Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1228 1229 [1230] 1231 1232 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2375288 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18435 on: December 22, 2016, 10:28:32 pm »

There must be more than one graveyard/crypt area in Act 1 then. I haven't gotten very far in the game myself.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18436 on: December 23, 2016, 01:02:48 am »

Playing KSP with the mod that adds guns and AIs. I had created a tank and made it team B for some shinanigans against other tanks.   I forgot I left it at the Space center.

Few days later I try to launch a fancy airship made with another mod.  It plops down on the runway beautifully.  But for some reason it keeps blowing up a few seconds after I start the engines.

On the 3rd attempted launch I figure out what is happening as a tank shell is spotted flying through the gap between the balloon and gondola.  It seems the crappy little turret I placed on the zeppelin and the guard AI set to activate on engine start was causing the little 'Team B' tank I left out in the field go "OMG enemy!  Shoot it! Shoot it! Shoot it!" And blow everything I was trying to launch away.

Kerbal Space Program.

(I eventually took that as a challenge, created another tank designed to survive a hit and blow the other tank away instead of taking the easy way out and recovering it)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 01:06:21 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18437 on: December 23, 2016, 02:54:10 am »

Some spoilers led to a fight with four Brotherhood Paladins in a tiny space. It wasn't exactly fair, even with my dinky metal armor all repaired and breaking out the grenade launcher for the occasion. It took my entire supply of very expensive Stimpacks (and four attempts) to survive, which was very annoying.

It doesn't really feel like I'm getting any more powerful in this game. Although I'm level 20, the only things I can stomp reliably are mole rats and other little critters. Most of the raiders, ghouls, and other creatures FUCKING MIRELURKS I take on seem to have just levelled up alongside me, gaining hitpoints and better weapons at the same rate I do.

Fallout: New Vegas.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18438 on: December 23, 2016, 02:51:39 pm »

So not really a death, but: I got the little notice that my controller battery was low, so I went to plug in my USB cable to charge it.  I poorly chose the power button as the point to brace the console while plugging the cable in.  :o

About 45 minutes of Fallout 3 progress lost...
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #18439 on: December 23, 2016, 09:43:14 pm »

Insurgency.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Actual death causes (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18440 on: December 23, 2016, 09:49:15 pm »

Insurgency.

"RPG! RPG!!!" *boom*
Other team: "Alloha snackbar!!"

Didn't know Security had a rocket launcher. I guess they added it recently?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18441 on: December 23, 2016, 09:56:33 pm »

Insurgency.

"RPG! RPG!!!" *boom*
Other team: "Alloha snackbar!!"

Didn't know Security had a rocket launcher. I guess they added it recently?
The security forces have had an at4 for awhile, but the demo class is the ones who get them for both sides.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18442 on: December 23, 2016, 10:35:33 pm »

I got my head mashed in by a Super Sledge.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18443 on: December 23, 2016, 11:27:45 pm »

Amusing that in one line you said that Fallout has taught you that remnants of the old world are bad and should go away, and in the next are deciding to side with a megalomaniacal pre-war survivor with an incredible case of paranoia and who demands that everyone in his perfect utopia kowtow to his every whim.

The crazy old bastard deserves a plasma bolt to the face.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #18444 on: December 23, 2016, 11:37:39 pm »

I got my head mashed in by a Super Sledge.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18445 on: December 23, 2016, 11:48:50 pm »

Amusing that in one line you said that Fallout has taught you that remnants of the old world are bad and should go away, and in the next are deciding to side with a megalomaniacal pre-war survivor with an incredible case of paranoia and who demands that everyone in his perfect utopia kowtow to his every whim.

The crazy old bastard deserves a plasma bolt to the face.

He passed his Speech checks against me. :P

He says that he's not interested in legislating or ruling over what people do; hell, he let a trashy slum grow around the Strip and keeps a whorehouse across the street from his palace. He needs customers for the safety and luxury that he offers, he doesn't get that by melting his consumer base with lasers or strangling them with an iron fist. He's allied with the Boomers for Hoover Dam and only nukes the Omertas because they're planning an attack on the Strip.

"Extreme paranoia" is what happens when you have a cautious, calculating leader, who's also a computer and has an army of robots and nothing but time to plan. The NCR sure wouldn't pass up assassination if it meant life or death for the state.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18446 on: December 23, 2016, 11:52:24 pm »

... You did read his history over at Cerulean and at his old mansion, right?  He's based on Howard Hughes, an absolutely brilliant man who was brought down by crippling insanity.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 11:53:55 pm by NullForceOmega »

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18447 on: December 23, 2016, 11:53:27 pm »

... No.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18448 on: December 23, 2016, 11:56:00 pm »

Just make sure you don't look him in the eyes, even when he's wearing his special hat, you might be stealing his thought energy.  And he won't hesitate to use his special shotgun.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18449 on: December 24, 2016, 07:43:44 am »

I made it past the communist threat, avoided my parents' fate and got inside the vault. Using my lockpicking skills and technical aptitude, I repaired the Vault's security robot, unsealed the generator room and turned on the life support.

However, with nothing to do but spend the rest of my life in the Vault, wearing a T51 power helmet over a leather jacket, talking to the same three NPCs for eternity, listening to the incessant rattle of the ventilation system...

I pressed Ctrl + K, unravelling the very fabric of the universe to free myself from this existential torment.

Van Buren, the unreleased Fallout 3 that came before the "real" Fallout 3. Don't know if it would count as abandonware or what, but it's trivially easy to find yourself.
Pages: 1 ... 1228 1229 [1230] 1231 1232 ... 1575