #19007 on: April 12, 2017, 12:41:48 pm »

i want at least some dignity left, arx

Thaaat's going in the sig.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19008 on: April 12, 2017, 01:03:55 pm »

>:0
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19009 on: April 12, 2017, 01:41:03 pm »

By the way, the most recent patch dropped the time the Seed is in effect from 90 minutes to about 45 seconds, and also put a cooldown on summons so hosts can't just sit at the bonfire and essentially wait out an invasion. My brother (an invader, primarily Aldrich Faithful) loves it. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19010 on: April 12, 2017, 01:56:31 pm »

Is that what that update was just now? I'm so grateful.
Black lives matter.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19011 on: April 12, 2017, 01:57:45 pm »

Friend of mine hates it, claims FROM is actively trying to ruin their game experience by encouraging invaders to only attack with help from stuff like ring knights.  Claiming that an invader that knows where to sit and wait literally and in every sense of the word makes the game impossible.   A giant seed would prevent them from doing that.  Now all they need to do is take cover for a minute and then just go right back to camping, instead of forcing the invader to fight them.  He claims that he is boycotting the game until FROM corrects this.

I admit I see where he's coming from.  But as an invader myself I see the invader side of it as well.  How fair is it for me as a Farron to finally get a rare as hell invasion only to be faced with the host and 3 phantoms?  How is that any different?

EDIT: Personally I'd be happy with an invasion timer based on how many allied phantoms the host has.  Host alone? Invader has 3 minutes to kill him. Host and 1 phantom? 10 minutes. Host and 2 phantoms? No time limit.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 02:01:16 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19012 on: April 12, 2017, 02:01:52 pm »

Wow, let's see. Invaders have half their normal Estus, have non-Embered health, and are almost always going to face a host and a phantom at the same time. More likely than not it's more than one.

And the poor, poor hosts just trying to enjoy their game have all their Estus, have the health increase from Embering, are very likely to be invaded while they have at least one summon, and they're completely able to snag another one when an invader shows up, and they can just wait until the invader is near the Giant Tough Mob #6 of the area to pop a seed. Bam, invasion over.

Your friend is right, this update is so unfair. ::)

to clarify i'm rolling my eyes at him not you
Black lives matter.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19013 on: April 12, 2017, 02:08:43 pm »

In my own personal experience 2 ring knights and a invader more than make up for having full estus.  Theres also that you have to be invaded what, 3 or 4 times to get one giant seed?  I'll quite often get the same asshole twice in a row and not have another giant seed for the second time he parks his ass on that damn chapel at the end of the swamp. (or any of the abundance of similar chokepoints in other areas)  What are you expected to do get gud to kill 2 ring knights and an invader at the same time?   I bet you couldn't.

EDIT: Even with a giant seed you aren't killing all three of the ring knights at that chapel in 45 seconds.  And they don't even need to wait that long, even with a seed, YOU have threat, not the invader.  They won't attack the invader unless they are stupid and hit them.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 02:19:29 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #19014 on: April 12, 2017, 02:22:59 pm »

Personally, I'm somewhat disappointed that they nerfed giant seed, and that's speaking as an invader. You've got to be quick to see that icon pop up, but it's a hell of a drug to turn it back on the host.

Summon cooldowns make me a little happy. Dear lord there have been a lot of times where I've fought through phantoms just to be faced with YET MORE GODDAMN PHANTOMS. Look, I enjoy killing people, but there is a limit to the number I can go through if the host decides to rabbit.

Most invaders, from my experience, don't do a lot of waiting. We're opportunistic, but we've also get a full schedule of people to kill today. One tongue isn't worth waiting when I can try and kill you in a straight fight.

Bah. I've said my two-bits and more already. The update didn't matter nearly as much to me as the blessed ringed knight UGS nerf. Running into a gank squad where literally everyone has it equipped was a bit... off-putting.

My last death was actually caused by a mixture of Dark Souls and Gungeon.

Fish can roll.

Fish cannot dodge roll and does NOT gain any i-frames.

(Nuclear Throne)

In my own personal experience 2 ring knights and a invader more than make up for having full estus.  Theres also that you have to be invaded what, 3 or 4 times to get one giant seed?  I'll quite often get the same asshole twice in a row and not have another giant seed for the second time he parks his ass on that damn chapel at the end of the swamp. (or any of the abundance of similar chokepoints in other areas)  What are you expected to do get gud to kill 2 ring knights and an invader at the same time?   I bet you couldn't.

EDIT: Even with a giant seed you aren't killing all three of the ring knights at that chapel in 45 seconds.  And they don't even need to wait that long, even with a seed, YOU have threat, not the invader.  They won't attack the invader unless they are stupid and hit them.

Wait, Ringed Knights or Harald Legionnaires?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19015 on: April 12, 2017, 02:26:24 pm »

Whatever the name of those guys with the circles on their chest are, with the flaming swords, spears and dragon shields.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19016 on: April 12, 2017, 02:29:13 pm »

Yeah, those are the ringed knights, I'm just no longer sure what area you're talking about. Not really important to the conversation, I'm just mildly confused.

Edit: Ah, right, in the swamp area, so you can progress to death bridge.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19017 on: April 12, 2017, 02:33:36 pm »

« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 02:37:24 pm by Greiger »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19018 on: April 12, 2017, 02:41:09 pm »

Spoiler: More Off Topic Stuff (click to show/hide)
---

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19019 on: April 12, 2017, 03:58:28 pm »

I cannot seem to find my save file for dragons dogma, but I need to uninstall and reinstall steam. This is complicated by the fact that for the last few months I've had steam running in compatibility mode with windows 8, due to an attempt to see if I could get skyrim to run (it failed) and have not been able to sync my game files to the cloud because of this or get steam to stop running in compatibility mode. I suppose I will have to start anew, so long stacks of sweet loot and massively overlevelled character.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 1266 1267 [1268] 1269 1270 ... 1575