Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1265 1266 [1267] 1268 1269 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2377164 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18990 on: April 07, 2017, 08:06:22 pm »

Trying to figure out exactly what it takes to destroy a Swarm, especially one just one jump from my homeworld. Sent in the biggest fleet I've built yet, almost a dozen cruisers and slightly less that of start-game destroyers, plus a couple of CnC destroyers. For some reason, the game puts my ships with the rear facing the hive, and they immediately get swarmed. Despite the order I put fleet reinforcements in, the game kept throwing in the backup CnCs... which immediately got swarmed and destroyed. Managed to blow up the hive, but the queen(?) looked like it slipped away, and the remaining cruisers got mobbed by the rest of the swarm because for all their impressive dakka(mass drivers and dumbfire missiles galore), they can't hit shit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yeah, don't go fighting swarm without point-defense weapons, preferably using a dedicated PD ship or two. Even red laser PD will be more effective than anything else at killing the smaller bugs.

If you don't have PD, emitters are supposedly pretty good against the smaller bugs due to their chaining effect.

As for attacking the Queen itself, click the queen's head to have your ships target it. Blowing the Queen's head off will remove her most powerful weapons.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18991 on: April 08, 2017, 09:17:01 pm »

Piloting a Su-25T can be a rather tricky affair, it turns out. It likely did not help that I was drunk.

It and I are now smeared across a field in Chechnya.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #18992 on: April 08, 2017, 09:48:44 pm »

The fucking Orient Express.

I spent the first half of the time limit in a game called Railroad Tycoon not actually building railroads because there's no way they're making enough money to actually fund your way from Vienna to Istanbul.

Still have no idea how the piss I'm expected to get the gold for this one.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18993 on: April 08, 2017, 10:55:42 pm »

Overestimated how much damage Mozu could take, even when paired up with Effie. She survived two battles and counterkilled her attackers, but the third enemy killed her.

Fire Emblem: Conquest.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #18994 on: April 09, 2017, 06:01:58 am »

The oracle opened the door, and Temurdai stepped through with weapons drawn, flanked by the grotesquely misshapen alchemist and followed by the oracle. Across the room from him a decaying, four-armed humanoid began to scream and spit curses, brandishing a sword in each hand. He cautiously circled it as the oracle closed distance, keeping it at a spear's length.

As it moved on the oracle, he dashed across the room, effortlessly tumbling past the unliving beast's swipes and coming up spitting mad and slashing, blade sparking on blades. Covering fire began peppering the beast from the archer and musketeer, as the oracle chanted and Temurdai began to grow.

The undead turned on him, attacking with the strength of the unnatural. Temurdai turned the first strike aside, but the second tore into an old wound, the third split his arm from shoulder to elbow, and the last cut his legs from under him. He fell, bleeding and unconscious.

In moments, the oracle was forced to withdraw. The musketeer's gun failed, and the alchemist was forced to take a risk. He threw a bomb at the creature, but it flew wide - landing bare inches from Temurdai's unconscious form. The blast took his torso.

Pathfinder. RIPepperonis my barbarian, thought I'd write up the mild comedy of errors that can cause a 2nd-level barbarian to die in two or three turns. 4d6+6 is some grown man damage.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18995 on: April 09, 2017, 06:36:45 pm »

A general failure. Spent several minutes attempting to patch several(read: all) of the structural struts throughout the ship because blast-door blocks(which the frame is made of) are not airtight along any facing(even though two sides are fully solid). This took a while because it's a massive ship. Then I discover the patch was useless for two reasons. One, the inner hull is already sealed against the structural layer, and two, the problem was caused by a single hangar-door block in the missile launcher not being part of the control group as the rest of the door. As a result, the door didn't close, and I haven't sectioned off every part of the ship as I was only testing for airtightness of the inner hull as a whole(it is).

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18996 on: April 09, 2017, 07:39:09 pm »

I can now fly my Su-25 in a straight line to a satisfying degree. The on-board navigation waypoint system continues to elude me, however. It seems to lead me astray on purpose. I think that I shall give in one day, and follow the little green circle whereever it intends to take us, which is no doubt to my doom.

I am doing less well with my weapon systems, however. For a lark, I loaded up a difficult mission where I am meant to destroy enemy AA vehicles with anti-radar missiles (that I still do not know how to use).

*Beep! Beep!*
"Why, that beeping sounds worrying."
*Beep beep beep beep!*
"And so do those smoke trails. What is the chaff button again?"
*BEEPBEEPBEEP*

Most of me landed in someone's back garden, this time.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #18997 on: April 09, 2017, 08:37:59 pm »

Lost to a pretty asshole three times before finally beating him.

Then lost to a crazy chef asshole several times before giving the fuck up.

I'm no good with boxing games, it seems.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18998 on: April 11, 2017, 03:10:08 pm »

Lightning Stake vs Power attacking greatsword means everyone loses.

Dark souls 3, undead match. (I did not know matches could end in a draw)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18999 on: April 11, 2017, 06:52:43 pm »

Jumped repeatedly on to spikes. I wasn't even a hard jump but it took at least 3 tries to get over it.

(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19000 on: April 11, 2017, 09:14:18 pm »

Failed at least 4 or 5 rushes in a row. At the very beginning of a new vault.

This is why I hate percent chances in video games.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19001 on: April 12, 2017, 02:29:48 am »

I must have invaded, like, thirty separate times over several hours and died so. Many. Times. I succeeded, as in the host died, three times, bringing me to four shackles. One of those successes was by my own hand: A one-on-one duel, which is a fucking miracle when invading, that I won by the skin of my teeth. The second 'win' was after invading the same three guys doing a silly swamp-men thing three times in only a few minutes. They dropped 99 embers for me and then suicided (I messaged them on Steam and they kept up the act still. Points for that). The third win was a big clusterfuck of the host, a summon, me, those two Exiles right before Farron Keep proper, and a Watchdog who landed the last hit but still granted me my precious shackle.

Every other invasion was me getting ganked, or another clusterfuck I didn't live to see the end of, or Black Crystal-ing because they popped a Seed, and fuck trying to handle that in Crucifixion Woods. During the latter type I had had a duel across the woods with a summon and in the middle of it the host, who at this point was content with letting us duel, decided to use a Seed. Like, why? How does that benefit you? I just want my fucking Bloodlust, man. Please.

Dark Souls Fuck Invading 3

Black lives matter.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #19002 on: April 12, 2017, 08:54:46 am »

I must have invaded, like, thirty separate times over several hours and died so. Many. Times. I succeeded, as in the host died, three times, bringing me to four shackles. One of those successes was by my own hand: A one-on-one duel, which is a fucking miracle when invading, that I won by the skin of my teeth. The second 'win' was after invading the same three guys doing a silly swamp-men thing three times in only a few minutes. They dropped 99 embers for me and then suicided (I messaged them on Steam and they kept up the act still. Points for that). The third win was a big clusterfuck of the host, a summon, me, those two Exiles right before Farron Keep proper, and a Watchdog who landed the last hit but still granted me my precious shackle.

Every other invasion was me getting ganked, or another clusterfuck I didn't live to see the end of, or Black Crystal-ing because they popped a Seed, and fuck trying to handle that in Crucifixion Woods. During the latter type I had had a duel across the woods with a summon and in the middle of it the host, who at this point was content with letting us duel, decided to use a Seed. Like, why? How does that benefit you? I just want my fucking Bloodlust, man. Please.

Dark Souls Fuck Invading 3

Why are you using the Black Crystal when they drop the Seed? The Seed is a fucking gift. Go find the biggest, nastiest mobs you can, and drag them all back to the host. Know the land. If they drop a Seed, check to see if they've killed the Exile and his buddy, if not then you've got all the 'allies' you'll ever need.  Otherwise, go find a couple red blokes and bring them with you. Aggro the entire population of the lower tower.

The Seed doesn't protect the host, it just makes it so you can bring every piece of hell on the map straight to them. I love people who use giant seeds, they make my bloody day.

If you like dueling, you can often (20% of the time, or close enough) invite people into successive one-on-one fights against their phantoms and finally the host if you're careful about your bows and show them an estus chug in the beginning.

If you want, I'll help you farm shackles.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Devstorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19003 on: April 12, 2017, 09:29:00 am »

The Black Plague. I was among the first to rot.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19004 on: April 12, 2017, 11:53:34 am »

Because I have enough trouble with two enemies, I don't want to handle 30+ while running around. :P
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 1265 1266 [1267] 1268 1269 ... 1575