Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1255 1256 [1257] 1258 1259 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376990 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18840 on: March 04, 2017, 11:22:59 pm »

No, what's this about "I can't believe it's not Portal"?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18841 on: March 04, 2017, 11:40:17 pm »

Big MT, the area Old World Blues is set in.

Honestly, I've always felt that Fallout has an undercurrent of wacky 50s scifi. OWB isn't really that much further out there, considering some of the other stuff in the series.

I didn't think the wacky sci-fi humor was especially good in any of the other games either, though. It always felt painfully unfunny and didn't mesh very well with the more straight-faced parts. Fallout does have some great humor, just not that particular brand of it.

The first character you interact with, and I'm assuming main questgiver throughout the DLC, is a radio voice with multiple personalities that constantly belittles you, yet requires you to accomplish its goals. It speaks in absurd fake-science talk and occasionally lets slip the horrible things it has done or intends to do to you. Not to mention waking up in a research facility gone insane in the care of said radio voice. It strikes me as an attempt to imitate Portal.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18842 on: March 04, 2017, 11:44:09 pm »

Yep.  A bad one.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18843 on: March 05, 2017, 01:14:20 am »

Alt-tabbed away to see the miracles in the game.

Came back to myself, almost dead, being attacked by a friendly neighborhood mound-maker. I did not survive.

Dark Souls 3. I ain't even mad.

[edit] Not even five minutes later and I lose 17-some thousand souls because of the stupid giant asshole with the stupid giant saw and its stupid fucking bleed damage. Now I am very mad.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 01:18:04 am by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18844 on: March 05, 2017, 03:49:24 am »

Hey, I remember liking Old World Blues. :-\
Then again, that was probably more for the cool environments, fun weapons and general weirdness than the plot or anything.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18845 on: March 05, 2017, 08:24:32 am »

Feeling very pissed off at hackers throughout multiple games.

Yesterday, killed twice by a knife infiltrator using a damage hack.

Today, lost a base when some hacker got into the otherwise inaccessible SCU room. Then shot down while flying by someone who was invisible to engagement radar despite riding my ass pretty closely(which, considering how I fly, is pretty hard.

Later, different game, someone walked up to me, mumbled something into his mic, then two shotted me with a thrown spear and some hand weapon. That might not have been hack though, just some asshole.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18846 on: March 05, 2017, 08:49:51 am »

The first character you interact with, and I'm assuming main questgiver throughout the DLC, is a radio voice with multiple personalities that constantly belittles you, yet requires you to accomplish its goals. It speaks in absurd fake-science talk and occasionally lets slip the horrible things it has done or intends to do to you. Not to mention waking up in a research facility gone insane in the care of said radio voice. It strikes me as an attempt to imitate Portal.
You haven't gotten very far into the DLC, if you think this then.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

FridayBiology

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18847 on: March 05, 2017, 09:09:09 am »

Got sidetracked setting up the interior of a semi-above ground fortress and neglected to un-suspend the edging fortifications to prevent climbing zombies ... Finally noticed when a handful of zombies appeared with a necromancer and fortress fell to the undead keas that stopped the initial construction.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #18848 on: March 06, 2017, 01:03:32 am »

Some hacker asshole summoned three Relinquished in one turn.

Yugioh duel links.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18849 on: March 06, 2017, 01:33:09 pm »

I found out that my oilpan wasn't in correctly. Then I unscrewed stuff to take my engine out of my car. Then physics happened and stuff broke off of my car. Then I punched my windshield and quit.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #18850 on: March 06, 2017, 01:43:39 pm »

Was traveling to jita in a cheapish ship to sell a PLEX i was given as a gift (which was contracted to me at Jita, so i didn't lose 1bil ISK by mistake), and i was caught in a warp bubble, surrounded by a bunch of looters that were Goonswarm enemies. I obviously got blown to bits.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18851 on: March 06, 2017, 10:25:01 pm »

I built a few ships and tried attacking the next system over. Then the AI steamrolled me with a few hundred ships.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 10:33:39 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18852 on: March 07, 2017, 05:30:35 am »

I built a few ships and tried attacking the next system over. Then the AI steamrolled me with a few hundred ships.

Tip: This is not a game where you build ships to conquer the next system over.

EDIT: Death.

While what was left of my squad were laying around playing with themselves, possibly due to some pathing bug caused by the fact that two guys were too injured to move several kilometers away, and were there for most of the mission. The marker for where I'm supposed to be in the formation is next to someone who is just wandering about in the opposite direction we're supposed to go. I figure I might as well try to charge past the dozen or so paratroopers that just dropped on the other side of the hill we were on, and if I reached the objective it might trigger the mission end.

The second I think this, a mortar lands right on top of me.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 06:42:14 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18853 on: March 07, 2017, 06:52:23 am »

Kanye got into his zone.

SHABOIT

This game actually got a lot more fair since the first time I played it, now it'll tell you where the next Kanye appears and their starting direction. I was just a dummy and went the wrong way.

KanyeZone.

I shot at a Robo-Scorpion. The game decided to commit honorable seppuku, with a pretty spectacular crash. Normally it just closes and Windows says "lol it fucked up" but this time there was audio stuttering and a huge black window. Had to go to another desktop (win + tab) so I could see and click the task manager to force kill it.

Fallout: New Vegas. Some day I will install the fan bug fixes. Some day.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 08:42:07 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18854 on: March 07, 2017, 01:34:06 pm »

Got ultimate MvC3. Went online in UMvC3. Got absolutely owned in UMvC3.  It seems that before I go online I should learn how to do basic combos, and not just rely on 'put a net trap in front of me and then keep fireing a plasma gun and hope they die'.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1255 1256 [1257] 1258 1259 ... 1575