Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1227 1228 [1229] 1230 1231 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2375275 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18420 on: December 21, 2016, 01:56:15 pm »

I'm dealing 33 damage to Quelaag on a strong attack. 50 with the RTSR, but then I die if I step in lava, and that gets a touch unavoidable occasionally because these things have no range.

Dark Souls, SL10 dual caestus edition. Pflehthethe.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18421 on: December 21, 2016, 06:39:58 pm »

[Xcom2]
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #18422 on: December 21, 2016, 06:58:03 pm »

Spoiler: Spoiler Suggestion (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 07:00:01 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18423 on: December 21, 2016, 07:16:05 pm »

Things were already going poorly (waiting 1-2 hours for cloning because the researchers were dumbasses who didn't know how to do anything). The XO decided to call the Rasputin back up with a load of xenos on board 'cause he's smart like that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Things went decently well. We killed a Queen and cornered them in engineering with two sentry guns covering the main exit. Then some moron grenaded the sentries. Things fell apart, I was fucked up from acid burns and (predictably) being shot in the back. Some corpsman from Alpha dragged me off while I faded in and out, trying to get me up. We got caught in the hall by medical, a Hunter and Runner pounced him. About half a second later I managed to stand up and whip out the SMG I had on my armor (lost the shotgun back in the hanger, and we were long since out of rifle ammo) and sprayed them down. He got back up, we ran for cloning, and he buzzed us through the door, but a Praetorian downed him and a Runner pried open the door from the morgue. So, the predictable happened. Shame I didn't have time to pull the grenade I had.

Oh, and the admins forced three Iron Bear raids that round because Xenos weren't winning hard enough. And that was after the goddamn incompetents kept us from being cloned.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18424 on: December 22, 2016, 08:39:16 am »

I got killed way too many times by the Gamma Metroid.

I can't stand enemies that are just giant hurtboxes that sit on top of you until you die. The Alpha Metroids were already a borderline example, but they're so small and their arenas so large that it's possible to make them overshoot. The Gamma fight was in a hallway, with barely any room to get underneath it and hit the weakpoint.

AM2R.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 08:42:07 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18425 on: December 22, 2016, 12:17:55 pm »

Accidentally wandered into a patch of grass while breeding pokes and not paying attention.  I instantly realized that I forgot to have my flame body fletchinder leading my party, (which would increase the hatch speed of eggs, as well as be able to handle everything near the nursery), and instead had a recently hatched lv 1 Alomomola. 

I failed to run repeatedly and the Champion got his ass kicked by a lv 12 Miltank.

Pokemon Moon
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #18426 on: December 22, 2016, 05:14:00 pm »

Sent my henchman to try and disable a trapped chest in the catacombs underneath a graveyard.  Unfortunately, she failed and the MASSIVE EXPLOSION TRAP exploded massively, dropping me to 5 health and dropping my henchman to well into the -20s.  In fact, I think it might've completely incinerated my henchman to the point where even the light of Tyr cannot revive her and I couldn't find her anywhere.
D'oh well, henchmen are cheap and plentiful in the city of Neverwinter.

Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18427 on: December 22, 2016, 05:21:13 pm »

The Act 1 graveyard? What difficulty are you at?
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18428 on: December 22, 2016, 06:12:16 pm »

Accidentally wandered into a patch of grass while breeding pokes and not paying attention.  I instantly realized that I forgot to have my flame body fletchinder leading my party, (which would increase the hatch speed of eggs, as well as be able to handle everything near the nursery), and instead had a recently hatched lv 1 Alomomola. 

I failed to run repeatedly and the Champion got his ass kicked by a lv 12 Miltank.

Pokemon Moon
Wait, the Flame Body poke needs to be at the front of the party? I thought it just had to be *in* the party.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18429 on: December 22, 2016, 06:14:44 pm »

Pretty sure just in the party. On the other hand, his entire party might have been eggs(and Alomomola), so he would not have had anything else *to* lead.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18430 on: December 22, 2016, 06:16:01 pm »

Pretty sure just in the party. On the other hand, his entire party might have been eggs(and Alomomola), so he would not have had anything else *to* lead.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #18431 on: December 22, 2016, 06:29:03 pm »

I buffed up my Coast Watcher with a spell that both boosted its Intelligence and gave it the Protect buff. I was going to use its strongest AoE (at least I think it counts as one as it hits multiple enemies) buy a Horror Hound somehow killed it. This was bad because the Coast Watcher is my primary damage dealer so I haven't really prepared for the occasions where it dies, and so the enemies wiped the rest of my team out pretty easily.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #18432 on: December 22, 2016, 07:10:13 pm »

The Act 1 graveyard? What difficulty are you at?
It should be the default difficulty, and I only survived because I've gotten amazing rolls when leveling up.  70 HP at level 5 is amazing.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18433 on: December 22, 2016, 10:08:26 pm »

Ah, you must be doing things in a different order and the traps must be levelled. I went to Beggar's Nest second, and Tomi Undergallows hasn't had a problem disabling traps yet.

Do you have Sharwyn? She's pretty lame at lockpicking, and she never even tried to disable traps for me.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #18434 on: December 22, 2016, 10:19:05 pm »

Ah, you must be doing things in a different order and the traps must be levelled. I went to Beggar's Nest second, and Tomi Undergallows hasn't had a problem disabling traps yet.

Do you have Sharwyn? She's pretty lame at lockpicking, and she never even tried to disable traps for me.
I also did beggars nest second, after doing the peninsula district.  I had switched to Sharwyn from Tomi, just to try something different, and she was the one who bit the dust.
Pages: 1 ... 1227 1228 [1229] 1230 1231 ... 1575