Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1229 1230 [1231] 1232 1233 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2375286 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18450 on: December 24, 2016, 09:01:39 am »

Oh cool, I didn't know there was even an incomplete release! Thanks!

Re Mr House: Being based on an eccentric genius doesn't make him bad :P I'd love to say more in his defense (in FO:NV thread) but I'm on mobile for a while.

Oh also this morning I was out of water, food, and the power to make more. Failed 4 power rushes in a row (34-70% chance). Mehquit.

Fallout Shelter
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18451 on: December 24, 2016, 12:44:40 pm »

Pirates.

Pirates.

Pirates.

Pirates.

Did the pirates get a huge buff recently? I swear I've had so many promising games cut short lately by nigh-unstoppable pirate factions. They find ancient and extremely powerful capital ships that outclass anything I can field, they break protection arrangements to murder my people on a whim, and if I try to fight them they simply capture all of my warships and turn them against me. I don't want to turn them off entirely but this is ridiculous.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18452 on: December 24, 2016, 09:26:36 pm »

Tried to use a power line as a tightrope to get from one side of the street to the other, to avoid a Wall of Light I forgot to turn off before. Turns out the line had no collision, causing me to fall through. From the roof of a 5 story building.

Several City Watchmen, possibly Overseers as well, were shouting about how the one who kills me gets a promotion, or gets a week of free whiskey. A wolfhound tackles me from the side and rips my throat out. I guess that is going to be one very drunk hound for the next week.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18453 on: December 25, 2016, 02:14:53 am »

In the middle of a fight with a drake, its taking more than 40min to kill the fucker because somehow the only party member that can deal more than a cat scratch worth to it is the healer, and she's distracted trying to heal herself and everyone else full time because were all getting the shit knocked out of us. So I decide to start opening chests. Its possible one will contain something to help shorten this grind, right? Wrong. Second chest I open contains one of those damn vore tentacle monsters that promptly eats me. With the pawns busy with the dragon, they probably didn't even notice.
At least I had half a dozen wake stones...

Dragons dogma; dark arisen
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18454 on: December 25, 2016, 02:47:55 am »

Elodie was dumb. Again.

Long Live The Queen.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18455 on: December 25, 2016, 08:04:28 am »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18456 on: December 25, 2016, 07:49:01 pm »

Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18457 on: December 27, 2016, 01:14:54 pm »

Apparently in Paralogue 14 the Faceless will never stop spawning if you don't get rid of the acid bogs. Literally. It's a popular spot for grinding.
I mean, I had already killed Rhajat, but by the time I realized it was a "Rout the enemy" map, I had given up on managing to shut off any more than the, like, two I had already reached.

Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright. Don't judge me. I'm afraid of Conquest.
Black lives matter.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18458 on: December 27, 2016, 02:20:56 pm »

I happened across some Legionary assassins. Even though I was wearing metal armor and a helmet in good condition, they still have absurd DPS and chewed through my health in no time. I couldn't even use a Stimpack, since the Pip-Boy only seems to come up every second or third time I hit the button in combat. Same with VATS.

Still not as frequent or death-causing as Skyrim's "You can't shout because game says no" glitches.

Fallout: New Vegas.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18459 on: December 27, 2016, 04:59:17 pm »

GAAAAAH

I remember now why I disliked Doomrl.

its cuz its got a lot of bullshit buttraping in it, that you cannot avoid.

I like hard, I dislike unfair.  Teleporting into a random level with a random layout and random enemies surrounding you is bull.  And ultraviolence is a huge step up from Hurt Me Plenty.  Talking about an average of 4 levels on the former and 20 on the latter.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18460 on: December 27, 2016, 08:17:57 pm »

I sacrificed some poor mercenary to Boethiah, because I've decided the only way my character could work RP-wise is as a sociopathic serial killer.

After Boethiah gave a big speech about mortal fools and mortality and foolishness, she suddenly declared "Everybody fight now". I was not ready. As a result, I was right next to the toughest NPCs in the cult when the fight began. I did not last long.

Skyrim.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18461 on: December 27, 2016, 10:08:22 pm »

its got a lot of bullshit buttraping in it, that you cannot avoid.
I like hard, I dislike unfair. 

Sounds like the problems I'm having with Wings of Vi, a game that claims there isn't any artificial difficulty but pretty much every single screen is 'memorize this and then do it frame perfect or die instantly and go back to your last checkpoint'. It's the same for the two bosses I've managed to muscle through as well. It's just 'keep trying until you randomly luck into them doing an attack pattern you can handle, where they don't summon adds or do a bullshit dive attack that forces you to risk dying just to avoid the damage'.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #18462 on: December 27, 2016, 10:18:46 pm »

I took on the Flying E4 member first. I led with an Electric-type, but I wasn't counting on them leading with a part-Ground type. The resulting switch I had to make ultimately led to half my team getting wiped. I didn't think to restock on Revives and met my untimely end against the Rock user two battles later.

Pokémon Sun.

This game is easily the hardest Pokémon game since maybe 3rd gen, and I love it--Game Freak finally took the jump from making most peoples' strategies "random flailing" with a couple of unusually hard trainers here and there (e.g. double battle involving a Slaking ability swap, Wally the competitive-level superboss) to giving everybody a little bit of an AI boost and giving basically all the bosses some kind of trick strategy somewhere in their lineup, even just little things like allowing them to make tactical switches. Frankly, the improved AI alone makes playing through the story more fun than most of the other games.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18463 on: December 27, 2016, 11:03:04 pm »

I took on the Flying E4 member first. I led with an Electric-type, but I wasn't counting on them leading with a part-Ground type. The resulting switch I had to make ultimately led to half my team getting wiped. I didn't think to restock on Revives and met my untimely end against the Rock user two battles later.

Pokémon Sun.

This game is easily the hardest Pokémon game since maybe 3rd gen, and I love it--Game Freak finally took the jump from making most peoples' strategies "random flailing" with a couple of unusually hard trainers here and there (e.g. double battle involving a Slaking ability swap, Wally the competitive-level superboss) to giving everybody a little bit of an AI boost and giving basically all the bosses some kind of trick strategy somewhere in their lineup, even just little things like allowing them to make tactical switches. Frankly, the improved AI alone makes playing through the story more fun than most of the other games.
Err, I hate to ask, but which Ground-type Pokemon does she use?  I don't remember Kahili having any ground-types in the original battle or any of the rematches I've had so far with her. 

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18464 on: December 27, 2016, 11:39:21 pm »

Sounds like the problems I'm having with Wings of Vi, a game that claims there isn't any artificial difficulty but pretty much every single screen is 'memorize this and then do it frame perfect or die instantly and go back to your last checkpoint'. It's the same for the two bosses I've managed to muscle through as well. It's just 'keep trying until you randomly luck into them doing an attack pattern you can handle, where they don't summon adds or do a bullshit dive attack that forces you to risk dying just to avoid the damage'.

I can only assume that the developer means a lack of artificial difficulty compared to other games he's made. Admittedly that video links to a speedrun and thus isn't representative of a standard playthrough of the game but... I think it shows where Wings of Vi is coming from. Namely the same kind of angle as I Want to be the Guy, just with less stale internet memes and so on.
Pages: 1 ... 1229 1230 [1231] 1232 1233 ... 1575